PDA

View Full Version : Selling a lower???

cop1211
05-27-13, 05:29
I'm selling a lower receiver, I have an offer from someone who is in state, but not local. I know you can do a sale face to face , but can a sale be made with a copy if a d.l. etc.,in state by mail, from me to the potential buyer with out going through an FFL?

Legal or no???

Thank you.

jmnielsen
05-27-13, 07:12
I believe so. As long as its in state you don't have to go through an FFL.

scoutfsu99
05-27-13, 07:28
You're going to want to check your applicable state laws but generally, yes its legal.

In TN, intrastate shipping is perfectly fine without going through an FFL. I've sent and received weapons that way. It is when you hit that pesky state line that you need to be kicking it out to an FFL.

From what I remember while living in FL, you're good. But double check with locals/ local laws.

Desmond82
05-27-13, 07:30
I was under the impression you could only mail a firearm to an FFL period.

Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!

Desmond82
05-27-13, 07:31
You're going to want to check your applicable state laws but generally, yes its legal.

In TN, intrastate shipping is perfectly fine without going through an FFL. I've sent and received weapons that way. It is when you hit that pesky state line that you need to be kicking it out to an FFL.

From what I remember while living in FL, you're good. But double check with locals/ local laws.

Do you have to declare that the package is a firearm?

thei3ug
05-27-13, 07:37
I was under the impression you could only mail a firearm to an FFL period.

Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!

If it is in state, it is regulated by state law.

jwperry
05-27-13, 07:41
In the state of Florida you're good to go for instate direct mailing, assuming all other FTF procedures are completed.

The trick is going to be finding a shipping company that will actually do it. Neither UPS or FedEx will do it here in Orlando as their company's "gun shipping binder for dummies" both state to verify destination FFL paperwork.

scoutfsu99
05-27-13, 07:53
UPS will ship them. You have to go to an actual hub though, not the franchised stores. If you need to, print out their actual regs to wave in their faces.

You can also ship a rifle through USPS but only FFL's can ship pistols. I haven't shipped a firearm through FedEx in years so I can't give a100% answer. Last time I did, I mailed a rifle and had zero problems.

Create a UPS account and put in all the info. Drop it off at the hub.

For me to ship a weapon intrastate, I just need a warm and fuzzy that they're legally allowed to own said weapon. However you determine that is up to you (HCP, CCW, DL, etc).

Desmond82
05-27-13, 08:03
If it is in state, it is regulated by state law.

I'm tracking

Hemoglobin
05-27-13, 09:13
That's what I have always done in the past:

Create a account, create the label/pay, tell what it is in the section that asks what it is or if they need to know what it is (I forget what the verbiage is) and drop it off.

Never had a problem.