PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6920 Front Sight and Optics

Steinmaster
05-27-13, 09:20
I have a Colt LE 6920 with a flat top picatinney rail and the fixed front sight. I want to add a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 with a LaRue QD mount. Does anyone know if the front sight will interfere with the optic sight picture and reticles? LaRue says this mount places the optic 1.5 inches above the top of the rail. Thanks

Wormydog1724
05-27-13, 09:27
I have a Colt LE 6920 with a flat top picatinney rail and the fixed front sight. I want to add a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 with a LaRue QD mount. Does anyone know if the front sight will interfere with the optic sight picture and reticles? LaRue says this mount places the optic 1.5 inches above the top of the rail. Thanks

On 1x it will be in the way but still usable, on 3-4x the optic focuses past the FSB so you won't see it. I would chop the FSB and add a Troy alpha rail over it. But that's just me.

NCHornet
05-27-13, 09:55
On 1x it will be in the way but still usable, on 3-4x the optic focuses past the FSB so you won't see it. I would chop the FSB and add a Troy alpha rail over it. But that's just me.

This is very true. My best advice is try it and see if it bothers you, it doesn't bother me, don't even see it any more. You can always cut the FSB any time.

AKDoug
05-27-13, 11:03
I ran a Trijicon 1-4 for over a year with a fixed front sight. Didn't bother me a bit on any power.

OkieOutlaw
05-27-13, 14:31
I have similar sights on all my ar's and even at lowest magnification 2.5 I can barely make out a shadow of the front post but only vaguely and by the time she is cranked up to 10x it has completely vanished. Also have a .22lr ar clone with a 3x9 sitting just above the bore and cannot see front post at all. Here is a pic of my "squirrel sniper". Even though this little gal (22lr clone) has killed just about any critter that has walked in front of my old reliable 2man ladder stand here in southern OK. Just imagine looking through this mess. http://imageshack.us/a/img33/8538/s3010023.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img580/7457/s3010022.jpg