PDA

View Full Version : Almost Finished

sapper1
05-27-13, 17:05
I am almost finished with my build and would like some suggestions on a muzzle device and sights. For the muzzle device I am currently looking at the YHM-28-5M compensator. Here is a pic of what I have so far.

Hygienist
05-27-13, 20:18
Both of these suggestions are more expensive but worth it, IMO.

One is the Griffin Armament Flash Comp
http://griffinarmament.com/accessories/centerfire-muzzle/m4sd-flash-comp/
It's basically a battlecomp with flash hider tongs. Good flash hiding ability, good muzzle rise and recoil control, with fairly tolerable concussion.

The other is the BCM comp
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Compensator-MOD-0-5-56-p/bcm-gfc-mod-0-556.htm
Compared to the YHM (and griffin comp) I'd say it has worse recoil reducing/muzzle rise reducing abilities to a certain extent, but makes up for it by having a more tolerable concussion and more flash control.

RMiller
05-27-13, 22:25
Griffin, BCM, or BattleComp. But not needed right away.

A set of Daniel Defense fixed sights would look sick on there.

Add a good 2 point sling. VCAS comes to mind.

Later on add a good light (surefire x300, etc).

Everything else is subjective to what you deem needed as you shoot and develop your shooting skill.

sapper1
05-28-13, 10:32
Thanks for the input. I haven't used this "platform" much since I got out of the military so I am really looking forward to running it. Looking at the DD sights I only see fixed sights are there any advantages of fixed sights over flip up as that is what I am currently considering.

Littlelebowski
05-28-13, 10:36
I'd just go with an A2 flash hide. What optic are you looking at?

RMiller
05-28-13, 10:48
I'd just go with an A2 flash hide. What optic are you looking at?

I would agree. The A2 will do a decent job. They are cheap, so you are not losing out any. Move to a comp later.

The money is better spent. Focus on making the gun functional and becoming reacquainted with the platform.

As far as optics go.......If you have some buddies with optics try them out before commiting the money. I've been through a few aimpoints and now have an eotech EXPS on my carbine. I like the reticle. You can bet I know how to use those irons. Even though I haven't had ANY trouble out of this newer eotech model, I'm still a paranoid person. 1-4 optics are worth a look to.

OP, Just remember what works for one doesn't always work for another. Find what works for you and roll with it, adapt if necessary.

lunchbox
05-28-13, 10:49
I'd just go with an A2 flash hide. What optic are you looking at?This and use saved $ on class. You can always add an more expensive FH/comp later after ya kno what you really want, after some swing time with bat.

sapper1
05-28-13, 11:06
I really haven't made any decision on optics yet. I have been looking at Aimpoint and Eotech but will need to save a little while before I can purchase either. I never used optics on my weapon in the military so I am a little partial to irons any way. Ideally I would like to be able to quickly transition to my irons if my optics failed for some reason, like a dead battery.

BH321
05-28-13, 11:23
I really haven't made any decision on optics yet. I have been looking at Aimpoint and Eotech but will need to save a little while before I can purchase either. I never used optics on my weapon in the military so I am a little partial to irons any way. Ideally I would like to be able to quickly transition to my irons if my optics failed for some reason, like a dead battery.

If that is your goal, then I would recommend and Aimpoint PRO or T1 in a lower 1/3 mount and fixed front and rear irons. Also, as has been previously stated, save money on the muzzle device and just stick with an A2 flash hider for the present.

ETA: The new transverse battery Eotechs are good, but after the old 516 model I'm still nervous about them, and they eat batteries compared to the Aimpoint.

NCHornet
05-28-13, 12:42
Griffin Armament M4SDII is the best I have used. Sold the BC 1.0 after getting it, as most do. Spikes Dynacomp is another that I hear good things about.

_Stormin_
05-28-13, 12:47
I have been looking at Aimpoint and Eotech but will need to save a little while before I can purchase either. I never used optics on my weapon in the military so I am a little partial to irons any way. Ideally I would like to be able to quickly transition to my irons if my optics failed for some reason, like a dead battery.

If keeping the optic going is a concern, go with the Aimpoint PRO. The battery life on it is simply ridiculous. 20,000 hours from a single battery. Of course, the thing is sturdy as hell also.

TurretGunner
08-13-13, 19:09
Griffin Armament M4SDII is the best I have used. Sold the BC 1.0 after getting it, as most do. Spikes Dynacomp is another that I hear good things about.

I run a .308 dynacomp and for the money, it can't be beat. Having a hard time understanding how BC is even still in business.