PDA

View Full Version : Surefire LX2 Ultra Aborted- EB2 to replace it?

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-28-13, 22:57
I emailed SF about the LX2 Ultra- launched 18 months ago but never sold. I was told it was aborted and that the 'EB2' would take its place. The only stuff I found on the EB2 was on Candle Forums and that was an odd discussion about leaks about the EB2.

Anyone know what an EB2 would be like?

I just want a flashlight with the Ultra level of output, but with a non-click 2+ level of output. I 'lost' (I think my 3 year old hid it) LX2 and I want a replacement. I was waiting patiently for the LX2 Ultra....

I don't get why it is so hard to find a flashlight with a variable output one touch button on it? I want low output, but be able to blast light at a moments notice. The LX2 was my EDC, but I also mainly liked it for it 'knock in the night' ability. Even 15 lumens inside with night adjusted vision is really bright. I don't want to have to click thru other levels to get to the level I want.

I heard somewhere that there was a patent on the one-button variable pressure for different light output?

jaxman7
05-29-13, 19:08
Didn't know the ultra was aborted. My daily carry is an LX2 as well. I also have a 'spare' LX2 head on my M600A scout to mimic the output of the M600C. Hate to see that the ultra version never came to light.

Would like to hear more on a replacement (hopefully) as well.

-Jax

Leonidas
05-30-13, 08:23
The Surefire E2D Defender Ultra is available now with the features of the LX2 plus the addition of a clicky if you need it.

The EB2 worries me if it has the same regulation issues as the EB1

jstalford
05-30-13, 08:39
That sucks, the LX2 is my favorite light and I was looking forward to the ultra. I lost mine too, except I think I know where it is, I just have to look.

I think a light is the part of my EDC items I miss the most when it's gone.

bighawk
07-30-13, 19:51
I spoke with a Surefire customer service rep yesterday and asked about the LX2 ultra. I was told they did abort that project and it kind of sounds like they have put out the EB2 to replace the LX2 Ultra. It looks like it could make a quality replacement for my current E2D defender.

PLCedeno
11-06-13, 08:39
The Surefire E2D Defender Ultra is available now with the features of the LX2 plus the addition of a clicky if you need it.

The EB2 worries me if it has the same regulation issues as the EB1

What regulation issues?

jaxman7
11-09-13, 23:45
I was wondering about the regulation issue myself. I do notice a slight flickering especially while at 15 lumens and my LX2 does seem to eat batteries much quicker than an X300, M600C, or E2DL.

-Jax