PDA

View Full Version : rainier arms nickel boron bcg opinions

03scgt
05-29-13, 18:28
I picked one of these up when they were for sale earlier this month to use in a sbr build.figured it had good specs, was coming from a known company and wasnt overpriced like alot of bcg's were right now.I did a search for rainier arms but it came back mainly with lowers or full rifles

Anyone here have any experience with one? Mine looks to have great gas key staking and a nice finish, the bolt is clearly mpi marked as well.

Figured id ask now if its going to be junk and I should sell it while demand is high or if its good to go

jaxman7
05-29-13, 18:30
No experience with that particular BCG but if its from Rainier I would rest easy that it isn't junk.

-Jax

mel to the core
05-29-13, 21:04
I picked up one as well and it's a tad tight in a brand new vltor mur. I had it dripping wet before I ever tried it and it would not drop in. Finish is excellent, staking is excellent. But the coating must be a tad thick.

I put it in a used Aero upper, it dropped right in, racked it about 40 times then proceeded to wiggle it into the mur. Still a bit tight and you can see where the finish is being "polished" at the front of the gas key and on the top carrier rails. I have not shot this bcg yet.

Army Chief
05-29-13, 22:21
No experience with that particular BCG but if its from Rainier I would rest easy that it isn't junk.

-Jax

Concur. I've got one of Rainier's UltraMatch Elite uppers (with this BCG), as well as various other components, and would rate them on par with the very best stuff out there. Having visited the retail and warehouse operations personally, I can state with confidence that John and his team are obsessed with doing it right.

AC

markm
05-30-13, 08:28
I bought one of their Niggle Boron Bolts... no carrier.. just the bolt. No problems with it. :confused:

Tyrantresister
05-30-13, 12:33
How much were they on sale for?

03scgt
05-30-13, 14:24
Good to hear I was contemplating buying one of their 3gun AR's to go along eith my bcm.I know they have great service and sell nice products but diddnt know how good their rainier labeled products were

The bcg was 199 or 207$ shipped to my house.