PDA

View Full Version : Surefire G2X Tactical vs 6PX Tactical

Tacti-square
05-29-13, 22:29
http://www.surefire.com/g2x-tactical.html

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/6px-sup-8482-sup-tactical.html

They're both single output 320 lights. The only discernible difference I can find is that the G2X Tac is not only lighter but cheaper. Apparently it's the polymer-body version of the 6PX Tac, which is aerospace aluminum. Is this important?

Also, it's worth noting that the G2X was not shown when I put the filter to "Self-Defense." I find that odd; is the fact that it's polymer and not aerospace aluminum an issue?

Kain
05-30-13, 00:12
I have two G2Xs. Like them a lot, have one that was carried on duty, was my go to handheld though I have a X300U on my duty weapon. I went with it because it is cheaper more than anything. If I was going to spend more then the $60 I spent on it ordering it from SKD when on sale I would have bought a Fury. One G2X is going to go on a carbine here shortly as well. Personally I don't see it being any less durable and having run mine hard, and having friends who have beat the everloving snot out theirs with no issue I don't think you will have any problems with it. Though I suppose if you were looking at using the light as a weapon or a loaded fist then the extra weight of the 6PX might come in handy. Neither though are things I would rate as primary weapons though so I would save the money and weight and run with the G2X unless you have another reason to go with the 6PX or if someone can offer any other advice in this regards.

Up1911fan
05-30-13, 10:38
I carry a 200 lumen G2X Tactical on duty. It's going to be replaced with a Fury and will sit in my night stand next to my pistol (which also wears an X300). I also have a G2X in my car and in the girlfriends car. Great lights for the money.

Spurholder
05-30-13, 13:35
I have a G2X (200 lumen) that I use on my 6920 with a Gear Sector mount. Nice light, especially for the price.

Korgs130
06-04-13, 10:16
Nice light, especially for the price.

I have one as well. You can't go wrong with the G2X. The Fury is pretty sweet though.

Redbeardsong
06-06-13, 14:31
Is this for carry, or as a weapon light? The polymer G2X has the advantage in extreme heat, cold, or wet, because it will be easier/more comfortable to hold. If it's lighter (not sure) that's another benefit. The Defender models have strike bezels to use defensively.

I tend to prefer aluminum lights, but either the G2X or the 6PX is a great choice.
That being said, unless you need longer runtime, I'd say get the P2X Fury (500 lumens).

Tiny86
06-08-13, 14:14
You will be fine with either. I carry a G2x on duty and it is fine. I have the duel mode one. The only problem is that if you tap the tail cap while the light is on it will switch modes. Not a huge issue for me. But just so you know. Other then that it is a great light.
They are both good carry lights. Surefire puts right on the package of them that they are not rated for weapons use. That being said I have had a G2x tactical one a rifle for almost two years now and it runs like a top.