PDA

View Full Version : NEMO Arms TANGO 2

Tacti-square
05-30-13, 03:33
Remember the guys who made that ridiculous $100,000 Titanium AR-10? Checked up on their website just for fun and saw they had some new rifles for sale.
Apparently that's a hand-anodized finish; no two are the same. Is this appealing to anyone from a non-aesthetic standpoint, spec-wise?

http://nemoarms.com/portfolio/tango2/gallery/guns/

BH321
05-30-13, 04:31
Aesthetically speaking the tiger stripe anodizing looks pretty awesome. Spec wise the Timney Trigger is decent if not my personal choice, Troy Micro Sights are good, KNS pins are good if unnecessary, the NiB bolt carrier group is good only if they coated a mil-spec BCG, and it comes with a PMag. So uh yeah, definitely doesn't provide anything that properly speced DD, BCM, or Colt doesn't do better other than a pretty anodizing job.

Redbeardsong
05-30-13, 04:43
Not enough info on the web page about the specs for me. What barrel steel, twist rate, etc?

Judging from their choice of furniture ( hogue grip, choate stock, whatever that tube rail is) I'd guess the makers are not up to speed with the current trends and offerings in the AR world, which combined with their lack of certain build info, makes me wonder about their rifle.

markm
05-30-13, 08:27
Weren't these the hipsters with the 300 WM AR semi auto rifle???

That thing was sick, yo!

ScatmanCrothers
05-30-13, 08:50

That thing was sick, yo!

Side-charging, tiger striped 300WM that uses NEMO mags and comes with broad generalizations for specs. Can be read about in a popular AR magazine at publix this month as I found out yesterday.

It, along with the YHM "sandbox" rifle, are some of this year's most creative and well thought out offerings I was informed.

Littlelebowski
05-30-13, 08:57
It, along with the YHM "sandbox" rifle, are some of this year's most creative and well thought out offerings I was informed.

FML. I wish gun magazines would die already.

Littlelebowski
05-30-13, 08:59
What buttstock is that?

Otherwise, looks like a poorly configured, too expensive, silly rifle.

BH321
05-30-13, 09:01
What buttstock is that?

Otherwise, looks like a poorly configured, too expensive, silly rifle.

It's the company's own stock, the "NEMO Adjustable Buttstock Assembly With Battery Storage In Black".

Littlelebowski
05-30-13, 09:07
It's sad that Next Generation Arms is out of business and these guys are still in the business of cosmetics.

Wormydog1724
05-30-13, 09:13
Naming a company after a retarded fish with a wonky fin is enough for me to avoid it. I just don't get it anymore.

markm
05-30-13, 09:18
Naming a company after a retarded fish with a wonky fin is enough for me to avoid it. I just don't get it anymore.

It beats Little Mermaid Tactical.

Koshinn
05-30-13, 09:20

I'd rather have a half naked half fish girl on my lower receiver than a full fish.

markm
05-30-13, 09:25
That's true.

Skyyr
05-30-13, 09:31
I'd rather have a half naked half fish girl on my lower receiver than a full fish.

Until you happen to be the unlucky guy who gets the half-naked Mer-man model. That'll redefine "tip of the trident" warfare for ya.

Skyyr
05-30-13, 09:33
Aesthetically speaking the tiger stripe anodizing looks pretty awesome. Spec wise the Timney Trigger is decent if not my personal choice, Troy Micro Sights are good, KNS pins are good if unnecessary, the NiB bolt carrier group is good only if they coated a mil-spec BCG, and it comes with a PMag. So uh yeah, definitely doesn't provide anything that properly speced DD, BCM, or Colt doesn't do better other than a pretty anodizing job.

I logged in specifically to see this "awesome" tiger stripe anodizing job - that's now a minute of my life I'll never get back. This this wreaks of underwhelming imagination and failed execution.

BH321
05-30-13, 10:59
I logged in specifically to see this "awesome" tiger stripe anodizing job - that's now a minute of my life I'll never get back. This this wreaks of underwhelming imagination and failed execution.

Hey I like it, and yeah, awesome was not the word I should have used but I find it to be a cool effect. However, if they were going to do something like this they should have done the rail as well as it does look off without it.

Split66
05-30-13, 11:06

Get the @#$@# out of here. You Pm'd me 15 times to get you in on the Little Mermaid Tactical lower group buy over on TOS. Hell you get banned over there, pester the hell out of me to hook you up and then trash the product over here.

WTF broski?

markm
05-30-13, 11:08
Some things are private. :(

JonnyVain
05-30-13, 11:54

But does it?

ETA: Looks like they went to the clearance bin to get parts. My wife makes soup like that sometimes. Whatever food needs to be used up - goes in the pot. Surprise stew.

Nemo Rifle Surprise.

markm
05-30-13, 12:02
Well I agree... there's not one part on that gun I would want. NOT ONE.

But I was interested in their 300 WM auto loader. There were videos of that sucker running like a champ.

Redbeardsong
05-30-13, 12:41
It's the company's own stock, the "NEMO Adjustable Buttstock Assembly With Battery Storage In Black".

No, it's a Choate stock from years ago, just like the Hogue grip.

http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/16-01-06

Not much current about this NEMO rifle.

jared91
05-30-13, 16:43
I actually got to finger **** one. They have a weird bolt design with a spring in it "to reduce recoil". It is quite ugly, and some of the parts questionable, but overall fit and finish was surprisingly not bad. At his booth there were videos of it being shot out to 1200yds hitting torso sized targets repeatedly. Weight felt to be about 12lbs or so.

sent from my dishwasher

Ostdarva
05-30-13, 16:53
Looks really neat!
Do you have any more pictures?

BH321
05-30-13, 18:12
No, it's a Choate stock from years ago, just like the Hogue grip.

Not much current about this NEMO rifle.

In my defense, NEMO did call it the "NEMO Adjustable Buttstock Assembly With Battery Storage In Black" on their site. So either they licensed the design or someone is going to have to answer for that later. In any case, thanks for the correction.

wetidlerjr
05-30-13, 20:20
Well I agree... there's not one part on that gun I would want. NOT ONE.

But I was interested in their 300 WM auto loader. There were videos of that sucker running like a champ.

Are you sure it wasn't "running like a chimp"?

markm
05-31-13, 08:13
Are you sure it wasn't "running like a chimp"?

Never seen a chimp run so... I can't really say. ;)

slamd095
05-31-13, 09:20

That thing was sick, yo!

They have the worlds first all titanium rifle...followed by: "Product Description
Don't be intimidated by a cheap copy!"

http://store.nemoarms.com/ti1-worlds-first-titanium-ar-308/

All that can be yours for 91k.

Cheap bastards..should be asking for 200k easy. :D

MikeLima
05-31-13, 09:23
But does it?

ETA: Looks like they went to the clearance bin to get parts. My wife makes soup like that sometimes. Whatever food needs to be used up - goes in the pot. Surprise stew.

Nemo Rifle Surprise.

We call that "Hobo soup" around here :p I agree that it seems someone had some stuff laying around and threw it all together.

mrvco
05-31-13, 10:13
They made an AR out of (mostly) Titanium and didn't list a weight?

Noodles
05-31-13, 12:43
They made an AR out of (mostly) Titanium and didn't list a weight?

Because titanium is heavier than aluminum.

Blak1508
05-31-13, 19:51
So I should cancel my 25K preorder? And I was going to send it around the board for a test drive once it came in, starting with you Mark... Oh well guess ill just stick to my DD and BCM offerings. :D

Inuvik
05-31-13, 21:01
My buddy's dad recently purchased a .300 WM Nemo AR. I think he spent $5K on it not including the giant NF scope he put on it.

It was very soft shooting, and accurate. However, about 30% of rounds fired experienced stuck cases and/or pierced primers. The owner did not seem to think it that big of a deal, and in fact blamed the ammo. Never mind that it was factory Federal and was functioning great in the bolt guns we had on hand.

Its kind of fun to have friends who make these kind of mistakes.

Atg336
05-31-13, 21:03
NOT finding Nemo!

Enough garbage ambiguous marketing already!

The AR world is due for a good clean up.:mad:

slamd095
05-31-13, 22:47
NOT finding Nemo!

Enough garbage ambiguous marketing already!

The AR world is due for a good clean up.:mad:

agreed.. there are a few that should go away along with their patented crap. Im not saying it is all bad, but really...who in the hell is going to buy a 100k gun and take that thing to the range? I would be fearful that the shine would wear off, or that someone would look at it cross eyed. I mean that would be just the bomb in Iraq or Iran. Imagine all the bad guys that one shiney rifle could take on! You would be invincible!

please note...lots of sarcasm.

Bsalms
06-11-13, 12:52
I can tell you that not only does the line of Nemo Arms AR's exceed the "Spec" limits of this line of firearms they are one of the best made on the market. The "Ti-One" AR-10 was merely a "challenge" to manufacturing and provide a unique piece of hardware in the AR line of firearms that has never been done before. As you can see, Nemo Arms has gone above and beyond when it comes to making precision rifles with the first ever 300 Win Mag with long range accuracy and durability. I know from personal experience not only from using but from a manufacturing stand point that these line of firearms are everything and more to what Nemo Arms is stating about them.

To answer you question about the custom anodizing, I know for a fact that every single one of these are hand done and that no one matched set is a-like. The upper and lower get done at the same time so they match each-other however the next one is only at the mercy of the artistic hand of the person doing the anodizing.

As for the name of the company, well NO it is not the name of a fish from a movie for "children" people, get a clue my fellow Americans, why would that even cross your mind? The name in the acronym from the phrase you can see on the logo "New Evolution Military Ordnance"

What is boils down to ladies and gentlemen is there are many AR's on the market, and you get what you pay for, if you want a loose or less reliable firearm that is your choice, otherwise don't mock something that you apparently have no idea what you are talking about until you have grounds to base your information on.

Littlelebowski
06-11-13, 12:55
I can tell you that not only does the line of Nemo Arms AR's exceed the "Spec" limits of this line of firearms they are one of the best made on the market. The "Ti-One" AR-10 was merely a "challenge" to manufacturing and provide a unique piece of hardware in the AR line of firearms that has never been done before. As you can see, Nemo Arms has gone above and beyond when it comes to making precision rifles with the first ever 300 Win Mag with long range accuracy and durability. I know from personal experience not only from using but from a manufacturing stand point that these line of firearms are everything and more to what Nemo Arms is stating about them.

To answer you question about the custom anodizing, I know for a fact that every single one of these are hand done and that no one matched set is a-like. The upper and lower get done at the same time so they match each-other however the next one is only at the mercy of the artistic hand of the person doing the anodizing.

As for the name of the company, well NO it is not the name of a fish from a movie for "children" people, get a clue my fellow Americans, why would that even cross your mind? The name in the acronym from the phrase you can see on the logo "New Evolution Military Ordnance"

What is boils down to ladies and gentlemen is there are many AR's on the market, and you get what you pay for, if you want a loose or less reliable firearm that is your choice, otherwise don't mock something that you apparently have no idea what you are talking about until you have grounds to base your information on.

I believe this forum has a rule about manufacturer disclosure.

Bsalms
06-11-13, 13:02

I am NOT the manufacturer for Nemo, I just have a lot of background information about this product, I call it hands on research.

SilverBullet432
06-11-13, 13:10
Cmon guys , these are just rich peoples toys and conversation pieces here.

Noodles
06-11-13, 13:12
I am NOT the manufacturer for Nemo, I just have a lot of background information about this product, I call it hands on research.

Yea, a buddy that hangs out in their shop and posts on behalf of a mfg, is pretty much a shill as well. You didn't even do it well, look at your post, sure reads like it came from Nemo.

Seriously, that AR in the first post is EXACTLY what I would build in bizarro world.

Bsalms
06-11-13, 13:17
Yea, a buddy that hangs out in their shop and posts on behalf of a mfg, is pretty much a shill as well. You didn't even do it well, look at your post, sure reads like it came from Nemo.

Seriously, that AR in the first post is EXACTLY what I would build in bizarro world.

I just like to bring clear to what is fact, nothing more. I do not hang out there, wish I could that would be awesome. I have experience and background with many other AR's on the market but those are not being ridiculed because of price. And by the way I talk that way about any product that I firmly believe in.

markm
06-11-13, 13:19
Enough of the crap, boys. The rifle stands on its own. Not many of this type of gun would sell to guys on this site anyway. No point in bickering about the thing.

ScatmanCrothers
06-11-13, 13:28
So they aren't named after the fish? I'll be damned.

40Arpent
06-11-13, 13:40
I just like to bring clear to what is fact, nothing more.

How are we to believe what you say is factual? Can you elaborate on your real-world, firsthand experience with these weapons?

Or are you merely passing on what a buddy of yours in the company passed along to you, which is no better than the bashing going on here.

Trajan
06-11-13, 14:00
.300WM AR is interesting. I wonder if/when KAC will make one.

nolt
06-11-13, 14:30
....looks like their first rifle was called the 'OMEN'
(NEMO spelled backwards.)

Littlelebowski
06-12-13, 18:43
Enough of the crap, boys. The rifle stands on its own. Not many of this type of gun would sell to guys on this site anyway. No point in bickering about the thing.

I don't even know you anymore :(

SeriousStudent
06-12-13, 20:16

This is absolutely true.

https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Bsalms, if you have any association with these folks and you don't disclose it after having the rules pointed out, or have lied about it, your tenure here will be exceedingly brief.

Your IP address comes back to a location that is about a 30 minute drive from Kalispell where NEMO is located.

This AR may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But if you have ANYTHING to do with the company, come clean now. This is the only warning you and this company will receive.

Astroturfing is strictly forbidden here.

Blak1508
06-12-13, 20:17
.. The KOOL-aid is just about finished. You get what you pay for lol... Ill take my DDV1 over that Unicorn any day. It's proven itself to me and I did not need to take out a second mortgage to fund it

Bsalms
06-12-13, 22:46
This is absolutely true.

https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Bsalms, if you have any association with these folks and you don't disclose it after having the rules pointed out, or have lied about it, your tenure here will be exceedingly brief.

Your IP address comes back to a location that is about a 30 minute drive from Kalispell where NEMO is located.

This AR may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But if you have ANYTHING to do with the company, come clean now. This is the only warning you and this company will receive.

Astroturfing is strictly forbidden here.

I do live close the location where Nemo's office is which is how I know so much about what I am talking about. After reviewing the posting rules again to confirm you are referring to item 5

"Industry Disclosure – If you are an industry manufacturer/dealer or employed by one you must disclose this relationship through your screen name or signature line. Anonymous industry trolling will not be allowed."

I am not a manufacturer/dealer or employed in anyway to Nemo, I am currently unemployed. I have great admiration for local manufacturers that offer such great products to the market and don't like to see other such comments based merely on assumptions of the unknown. I see the rules also talk about "Derogatory Remarks", in relation to the comments I was merely commenting to, were simply to clear the air on the unknown based on what I do know about those comments. If you feel the need to remove me from the forum, please feel free to do so. My understanding is that is a location to discuss "facts" or bring up "questions regarding the unknown".

SeriousStudent
06-12-13, 23:12
Fair enough.

A thread is started about a new AR maker no one has heard of. A few days later you register here, and your only three posts are about said maker. And you speak quite highly of them. And you live close by.

It's called reasonable doubt.

And I am really, really familiar with the purpose of this forum. You may safely assume in the future that you do not need to instruct me in that area.

Tacti-square
06-13-13, 01:30
Some of you guys come across as incredibly cynical and paranoid.

Moose-Knuckle
06-13-13, 02:36
What buttstock is that?

Its a Choate Machine & Tool Inc. AR stock that has been on the market for several years now.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/choatearstock_zpsff415060.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/choatearstock_zpsff415060.jpg.html)

Littlelebowski
06-13-13, 06:22

No, we don't see the value in an over priced, AR with no measurable performance gain for its high price and mediocre parts. We've also seen countless astroturfing attempts by manufacturers on here. It's more than reasonable to suspect astroturfing given the guy's unabashed worship of the weapon and the company and his physical proximity to the company.

Corse
06-13-13, 08:29
Did anyone even see a price on this thing? Maybe it's only $800-$900. :rolleyes:

Deaj
06-13-13, 12:25
Did anyone even see a price on this thing? Maybe it's only $800-$900. :rolleyes:

They want $800 for a stripped upper/lower receiver set!?! :blink:

3 AE
06-13-13, 19:30

I don't think this NEMO offering can hold a candle to my well sought after .338 Lapua AR. Just saying. :nono:

Tacti-square
06-13-13, 19:40
I don't think this NEMO offering can hold a candle to my well sought after .338 Lapua AR. Just saying. :nono:

My comment was actually in reference to everyone accusing someone of sleeping with the manufacturer. How's your Bad News treatin ya??

SeriousStudent
06-13-13, 19:50
Tacti-Square, you are welcome to dial back your rhetoric and check your PM's.

We are done here.