PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor for Ruger SR22

CobraBG
05-30-13, 17:19
I just got a Ruger SR22 PBT with the threaded barrel and I'm interested in getting a suppressor for it. I don't know anything about them and was hoping that someone has done this combo and could offer some guidance. What do I need to know and where do I start with selection?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

Airborne Infantryman
05-30-13, 17:37
I just got a Ruger SR22 PBT with the threaded barrel and I'm interested in getting a suppressor for it. I don't know anything about them and was hoping that someone has done this combo and could offer some guidance. What do I need to know and where do I start with selection?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

This link should cover what you need to know to get the process started-

http://www.silencerresearch.com/Silencerguide.pdf

If you do it as an individual, and your wife/mother/brother/son has access to your safe, you're setting yourself up for some legal trouble, or so I've been told by the ATF when I asked them what to do with my SBR on an individual Form 1 while I was deployed.

I have a Ruger SR22 w/ threaded barrel, and I like it. I have a Huntertown Arms Kestrel 22, and while its not a "nice" as the Silencerco Sparrow (pretty much the benchmark right now as far as .22LR suppressors go), its just as quiet, and the first-round pop isn't as bad as the Sparrow..........I would've gotten the Sparrow if my dealer had it instock, however, I didn't want to wait, so I went with the next best thing he had, which was the HTA Kestrel 22, and I've yet to be disappointed with it.

The SR22 is quiet, and its accurate. The trigger is nowhere near as good as my Ruger 22/45 with Volquartsen trigger kit, but its serviceable in single action.

No matter what you do, make sure the .22 can you get is user-serviceable. Trust me on this. Also make sure it has sort of a system to keep the build-up from "welding" the core to the outer tube.

My Kestrel's baffles stack, and lock into each other, which creates a seal from the outer can. Cleaning is super-easy, as the baffles are stainless steel.

A few pic of my setup-

http://i43.tinypic.com/es3pn4.jpg

CobraBG
05-31-13, 08:58
Thanks for your reply, great picture and good information. Thank you for the link. I had not thought of private individual vs. a trust or corporation. I'll have to look into that. You mention the "first round pop", what is this?

mr h
06-30-14, 15:21
AI, how does the set up cycle with sub sonic ammo? what flavors?

This link should cover what you need to know to get the process started-

http://www.silencerresearch.com/Silencerguide.pdf

If you do it as an individual, and your wife/mother/brother/son has access to your safe, you're setting yourself up for some legal trouble, or so I've been told by the ATF when I asked them what to do with my SBR on an individual Form 1 while I was deployed.

I have a Ruger SR22 w/ threaded barrel, and I like it. I have a Huntertown Arms Kestrel 22, and while its not a "nice" as the Silencerco Sparrow (pretty much the benchmark right now as far as .22LR suppressors go), its just as quiet, and the first-round pop isn't as bad as the Sparrow..........I would've gotten the Sparrow if my dealer had it instock, however, I didn't want to wait, so I went with the next best thing he had, which was the HTA Kestrel 22, and I've yet to be disappointed with it.

The SR22 is quiet, and its accurate. The trigger is nowhere near as good as my Ruger 22/45 with Volquartsen trigger kit, but its serviceable in single action.

No matter what you do, make sure the .22 can you get is user-serviceable. Trust me on this. Also make sure it has sort of a system to keep the build-up from "welding" the core to the outer tube.

My Kestrel's baffles stack, and lock into each other, which creates a seal from the outer can. Cleaning is super-easy, as the baffles are stainless steel.

A few pic of my setup-

http://i43.tinypic.com/es3pn4.jpg