PDA

View Full Version : Anyone modify the rear of their Glock frame?

EzGoingKev
05-30-13, 19:17
Up at the top where it contacts the meat of your hand in between your thumb and trigger finger?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3Z4ZTC3335E/UafixKncC1I/AAAAAAAAFuk/q1df3cF8i0s/s800/image.jpg

I find this to be a little uncomfortable and wonder if anyone has reduced the curve some and if so what did you think?

Rattlehead
05-30-13, 19:19
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7287/8738110737_74119ae4f1_b.jpg
Yep, so do others.

EzGoingKev
05-30-13, 19:23
Is that your pistol? If so could you post a straight shot of the rear (like the pic in my post) so I can see exactly what was done?

Rattlehead
05-30-13, 19:28
Is that your pistol? If so could you post a straight shot of the rear (like the pic in my post) so I can see exactly what was done?

Unfortunately no, it's one that I worked on.

All that is done is it is reduced and rounded/re-contoured.

WhiskyNiner
05-31-13, 10:24
I modified mine. It was hitting the bone at the base of the thumb and drawing blood. I just ran some sandpaper over where the contact point was until it no longer did that.

Pretty much just like the photo above, but only on the left side of the frame. Tip: Take the slide off first.

karlglen101
05-31-13, 16:21
I'm in the process of stippling my G19, which is also my first ever stipple. I have large hands and still find that it sits uncomfortably so, especially in comparison to my 1911's. I've taken the dremel to the rear area and reduced the material inward on both sides and straight off the back. Probably almost a 1/4" or so. I have not done the stippling yet, but as is - it is so much more comfortable and points much more naturally. I'll grab a shot or two tonight when I can.

snakedoctor
05-31-13, 17:45
If you don't want to "modify" your frame, you could always use a GripForce adapter. I had the same problem with my Gen3 G19 and it solved the problem.

EzGoingKev
05-31-13, 17:48
I do not have large hands and with the Grip Force Adapter installed I cannot work the magazine release.

SeriousStudent
05-31-13, 19:57
I do not have large hands and with the Grip Force Adapter installed I cannot work the magazine release.

Same here - I have wee stubby digits as well. I use a Grip Force Adapter, but also switched all my Glocks to a Vickers Tactical mag release. It solved that problem for me.

It's not an expensive thing to try, either. Might be worth a shot if you can borrow one from a buddy.

I'm only using Gen3 Glocks at the moment, not sure if that makes any difference. Not knocking the Gen4's, I just have plenty of Gen3's.

EzGoingKev
05-31-13, 20:01
I am already using the Vickers mag release and it is still a no go.

I think if I had a Gen4 with the wider mag release I could use them but I am in MA and getting a Gen4 is a PIA.

I am really interested in seeing some pics of modified frames so I can get an idea of how much people are removing and how they are re-shaping.