PDA

View Full Version : Kindergartner with cap gun at school questioned for 2 hours before parents called

feedramp
05-31-13, 08:06
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/cowboy-style-cap-gun-gets-5-year-old-ousted-from-school-in-calvert-county/2013/05/30/a3a8a178-c93c-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

A kindergartner who brought a cowboy-style cap gun onto his Calvert County school bus was suspended for 10 days after showing a friend the orange-tipped toy, which he had tucked inside his backpack on his way to school, according to his family and a lawyer.

The child was questioned for more than two hours before his mother was called, she said, adding that he uncharacteristically wet his pants during the episode. The boy is 5 — “all bugs and frogs and cowboys,” his mother said.

“I have no problem that he had a consequence to his behavior,” said the mother, who asked that her name be withheld to protect her son’s privacy.

“What I have a problem with is the severity,” she said, and the way it was handled.

Grand58742
05-31-13, 08:13
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/cowboy-style-cap-gun-gets-5-year-old-ousted-from-school-in-calvert-county/2013/05/30/a3a8a178-c93c-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

Unfortunately, the school system will not end up holding those responsible like they should. With In Loco Parentis the school can question all day long and get away with it and the parents cannot stop them.

The more I read about public schools, the more I think home schooling and private institutions are the way to go.

RWK
05-31-13, 08:52
With In Loco Parentis the school can question all day long and get away with it and the parents cannot stop them.

Not exactly. In loco parentis refers to the concept of a person or organization (school) having a legal responsibility to take on some of the responsibilities of a parent with regards to requiring them to act in the best interests of a child under their care. It does not replace the parents. Where the problem comes in of course, is when school administrators think it does allow them to replace the parents. It also doesn't shield them from lawsuits when they overreach...

This was the crown jewel from the article: "The mother said the principal told her that if the cap gun had been loaded with caps, it would have been deemed an explosive and police would have been called in".

Sensei
05-31-13, 08:54
The mother said the principal told her that if the cap gun had been loaded with caps, it would have been deemed an explosive and police would have been called in.

:rolleyes:

This is what happens when the school systems and DMV draw from the same pool of potential employees.

Scoby
05-31-13, 09:42

This is what happens when the school systems and DMV draw from the same pool of potential employees.

Exactly

Grand58742
05-31-13, 10:20
Not exactly. In loco parentis refers to the concept of a person or organization (school) having a legal responsibility to take on some of the responsibilities of a parent with regards to requiring them to act in the best interests of a child under their care. It does not replace the parents. Where the problem comes in of course, is when school administrators think it does allow them to replace the parents. It also doesn't shield them from lawsuits when they overreach...

Unfortunately, the liberal education system will consider "educating the child as to the inherent dangers of firearms" to be "in the best interests of the child" and will probably have their lawyer screaming that in court. I personally don't see a lawsuit going that far with everything that's happened in the last year. Demonizing firearms and brainwashing the kids is the norm these days and the area this happened in is not exactly conservative in nature.

I just don't trust public education in general least of all in places like MD or around the Washington area.

Brimstone
05-31-13, 10:48
This was the crown jewel from the article: "The mother said the principal told her that if the cap gun had been loaded with caps, it would have been deemed an explosive and police would have been called in".

I believe that the police would probably have been called anyway after I had finished discussing the two hour questioning of my five year old with that principal.

markm
05-31-13, 11:30

Affirmative action hires for the Mo Fo WIN! :suicide2:

Honu
05-31-13, 11:36

the ones who could not score high enough to work at walmart maybe ?

SteyrAUG
05-31-13, 14:00
ASSHOLES!

Reminds me of the little kid who got jammed up on sexual assault charges because he kissed a girl in his class.

You just can't do shit like this to little kids, it will **** them up permanently. I can't believe they scared this kid to the point he pissed his pants.

If this were done to a son of mine at that I'd, I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail for kicking somebodies ass over the way they treated my son over a cap gun.

I can't believe we've actually gotten here.

SteyrAUG
05-31-13, 14:01
I believe that the police would probably have been called anyway after I had finished discussing the two hour questioning of my five year old with that principal.

Yep, I wouldn't be letting him go until he had pissed his pants.

markm
05-31-13, 14:17
Hard to try to get a kid to show respect for "authority" when we allow ****ing retards to occupy these positions. :rolleyes:

THCDDM4
05-31-13, 14:29
Hard to try to get a kid to show respect for "authority" when we allow ****ing retards to occupy these positions. :rolleyes:

^This X's a million.

I cannot believe these kids are getting screwed with so much for things that were common in my child years.

This is yet another in a long and disgraceful line of examples of why you shouldn't put your kids through the Government indoctrination system- whoops- I mean public school system.

They made the kid piss hiss pants?!?!?!?!

So a cap gun is a terrible thing that requires discipline- but treating a child in a manner that would cause fear induced urination is acceptable?

What has this country come to- seriously?

I don't have the words to emote my disgust with cases such as this.

:mad:

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-13, 18:38
So how many people did he mow down? :suicide:

SteyrAUG
05-31-13, 18:42
^This X's a million.

I cannot believe these kids are getting screwed with so much for things that were common in my child years.

This is yet another in a long and disgraceful line of examples of why you shouldn't put your kids through the Government indoctrination system- whoops- I mean public school system.

They made the kid piss hiss pants?!?!?!?!

So a cap gun is a terrible thing that requires discipline- but treating a child in a manner that would cause fear induced urination is acceptable?

What has this country come to- seriously?

I don't have the words to emote my disgust with cases such as this.

:mad:

Students aren't the only "bullies" in school.