PDA

View Full Version : Il Carry Conceal bill on floor for vote now.

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 14:11
HB 183 A 5 is on the IL senate floor right now for Vote...

http://new.livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/2136983

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 15:06
Senator Forby closes and then we vote.

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 15:12
45 yes 12 no. Passed

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 16:04
The IL House is about to vote on concurrence on this bill.

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 16:21
90 to 27, one voter pressed wrong button. It passed. Carry concealed in Illinois moves to Governor's desk for approval.

http://chicagogunsmith.com/CC-YES.png

AlphaKoncepts
05-31-13, 16:30
Re Ascevedo changes his vote to present, back down to 89.

TeamGrazzi
05-31-13, 20:31
this bill is complete garbage!! I hope Gov Quinn finally does something right and doesn't sign the damn thing.

ryr8828
05-31-13, 20:38
this bill is complete garbage!! I hope Gov Quinn finally does something right and doesn't sign the damn thing.
What are your problems with it?

TeamGrazzi
05-31-13, 20:59
Special exemptions and permission for Chicago allowing them to deny a CCP holder to carry in the city.
You can basically carry at the grocery store (providing they allow it) and that is about it.
No longer able to carry on public transportation, where it is needed most.
Looks like they took out the responsibility if a business doesn't allow you to carry and something happens.
They changed the training requirement for Military.
They raised the price by $50.

This is just after a quick look I am sure there is more.

Steve70
05-31-13, 21:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFLj9n-o98Q

:)

gunrunner505
05-31-13, 22:42
does anyone have a link to the actual text of this bill? when i search for HB 183 all i get is 4 pages about electronic transfer terminals....

ryr8828
06-01-13, 06:22
does anyone have a link to the actual text of this bill? when i search for HB 183 all i get is 4 pages about electronic transfer terminals....
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/HB/PDF/09800HB0183sam005.pdf

ryr8828
06-01-13, 07:01
Special exemptions and permission for Chicago allowing them to deny a CCP holder to carry in the city.
You can basically carry at the grocery store (providing they allow it) and that is about it.
No longer able to carry on public transportation, where it is needed most.
Looks like they took out the responsibility if a business doesn't allow you to carry and something happens.
They changed the training requirement for Military.
They raised the price by $50.

This is just after a quick look I am sure there is more.

I think you need to read the bill again. I think your point about Chicago is invalid.
This bill invalidates CFP for CCW license holders in Chicago in regards to handguns.
Military get 8 hrs. credit toward the 16 hour mandated training.

(i) The Department shall accept 8 hours of training as
completed toward the 16 hour training requirement under this
Section, if the applicant is an active, retired, or honorably
discharged member of the United States Armed Forces

Maybe you mean that military should get a free ride with no training?
If so it's probably best that I keep my thoughts to myself on that matter.

All of the parts of the bill that I don't like can be directly traced to Chicago politicians fighting this tooth and nail. Downstate pushed this bill and got all they could. I can sum up my thoughts about chicago best by copy pasting a post I made on ILcarry the other day after we were inundated with new posters bitching about the public transit deal.

If not for downstate legislators we would have no chance for any carry bill,and would also have a semi auto ban, a mag capacity ban, and no telling what number of limits on our constitutional freedom.

Now Chicago people are screaming because downstate legislators have "caved" on public transit.

I would suggest that Chicagoans spend their time trying to elect people who would protect their rights instead of infringe them, and not spend their time throwing blame at the downstate legislators who are trying to protect their rights best as they can.

You elect these people so either do something about it or live with it. Those of us in the rest of the state have been having to live with it for a long time because of Chicago.

gunrunner505
06-01-13, 12:11
If I read this correctly, the Cook County AWB just got voided?

Not happy with the laundry list if places you can't carry but for Illinois, this is at least a start.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

ryr8828
06-01-13, 12:29
If I read this correctly, the Cook County AWB just got voided?

Not happy with the laundry list if places you can't carry but for Illinois, this is at least a start.

No, just regulations in regards to pistols if you have a carry permit.

The old bill that the senate wouldn't let come to a vote would have voided the chicago awb.

gunrunner505
06-01-13, 12:59
No, just regulations in regards to pistols if you have a carry permit.

The old bill that the senate wouldn't let come to a vote would have voided the chicago awb.

Right. The deal was Chicago can keep theirs but I think the cook county one goes away no?

TeamGrazzi
06-02-13, 05:36
I think you need to read the bill again. I think your point about Chicago is invalid.
This bill invalidates CFP for CCW license holders in Chicago in regards to handguns.
Military get 8 hrs. credit toward the 16 hour mandated training.

Maybe you mean that military should get a free ride with no training?
If so it's probably best that I keep my thoughts to myself on that matter.

All of the parts of the bill that I don't like can be directly traced to Chicago politicians fighting this tooth and nail. Downstate pushed this bill and got all they could. I can sum up my thoughts about chicago best by copy pasting a post I made on ILcarry the other day after we were inundated with new posters bitching about the public transit deal.

According to the bill Section 1-20 it states that a license is not valid in the city of Chicago unless you get a special endorsement from the City of Chicago. Therefore if the Superintendent doesn't grant you this endorsement you may still have a CCP to carry in IL, but not be allowed to carry in the city of Chicago.

HB997 had Soldiers with a Combat arms MOS only needing to do the range portion of the "training" so yes I think that Combat arms MOS's should in your words "get a free ride with no training" as we get a lot of training through the military already.

If you are okay with the no public transportation deal then you must not ever go to Chicago then, because for those of us who venture in and use public transportation or live in Chicago and use it know that that is one of place it is REALLY needed!

I also don't understand how it is legal for Maddigan (think that is how it is spelled) to just not allow a bill (HB997) to go up for a vote. He specifically blocked the bill from coming to the floor for a vote.

ryr8828
06-02-13, 11:27
According to the bill Section 1-20 it states that a license is not valid in the city of Chicago unless you get a special endorsement from the City of Chicago. Therefore if the Superintendent doesn't grant you this endorsement you may still have a CCP to carry in IL, but not be allowed to carry in the city of Chicago.

HB997 had Soldiers with a Combat arms MOS only needing to do the range portion of the "training" so yes I think that Combat arms MOS's should in your words "get a free ride with no training" as we get a lot of training through the military already.

If you are okay with the no public transportation deal then you must not ever go to Chicago then, because for those of us who venture in and use public transportation or live in Chicago and use it know that that is one of place it is REALLY needed!

I also don't understand how it is legal for Maddigan (think that is how it is spelled) to just not allow a bill (HB997) to go up for a vote. He specifically blocked the bill from coming to the floor for a vote.

You're looking at the wrong bill.

TeamGrazzi
06-02-13, 18:18
How am I reading the wrong bill? Which part are you referring to as me reading the wrong bill?

ryr8828
06-02-13, 19:14
How am I reading the wrong bill? Which part are you referring to as me reading the wrong bill?
This is the bill.

TeamGrazzi
06-02-13, 19:59
Not sure what my phone was pulling up, but that is the bill I was looking at. Maybe it wasn't switching from amend 1 to amend 5 when pulling up the PDF version. However, that only invalidates the first part about Chicago not the rest of it.

I really wish they would give Correctional officers the same carry rights as LEO and Parole. Although that is more of my director being a douche not the state.

thebarracuda
06-02-13, 23:09
I read an article in the Chicommie Tribune that said the bill was trying to "avoid" a patchwork of home rule regs. This makes me nervous. How successful was/will this bill be in avoiding it? I haven't read the last version of the bill yet, but I don't speak lawyerese so I would worry about my interpretation. Whats the word?

ryr8828
06-04-13, 08:18
AG Lisa Madigan has asked the 7th circuit for a 30 day extension to give Quinn more time to look at the bill.

What a bunch of bullshit.

gunrunner505
06-04-13, 08:41
AG Lisa Madigan has asked the 7th circuit for a 30 day extension to give Quinn more time to look at the bill.

Do we think the courts will grant it? They were given 6 months to craft a law and spent most of it bickering among themselves like 5 year olds. They had more than enough time. They can go pound sand.

dp13
06-04-13, 09:49
Do we think the courts will grant it? They were given 6 months to craft a law and spent most of it bickering among themselves like 5 year olds. They had more than enough time. They can go pound sand.

Come on man you are probably born and raised here like me. The gangster machine has it's ways. I stopped reading the law after the home rule exemption garbage.

I'm betting there is going to be zero reciprocity.

I hope I'm wrong.

Ledanek
06-04-13, 17:29
it was granted another 30 days, July something.

I posted this in various IL-FB organization, so I'll leave it here too:

If you start with a cage containing five monkeys and inside the
cage, hang a banana on a string from the top and then you place a set
of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs
and climb toward the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray all the other monkeys
with cold water.

After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result
... all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon
when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will
try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away.

Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one.

The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the
stairs. To his shock, all of the other monkeys beat the crap out of him.
After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the
stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it
with a new one.

The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous
newcomer takes part in the punishment...... with enthusiasm, because
he is now part of the "team".

Then, replace a third original monkey with a new one, followed by
the fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the
stairs, he is attacked.

Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they
were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they
are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the
remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water.
Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for
the banana.

Why, you ask? Because in their minds...that is the way it has
always been!

This, my friends, is how Parliament/Senate/Congress operates... and this is why,
from time to time:

ALL of the monkeys need to be REPLACED AT THE SAME TIME

SeriousStudent
06-04-13, 18:53

They need to pass it, before they can know what's in it. Just like Obamacare. :D

Tough cookies, Gov. Sign the bill.

gunrunner505
06-04-13, 19:12
Say goodbye to carry in Illinois. How we went from court mandated shall issue to this, Illinois is as crooked as they come.

DoorSlammer
06-04-13, 19:15
it was granted another 30 days, July something.

Illinois sucker here, and first time poster. Where did you hear the extension was given? I've been unable to find it.

As an aside, the political situation in this state is untenable! Huge financial problems and nothing is accomplished in legislature but this ccw bill, and only due to the time limit! Frustrating to say the least. And imagine my surprise when I found myself rooting for Madigan's bill this past week.

gunrunner505
06-04-13, 19:26
Illinois sucker here, and first time poster. Where did you hear the extension was given? I've been unable to find it.

As an aside, the political situation in this state is untenable! Huge financial problems and nothing is accomplished in legislature but this ccw bill, and only due to the time limit! Frustrating to say the least. And imagine my surprise when I found myself rooting for Madigan's bill this past week.

We have absolute children in office. Madigan and Cullerton are literally 2 little 3 year olds fighting over a piece of candy. These guys are shining examples of people who obtain office for their benefit and have zero interest in doing the public work.

You ain't seen crooked till you've seen a Chicago machine democrat in action.

Ledanek
06-04-13, 21:00
Was posted at Illinois 2nd Amendment Mom Facebook.
Granted stay till July 9th

DoorSlammer
06-04-13, 21:26
The federal court should not play politics with Chicago. The state has had 6 months and should be held to it, although I'm sure constitutional carry would have brought many disjointed restrictions across the state.

After the bill is signed, the state will continue procrastinating.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-05-13, 09:29
I don't see where municipalities can limit it further? Section 90 (like page 37 or so) says that Home Rule doesn't apply and that the municipalities can't add to the law and the new law supersedes all previous CCW laws?

All the usual stupid stuff about schools, public transport, parks, bars and festivals. We have none of those (except schools) here in Colorado and it never is an issue. Makes it kind of useless in Chicago. Actually screws the 'poor' since they are more likely to rely on public transport.

Do I see that CCW will be OK on college campuses?

jmoore
06-05-13, 13:32
Do I see that CCW will be OK on college campuses?

Moot point, as the colleges/universities can pass their own restrictions. The college I teach at has already passed restrictions in response to the upcoming CCW legislation.

John

dp13
06-05-13, 13:51
**outdated info**

DoorSlammer
06-05-13, 14:08
This home rule exemption and "endorsement" needs to be fought in federal court. Madigan's bill erased the ability for home rule to restrict what the state allowed. That's of course the reason it was a non starter in the senate.

The passed bill allows the creation of a patchwork map across the state which will ultimately harm the law abiding.

ryr8828
06-05-13, 17:40
There is no home rule exemption for handguns. I'm really tired of repeating this.
Go to amendment 5, it says it supersedes all previous text.

Kwame Raoul's bill got written over, people keep reading the wrong amendments.

If people insist on posting erroneous information there's nothing I can do about it, just know that it's wrong.

TeamGrazzi
06-05-13, 20:42
When ever I would look at it on my phone (which was 90% of the time) when you would click on view the PDF it only brought up Amendment one even if you had selected Amendment five. This is where my confusion first came in, I thought I was looking at A5 when in fact it was A1!

dp13
06-05-13, 21:56
There is no home rule exemption for handguns. I'm really tired of repeating this.

If people insist on posting erroneous information there's nothing I can do about it, just know that it's wrong.

Ok, then post the latest version of that section and stop disparaging other who are trying to help.

DoorSlammer
06-05-13, 22:00
My concern is the endorsement requirement. I was led to understand that was in addition to a ccw permit for Chicago. If you can't get the endorsement you can't carry regardless of your ccw.

AlphaKoncepts
06-06-13, 07:06

If people insist on posting erroneous information there's nothing I can do about it, just know that it's wrong.Everyone is reading 183 SA2, which was a very bad bill. 183 SA5 & SA6 are the real bills.

I will see if I can pull up the bill after amendments on the ILGA website, this will have the SA1-4 completely removed because SA5 voided those amendments.

AlphaKoncepts
06-06-13, 07:09
BY THE WAY

If you are in Illinois start checking your local town or village website for upcoming town hall meetings. The rumor for this 30 days extension is so home rule communities can push through AWB's. Deefield IL and possibly Highland Park IL will be trying to push through AWB ordinances.

The anti gun reps are pushing their home rule communities to enact AWB ordinances. if you are not already a member of the ISRA mailing list, join up. They will be sneding out notices as these events happen. it is not unusual to have 200+ pro gunners in attendance. We've successfully shut down similar type meetings in the past.

ryr8828
06-06-13, 07:17

AlphaKoncepts
06-06-13, 07:58
http://ilga.gov/legislation/98/HB/09800HB0183sam005.htm

LOl Jynx, you beat me to it. I had to check the ISRA mailings to find it.

dp13
06-06-13, 10:08

Thanks, here is the updated section.

Section 90. Preemption.
The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and
transportation of concealed handguns and ammunition for
concealed handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and
functions of the State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion
thereof, enacted on or before the effective date of this Act
that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on
licensees or concealed handguns and ammunition for concealed
handguns in a manner inconsistent with this Act shall be
invalid in its application to licensees under this Act on the
effective date of this Act. This Section is a denial and
limitation of home rule powers and functions under subsection
(h) of Section 6 of Article VII of the Illinois Constitution.

DoorSlammer
06-06-13, 11:51
Thank you.

DoorSlammer
06-06-13, 19:47
Deleted due to uncertainty of source info. Sorry!

TeamGrazzi
06-07-13, 14:39
I have a question about the constitutional carry... Does anyone have an actual definition, as to what the rule will mean. I can't seem to find a clear definition of what it all will mean if these idiots can't get their act together.

AlphaKoncepts
06-10-13, 11:57
The constitutional clear rule is very simple, there will be a patch work of ordinances all in the home rule communities possible up to 220 (I think) separate carry laws for various towns, counties, etc...

I really can't give you an exact law as there is a lack of a law, and plus I am not a lawyer. If a state law isn't put into place by, now July 8th, we will revert to FOID carry. My laymans interpretation of this law is that open and concealed carry will be allowed in all communities in IL, which do not put into place an ordinance stating otherwise.

Cook County has passed a back up ordinance already requiring 40 hours of training $300 fee, may issue, etc... VERY bad ordinance. Madison County on the other hand has done the opposite and said ALREADY "if you are legal to own a gun, you are legal to carry concealed in Madison county". While we are on the subject of Madison county, the Illinois state police said not so fast, we will still enforce the no carry law.

So you see how constitutional/FOID carry would be a nightmare for law abiding citizens to remain law abiding. Lots of laws will be broken simply on accident.

Ledanek
06-10-13, 21:15
I recently sent a letter to the mayor of Bolingbrook, IL, where I reside.
Hoping members would do the same, where they reside.

To the Mayor of Bolingbrook.

Wishing good health upon you as I send this urgent matter.

I recently received a newsletter Lt Gov. Sheila Simon, which states:

"Concealed carry: The fate of House Bill 183, which allows for concealed carry in Illinois, is still unsettled with the possibility of a veto and a special session. One problem with the bill is that it will prevent home rule communities from adopting assault weapons bans. Regardless of the direction taken in Springfield, I am encouraging local leaders to protect their local control and consider assault weapons bans prior to July 9, the new court-ordered deadline for the concealed carry law. Stay tuned for more action on this issue."

I highly request, that any part of the Gov't, be State or Local, do not impede towards the Right of its citizen to practice their Second Amendment, specially, in regards to House Bill 183. We respect local businesses, who wishes, to reserve their rights, to choose, which customers to choose to service to. We will gladly, take our business somewhere, perhaps a neighbor city such as Aurora.

We respectfully request, that no organizations, harass, businesses who support citizens who wish to practice their Second Amendment Rights, such as Starbucks.

If, a citizens chooses to protect themselves from any harm, and to carry concealed, is the only way, then, please allow its citizens to do so.

Please do no fall into the Rich and Well Protected Bloomberg's idealism and their supporters. He can afford private security. We, the regular citizens could not.

Please, do not make this an easy decision to vote you out of office on the next election.
We do not easily forget.

Please, do not impede our Second Amendment.

Respectfully,

XXXXXXXXXXX
Bolingbrook Resident

simonsez
06-10-13, 23:42
I hate Chicago and I don't like it when I have to go there for training. Last Thursday I'm driving in listening to WGN and they said that 11 people were shot last night, must have been a slow night!:blink:

gunrunner505
06-11-13, 08:17
I hate Chicago and I don't like it when I have to go there for training. Last Thursday I'm driving in listening to WGN and they said that 11 people were shot last night, must have been a slow night!:blink:

And how many of them were shot with legally owned or obtained firearm? How many were shot with the evil assault weapon? How many were shot by a non gangbanger scumbag? Bet you the answer is zero....

Ryno12
06-11-13, 08:41
I haven't been following any of this close enough but will a cheesehead like myself be able to carry when my wife & I come to visit you guys in Chicago? ...or is it still too early to tell?

Sent via Tapatalk

AlphaKoncepts
06-11-13, 08:49
I haven't been following any of this close enough but will a cheesehead like myself be able to carry when my wife & I come to visit you guys in Chicago? ...or is it still too early to tell?

Sent via Tapatalk$300 per 5 year, plus training. No reciprocation as of yet. Maybe we'll get reciprocation in a few years after the anti gunners realize their nightmare of the "wild west" didn't come true.

ETA: I just realized they don't want reciprocation because of the huge $300 licensing fee. In IL it's all about money. Maybe after you out of state guys pay those hefty licensing fees and make fat cat pockets fatter, you can have reciprocation.

AlphaKoncepts
06-11-13, 08:51
I recently sent a letter to the mayor of Bolingbrook, IL, where I reside.
Hoping members would do the same, where they reside.I actually decided to take a wait and see approach constantly checking the village where I live website for agenda of meetings. I don't want to put something on their radar that isn't already there.

So far so good.

If anyone knows of any areas considering AWB post it here and I'll repost everywhere or just send it to the ISRA. We'll flood these meetings with pro gunners.

Ryno12
06-11-13, 08:53
$300 per 5 year, plus training. No reciprocation as of yet. Maybe we'll get reciprocation in a few years after the anti gunners realize their nightmare of the "wild west" didn't come true.

Wow! So they're really putting the screws to you guys. That sucks. I wish you guys luck.

Thanks for the update BTW.

Sent via Tapatalk

gunrunner505
06-11-13, 09:07
$300 per 5 year, plus training. No reciprocation as of yet. Maybe we'll get reciprocation in a few years after the anti gunners realize their nightmare of the "wild west" didn't come true.

The bill on Quinns desk is a $150 fee for 5 years and 16 training hours yes? The $300 one is that disaster that cook has on deck just in case?

TeamGrazzi
06-11-13, 19:20
Here is an interesting question... Do you think that Quinn wants to mess around and get Constitutional Carry because it is a rather F'ed up way to do CC hoping that it will be suck a cluster F that he can then come back and say see, this is why we don't want CC in IL?

Ledanek
06-11-13, 20:33
I wish IL politicians have that kind of foresight.

I see this as a way to rape its citizens with fees to feed their budgets and plans.
$300?
for what? documentations? they already laid off so many employees, who's keeping track of this documents? then it has to housed for storage?
I'm still waiting for him to further rape us on our pension plans.

ryr8828
06-12-13, 04:58
The bill on Quinns desk is a $150 fee for 5 years and 16 training hours yes? The $300 one is that disaster that cook has on deck just in case?

The bill on Bozo's desk is $150 for resident and $300 for non resident.

AlphaKoncepts
06-12-13, 11:20

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2$150 is residents. $300 is non residents. I was commenting on the person who said he is from Wisconsin and asked if he could carry in IL.

AlphaKoncepts
06-12-13, 11:22
Here is an interesting question... Do you think that Quinn wants to mess around and get Constitutional Carry because it is a rather F'ed up way to do CC hoping that it will be suck a cluster F that he can then come back and say see, this is why we don't want CC in IL?
I prefer not to speculate. I have put so much time and emotion the last 2 years into this that it's out of my hands right now so I'm relaxing and seeing how it plays out. One thing is for sure there is arm twisting going on.

You hear former mayor Daley's brother, the person who got Obama elected president is running for Governor?

gunrunner505
06-13-13, 10:05
Have any communities added additional gun control meetings to the calendar?

AlphaKoncepts
06-13-13, 13:35
Have any communities added additional gun control meetings to the calendar?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2Deerfield, Highland Park, Evanston, Hill Crest.

Hill Crest was a joke though it was last night and they aren't even home rule, so wtf were they thinking? I heard it went absolutely nowhere.

Northbrook some residents were pushing for it but the mayor shot it down. That meeting was Monday I think.

gunrunner505
06-13-13, 13:45
Deerfield, Highland Park, Evanston, Hill Crest.

Hill Crest was a joke though it was last night and they aren't even home rule, so wtf were they thinking? I heard it went absolutely nowhere.

Northbrook some residents were pushing for it but the mayor shot it down. That meeting was Monday I think.

Do you know about Schaumburg?

AlphaKoncepts
06-13-13, 15:02
Do you know about Schaumburg?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2Not that I have heard, but have you checked their website?

http://www.ci.schaumburg.il.us/Pages/home.aspx a quick check shows nothing on their calendar.

gunrunner505
06-13-13, 15:26
My search fu blows chunks. Thanks for the goods.

AlphaKoncepts
06-13-13, 15:45
My search fu blows chunks. Thanks for the goods.

It is reported that Buffalo Grove, IL wants to enact an AWB and is having a meeting about it Monday at 7:30 pm. If you live in or near Buffalo Grove, be there!

Ledanek
06-14-13, 21:30
emailed the Mayor of Evanston, Elizabeth Tisdahl, and said I'm taking my family outings somewhere else, where its 2A-friendly, now that "a few" have chosen to make part of America "less free" and "less safe."

DoorSlammer
06-22-13, 12:49
Edited. I should wake up and read before posting. Ugh.

thebarracuda
07-03-13, 08:10
Here we go, Quinn changes concealed carry bill. I have only been able to read a few articles, and they did not mention all the changes, but some that were mentioned multiple times: Only one concealed weapon, only one ammunition mag holding up to 10 rds. No carrying of a concealed weapon in an establishment that serves alcohol....

TeamGrazzi
07-03-13, 08:29
This is what I found:

http://www2.illinois.gov/gov/keepsafe/Pages/default.aspx

As Governor, it is my foremost duty to keep the people of Illinois safe. In the first half of this year, there were 843 shootings and 184 murders in the City of Chicago alone. There's no doubt that gun violence is a plague in many Illinois communities. That's why any changes to our state's gun policy must protect the people and minimize the risk of gun violence on our streets.

On December 11, 2012, three days before the Sandy Hook school tragedy, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, (Case Nos. 12-1269 and 12-1788), without precedent regarding the regulation of guns outside the home, struck down Illinois’ current ban on the concealed carry of guns in public.

Let me be clear, I do not agree with this ruling. However, I am duty-bound to address the mandates of the Court of Appeals, unless the United States Supreme Court rules otherwise.

To fill the legal void left by the Seventh Circuit’s opinion, House Bill 183 creates the Firearm Concealed Carry Act to allow and regulate the carrying of concealed handguns in public places.

I have carefully reviewed every part of this legislation. This is a flawed bill with serious safety problems that must be addressed.

Therefore, I am compelled to use my constitutional authority to rectify several specific issues, to establish a better law to protect the people of Illinois.

There are too many provisions in this bill inspired by the National Rifle Association, not the common good. Public safety should never be compromised nor negotiated away.

With these common sense changes, House Bill 183 will have my approval.

I respectfully request that you review these public safety issues and contact your legislators to share your concerns and urge their support in amending this bill.

Sincerely,

Governor Pat Quinn

gunrunner505
07-03-13, 08:31
Here we go, Quinn changes concealed carry bill. I have only been able to read a few articles, and they did not mention all the changes, but some that were mentioned multiple times: Only one concealed weapon, only one ammunition mag holding up to 10 rds. No carrying of a concealed weapon in an establishment that serves alcohol....

The general assembly sounds pretty pissed about it. I think there's a good chance they will ignore him.

While the ILGA "worked hard" on this, I would have preferred it that 997 been passed, this bill we have really kind of sucks, but it's at least a start.

TeamGrazzi
07-03-13, 09:39
997 didn't pass because Madigan wouldn't even let it come up for a vote. Not sure how that is legal...

Ledanek
07-03-13, 10:02
I really don't understand why, there's not a hint or attempt to recall this governor.
ISRA and other association is not gathering petition to recall this governor.

Why is the minority governing this state?

gunrunner505
07-03-13, 10:24
I really don't understand why, there's not a hint or attempt to recall this governor.
ISRA and other association is not gathering petition to recall this governor.

Why is the minority governing this state?

There's 12.88 million people in Illinois. 5.2 million in cook county. 2.7 million of those are in Chicago. History says all you really need to do is win cook county, where the fix is in big time. The liberal dems and their union cronies run Chicago and therefore the state.

Trust me, I think it sucks out loud as I don't live in Chicago and don't think I should be influenced by the city in any way but Chicago, cook county and by extension this state is so crooked, good luck changing it...

dp13
07-03-13, 14:55
Trust me, I think it sucks out loud as I don't live in Chicago and don't think I should be influenced by the city in any way but Chicago, cook county and by extension this state is so crooked, good luck changing it...

100% Correct.

They have the minorities and various other liberals who vote blindly democrat. They literally don't care about understanding the issues, they just go and vote.

Ledanek
07-03-13, 22:15
There's 12.88 million people in Illinois. 5.2 million in cook county. 2.7 million of those are in Chicago. History says all you really need to do is win cook county, where the fix is in big time. The liberal dems and their union cronies run Chicago and therefore the state.

Amen bro, I have to come into Cheatcago for work and I tell my wife, its like torture.

cougar_guy04
07-04-13, 12:48
As Governor, it is my foremost duty to keep the people of Illinois safe. In the first half of this year, there were 843 shootings and 184 murders in the City of Chicago alone. There's no doubt that gun violence is a plague in many Illinois communities. That's why any changes to our state's gun policy must protect the people and minimize the risk of gun violence on our streets.

Yeah, because the running gun battles and gang shootings in Vandallia, Rantoul, Mattoon, and Galesburg are off the freakin' charts.

They were so close to a great CC bill but ended up with something "meh" at best. I don't even live in IL anymore but contacted the Rep and Senator from the area where I grew up and let them hear my opinion on it. Probably wasn't worth the effort, but something has to change in that state.

Yup. I grew up in "downstate" (East Central) Illinois and its so far removed from that cesspool that it might as well be a completely different state (Maybe Indiana would adopt them?). I know it killed me to no end to hear a Chicago Politburo member come to Springfield and say, "I love coming to southern Illinois!"

I feel for you guys in IL. My family is still trapped behind enemy lines there . . . maybe the tide will turn and I can come home. I had a friend that worked with a company that built power plants and offered to help me get in with the company after I graduated. I declined as I'd have had to move to the Chicago area. I had pretty much decided that CA, NY, MA, CT, DE, MD, NJ and my home state of IL were all blacklisted for future employment opportunities because I wouldn't support their political machines with the fruits of my labor.

gunrunner505
07-06-13, 20:10
According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports there were 706 murders in Illinois in all of 2010. This is the most recent year that numbers are available. Of that 706, 436 were committed in Chicago. 62% were confined to the city proper.

That right there should tell you where your problem is.

AlphaKoncepts
07-09-13, 11:24
According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports there were 706 murders in Illinois in all of 2010. This is the most recent year that numbers are available. Of that 706, 436 were committed in Chicago. 62% were confined to the city proper.

That right there should tell you where your problem is.
And probably 90% committed by people with illegal guns.

ETA, illegal guns meaning a gun in the possession of a person not legally capable of possessing said gun, such as felons, youths, etc...

gunrunner505
07-09-13, 14:21
And probably 90% committed by people with illegal guns.

ETA, illegal guns meaning a gun in the possession of a person not legally capable of possessing said gun, such as felons, youths, etc...

Stop confusing the issue with facts. You're supposed to pay your taxes and believe their rhetoric without question like a good little drone. Thinking for yourself......

What's next, honest elections????