PDA

View Full Version : Practical/Defensive/Fighting Bolt & Lever Sling?

MountainRaven
06-01-13, 14:17
Another question!

I have been running Montana slings on my sporters for years, now. Never really had a complaint about them for hunting and just slinging the rifle across my back.

But... I really like my VCAS as a two-point retention/carry sling for my carbines and (I think) I would like something offering a similar functionality for my bolt guns.

It seems that this self-same VCAS is well-established as the forum favorite for fighting rifles. Does this carry over to the lighter* manually-operated firearms or is there something else that is recommended for the fighting bolt- and lever guns?

What are you using?

Thanks!

*As opposed to a heavy-barreled, heavy-stocked long-range gun.

AKDoug
06-03-13, 01:54
I'm in the process of epoxying in two QD sockets into the side of the forearm and butt stock of my synthetic stocked hunting rifle so I can carry it with a VCAS like I do my AR. It makes way more sense this way.

Bruce in WV
06-03-13, 12:17
Have you considered the 3-point Ching sling? Its pretty fast to get into for a solid lock-up, yet can be used for shoulder carry without messing with the fixed points.

CA_Shooter
06-03-13, 20:39
I've no personal experience with this sling but I've looked into it for my hunting rifle since I too like the VCAS on my AR's. The video on the page gives a pretty good idea of how it works.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=15

sierra 223
06-03-13, 21:50
I use a Viking sling on my Tikka T3 308 and it works great.