PDA

View Full Version : Swiss with Kel-Tec P-32

Quiet
06-01-13, 16:34
Oleg Volk (http://www.olegvolk.net/) recently traveled to Switzerland.

In his blog post from Switzerland (http://networkedblogs.com/LLk77), he commented that the most common "unofficial" sidearm seems to be the .32ACP Kel-Tec P-32. He also notes that the Swiss consider it a 100 meter pistol, in that it can accurately hit a silhouette target at 100 meters more than 50% of the time.

I own a Kel-Tec P-32 and seems I need to practice with it more because the farthest distance I am comfortable engaging a target at is 25 meters.

100 meters with a pocket pistol = mind blown

cathellsk
06-02-13, 23:55
Interesting observations, seems the .32 may still be more popular than the .380 over the pond.

Ed L.
06-03-13, 02:03
I believe Oleg Volk has some type of professional relationship with Keltec as a photographer. He features a lot of their guns on his Blog and photos.

He does take good photos.

vaglocker
06-03-13, 08:30
IMO the P32 is the best gun in Kel-Tec's line up (which isn't saying much I know). For me it's the only semi-auto that truly disappears in my pocket.

Kain
06-03-13, 09:03
I suppose my first reaction to this is something a good friend of mine used to say, even as unpolitically correct as some may feel it is. "It ain't the arrow, it's the indian." A lot of people would be amazed at how easy it is go reach out with handguns if given the time and inclination. Mansized target at 100 meters with most service handguns off hand is pretty easy if your trigger control is worth a damn and the gun shoots true. Even with .38 subnose revolvers reaching out to distances beyond 15-25 meters is not hard at all in my experience, though most I deal with locally feel that anything beyond 7 meters is a waste of time. I don't feel that it is unrealistic to say that a .32cal pocket pistol, if the sights were true would have that hard of a time hitting at 100 meters. Now whether it would do anything when it hit that is another discussion and another debate.

Dexter
06-03-13, 11:39
I believe Oleg Volk has some type of professional relationship with Keltec as a photographer. He features a lot of their guns on his Blog and photos.

He does take good photos.

He states that Keltec is one of his manufacturing clients on his website.

ChrisCross
06-03-13, 15:50
Oleg Volk (http://www.olegvolk.net/) recently traveled to Switzerland.

In his blog post from Switzerland (http://networkedblogs.com/LLk77), he commented that the most common "unofficial" sidearm seems to be the .32ACP Kel-Tec P-32. He also notes that the Swiss consider it a 100 meter pistol, in that it can accurately hit a silhouette target at 100 meters more than 50% of the time.

I own a Kel-Tec P-32 and seems I need to practice with it more because the farthest distance I am comfortable engaging a target at is 25 meters.

100 meters with a pocket pistol = mind blown

If that's true I really... really, really need to practice more. A lot more... :sad:

Trajan
06-03-13, 16:02
Is there any video of a P-32 at 100m or a P210 at 200m? I would like to see this.

El Pistolero
06-03-13, 16:29
I suppose my first reaction to this is something a good friend of mine used to say, even as unpolitically correct as some may feel it is. "It ain't the arrow, it's the indian." A lot of people would be amazed at how easy it is go reach out with handguns if given the time and inclination. Mansized target at 100 meters with most service handguns off hand is pretty easy if your trigger control is worth a damn and the gun shoots true. Even with .38 subnose revolvers reaching out to distances beyond 15-25 meters is not hard at all in my experience, though most I deal with locally feel that anything beyond 7 meters is a waste of time. I don't feel that it is unrealistic to say that a .32cal pocket pistol, if the sights were true would have that hard of a time hitting at 100 meters. Now whether it would do anything when it hit that is another discussion and another debate.

I agree with this. Many people think of handguns as "bad breath distance" weapons but I want to get as much out of my handguns as possible so I do at least half my handgun shooting on silhouettes at 40 yards. It's still a reasonable distance IMO if using a service pistol; if I can get COM hits at 40 yards then 15 or 7 yards should be no problem. But I practice at those distances as well just in case of POI differences.

jandbj
06-04-13, 07:48
I agree with this. Many people think of handguns as "bad breath distance" weapons but I want to get as much out of my handguns as possible so I do at least half my handgun shooting on silhouettes at 40 yards. It's still a reasonable distance IMO if using a service pistol; if I can get COM hits at 40 yards then 15 or 7 yards should be no problem. But I practice at those distances as well just in case of POI differences.

I am in agreement with this. Last snubby class I took from Michael deBethencourt had us doing walk back drills out to 100 yards with 2" 38's & 357's. Depending largely on the shooter & to a lesser extent on the gun, hits at that range are manageable with patience & a mastery of the fundamentals of marksmanship.

markm
06-04-13, 08:10
If you own a kel tec, you DESERVE to lose a gunfight.

And I can hit targets farther than that with my Ruger MK2.. Doesn't make it an acceptable carry choice.

Kain
06-04-13, 10:04

40 and even 50 yards really isn't that hard. And I do believe that practicing at extended ranges improves hits at closer ranges since you have to focus more on having good trigger control and sight alignment. One of my favorite pistols to take out at a distance is my Beretta 92SB, have managed to piss off a few people at the range when I am banging targets on the 100 meter berm more regularly off hand then they are doing at 7 or 10 meters.

gunnut284
06-04-13, 11:06
100 yds with a P32 would be interesting. I had one and I could hit reasonably well at 25 yds with it but never tried any further. It did actually work well, unlike the P3AT I briefly owned, and I gave it to my grandfather who wanted a tiny pocket gun (I couldn't talk him into anything else).

El Pistolero
06-04-13, 21:09

And I can hit targets farther than that with my Ruger MK2.. Doesn't make it an acceptable carry choice.

:angry:

HKGuns
06-04-13, 22:02

And I can hit targets farther than that with my Ruger MK2.. Doesn't make it an acceptable carry choice.:haha:

I hope you were joking, otherwise that is very narrow minded.

I just happen to own a P-32 and find it to be wholly acceptable and adequate to carry when nothing else works. I own a lot of other pistols as well and the little P-32 is a fine little pistol. It is the Indian, not the arrow, as stated above. An Indian with a P-32 is better than an Indian with Tennis Shoes.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v20/p515684713-4.jpg

BillSWPA
06-05-13, 12:41

Both of my Kel-Tec pistols place hits where I want them with boring reliability. Regarding the P-32, I know of no other pistol that is as small, light, easy to conceal, has as little recoil, and is above .22 or .25 caliber.

thei3ug
06-05-13, 21:57
Technically you're right. As far as I'm aware every other pocket .32 on the market is a blowback. If you have a specific requirement for that size, it makes sense. Still, boring reliability isn't everyone's definition of the P32.

MistWolf
06-05-13, 23:27

Ya know, I turned Quiet's post upside down, sideways, diagonal and even held it up to a mirror and I still can't find where he said this 100 yard shooting results in the KelTech being superior