PDA

View Full Version : Brightest Green Night Sight?

Sparky5019
06-02-13, 10:13
In y'all's experience, who makes the brightest green tritium night sight? I'm looking for a front sight only; I'm not opposed to buying a set and only using the front (to get the best product).

Thanks
Sparky

FAB45
06-02-13, 15:40
Ameriglo CAP front sight is very bright tritium with extremely bright green photo luminescent paint around the tritium.

Sparky5019
06-02-13, 15:52
Interesting. I'll look at them! I've been looking at the Meprolight sights.

Sparky

Ready.Fire.Aim
06-02-13, 23:03
Ameriglo Hackthorn has a very bright front site. Trijicon makes the tritium insert for it.

RFA

ClearedHot
06-03-13, 01:26
+1 on the Ameriglow. Most of the time I just install the tritium front dot and leave the rear sight black.

Sparky5019
06-03-13, 06:57
Most of the time I just install the tritium front dot and leave the rear sight black.

That's what I'm doing.

Thanks! I'll check into those as well.

Sparky

G19
06-04-13, 15:39
I have also been looking for some new sights for my Glock 19. I put the Kyle Defoor sights on my Glock 17 that I use for USPSA and love them but for the G19 I was thinking it might get some carry time and didn't want all black sights.

The Ameriglo PRO Glow front sights look nice. I wanted to keep it square and not a round dot so this might work Sight is # GL-212-GR-Q Square shape with green color.

The rear I was planning on using is a plain black #GCR-65R-180 . Has anyone used this combo and if so what do you think about it. The front sight would be a width of .140" and the rear is .180". I love the notch and front sight width on the Defoor sights (front .115", rear .150") so would these be close or somewhat the same sight picture?

I have very limited after market sight experience and trying to understand all the options is very confusing.

Thanks,
Brad

Sparky5019
06-04-13, 17:33
Thanks! I'll check into those; they sound interesting.

With the 115/150 there is less space to split for "daylight" on each side of the blade but it's all in how it presents to your eye; the narrower FS will technically allow you a more precise shot but can you pick it up well enough to shoot fast in a defensive situation. If it doesn't busy your wallet, get a set and make the comparison then let us know how it worked for you!

Sparky

Denali
06-04-13, 18:02
Just a heads up, while the Ameriglo sights are decently bright, the sets I installed on all of my Glocks rusted after routine exposure to the elements....

Sparky5019
06-04-13, 18:05
Interesting! I would never have thought that!

Diesel47
06-04-13, 18:37
The Hackathorn front sight is great to use but I have had the orange paint ring pop out.

Jerseymike
06-12-13, 10:30
I use xs big dot sights. It does have tritium but with the big white dot the tritium isn't really necessary. Was shooting 1/4 ipscs at 10 yards at 2200 hours in overcast conditions with no light. Not a prob seeing at all.

Plumber237
06-14-13, 08:58
We use meprolights on our work USP 40's, and they are very bright in low light. Close to twice as bright as my trijicons on my glock.

Shao
06-14-13, 11:03
I have Mepros on all but one rifle, which sports an Ameriglo (Samson fixed sight - detent is backwards so Mepro won't work). I prefer the Mepros as the posts seem thinner and also seem a bit brighter. Plus, you can find them for ~$30 If you shop around.

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the handgun section... I was referring to AR front sight posts... should still be relevant though.

Matt O
06-14-13, 11:07
Just a heads up, while the Ameriglo sights are decently bright, the sets I installed on all of my Glocks rusted after routine exposure to the elements....

To offer an alternate data point, that has never happened to me, even when shooting in the rain or having the rear sight on my carry pistol covered in sweat due to our joyously humid Virginia summers.

Sparky5019
06-14-13, 16:06
We use meprolights on our work USP 40's, and they are very bright in low light. Close to twice as bright as my trijicons on my glock.

This is where I'm leaning anyway...I have yet to see a better combination of brightness and all around good sight shape/presentation.

Sparky

Plumber237
06-14-13, 17:05
If it helps out they are very durable sights, we constantly carry them in rainy/wet/snowy conditions and they don't even start to rust.

yellow50
06-14-13, 20:52
+1 for the mepros. They are very easy to find in the dark

Tennvol12345
06-15-13, 16:06
To offer an alternate data point, that has never happened to me, even when shooting in the rain or having the rear sight on my carry pistol covered in sweat due to our joyously humid Virginia summers.

Mine rusted after a few months and I'm in VA as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

titsonritz
06-16-13, 13:30

Meprolights have been the brightest I’ve used but Trijicons are crisper, while the Mepros have a slight "fuzziness" them.

Blak1508
06-16-13, 13:54
TFO's the green is brighter then Trijicon original night sights, but the TFO's are not meant for one handed slide manipulation so IMO that is a downfall. The yellow on the TFO's is purposely darker then the front green. My favorite night sights are my Ameriglo ,Hackathorns I believe they are called but at night time it's very easy to align the sights and they are nice and bright