PDA

View Full Version : Egypt to buy 50,000 CZ P07 Pistols

Eliakim
06-02-13, 13:22
Is the Egyptian interior ministry making a wise choice in contracting with CZUB for 50,000 P07 Duty pistols?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/business/2013-05/23/c_132404276.htm

"PRAGUE, May 23 (Xinhua) -- Czech arms firm Ceska zbrojovka won an international tender to supply 50,000 pistols to the Egyptian interior ministry, company CEO Lubomir Kovarik said on Thursday.

Speaking at a defence industry trade fair in Brno, Kovarik said some of the firearms were sent to Egypt last week. The CZ P-07 Duty pistols are smaller than those supplied by Ceska zbrojovka to the Czech military and security forces.

The one-year contract will be followed by the supply of several hundred Scorpion submachine guns to the country."

I wonder if the choice to go with the CZ P07 was based on reliability and endurance testing, or if maybe The Czechs were the low-bidder (or just simply lucky)?

I know that CZUB makes some decent firearms, but there are other manufacturers out there who make competitive products.

wahoo95
06-02-13, 14:01
That decision was probably driven by the second part of the order which includes the Scorpion MG's

Spiffums
06-02-13, 18:01
Who cares what the Muzzy Brohood picks to arm their troops :bad:

packinaglock
06-02-13, 18:27
Huh, I would have thought they would have gone with the Caracal. :confused:

theblackknight
06-02-13, 21:02
Huh, I would have thought they would have gone with the Caracal

??????

RogerinTPA
06-02-13, 21:40

Agreed. You'd think they would have went with a UAE gun and a fellow Arab nation. The Caracal, if I'm not mistaken, within the past year, passed a NATO qualification and received a NATO designation. It appears to be a better built Glock, with many features of it, built into it, minus the finger grooves and more ergonomic grip design. Maybe they got a great package deal. CZ has made pretty decent firearms in the past.

twistedcomrade
06-03-13, 08:49
Good for CZ, I guess. I can't help but wonder if American tax dollars are helping with this purchase.

Urban_Redneck
06-03-13, 11:11

Perhaps they are punishing Abu Dhabi for being an ally of the US :confused:

:v:

Big A
06-03-13, 11:30
Good for CZ, I guess. I can't help but wonder if American tax dollars are helping with this purchase.

Perhaps they are punishing Abu Dhabi for being an ally of the US :confused:

:v:

Wouldn't doubt it...

dwhitehorne
06-03-13, 18:53
I would guess their weapons procurement is not unlike most. CZ is a well know weapons company abroad. I would imagine they had a dog and pony show where all the Generals got to shoot some scorpions and oh yeah we have this pistol too. We'll take em.

WallaS
06-03-13, 19:03
Old news, it's been on the CZ 22 forum for quite awhile. CZs have been hard to come by and parts are near impossible to find. Talk is they are working on mil/gov commitments and the commercial side is suffering.

CRAMBONE
06-03-13, 19:13
To me the big question is why Scorpions? And why are they still around?

VIP3R 237
06-03-13, 19:27

Its the new Scorpion Evo. A much improved and modern design.

legumeofterror
06-03-13, 20:46
Different Skorpion...

http://en.valka.cz/attachments/4461/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.jpg

Eliakim
06-03-13, 20:46

The CZ Scorpion EVO is still fairly new.

Here is a link:
http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/86-law-enforcement-military/OS-AUT/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.aspx

Apparently other sources also claim that CZ will be supplying quantities of the BREN 805 assault rifle to the Egyptian interior ministry as well.

From what I read, Caracal is probably too swamped with their recalls to supply pistols in quantity at this time

http://www.caracal-usa.com/press/caracal-pistol-recall/

prdubi
06-04-13, 04:36
Fired it at a shooting range in Prague..... very low recoil...very light...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Denali
06-04-13, 18:00
I'm not all that concerned by the choice of sidearm of the Muslim Brotherhood, nonetheless the CZPO1 pistol(alloy version of PO7)is one of the nicest pistols I've ever come across....

yellowfin
06-05-13, 00:19
Different Skorpion...

http://en.valka.cz/attachments/4461/CZ_SCORPION_EVO_3_A1.jpg

Ya know, it's stuff like that which REALLY pisses me off about '68 GCA and the '86 ban. :angry:

Mysteryman
06-05-13, 22:32
Sub guns are dead. SBR's are a better option in general.

MM

SteveS
06-05-13, 22:46
They have to do something with all the money the taxpayers give them.

VIP3R 237
06-06-13, 00:42
Ya know, it's stuff like that which REALLY pisses me off about '68 GCA and the '86 ban. :angry:

Same here, i would love one of these. After handling it at Shot Show i think they hit the nail on the head with the Evo.

yellowfin
06-06-13, 22:06
Sub guns are dead. SBR's are a better option in general.

MMOK, so if SBR's are superior and I can get them, then it shouldn't be a problem at all for me to have a new subgun then too, right? This arbitrary lines junk is REALLY annoying.

richiecotite
06-07-13, 18:52
OK, so if SBR's are superior and I can get them, then it shouldn't be a problem at all for me to have a new subgun then too, right? This arbitrary lines junk is REALLY annoying.

You should check out his replies in the fnx45 thread