PDA

View Full Version : Marshall University professor advocates execution of NRA members

CLJ94104
06-02-13, 20:55
Has anyone heard about the Marshall University journalism professor that suggests NRA members should be lined up and shot? This story really has me pissed off. I am glad I haven't ran into a douchebag like this in any of my higher education endeavors. His name is Christopher Swindell. Anyone that feels like dropping this asshole a line feel free to do so at "swindell@marshall.edu".

Link to original story: http://www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071

theblackknight
06-02-13, 21:03
irony.

You notice they only time beta ass liberals praise the military and beat their chests is when they are circle jerking over the thought of people they dont like being gunned down by the gubbament.

LHS
06-02-13, 21:21
I have to agree with him about Palin, but the rest makes me sick that he actually lives and works in my home state. And to have a so-called 'academic' baldly state that the civil war was fought primarily over slavery is just retarded. Slavery was just a symptom of the larger state's rights question.

Biggy
06-02-13, 21:30
Wasn't there another man in history with the initials A.H. that felt the same way about a group of people ? That sounds like threatening hate speech to incite violent acts on people. Maybe someone will contact the university about leveling a lawsuit on them to prod them into shutting the butt sore loser up. And just think, its idiots like this teaching (brainwashing) our kids with their poison.

SeriousStudent
06-02-13, 21:46
I was an adjunct professor for a while, teaching at a local college here in Texas. I always referred to it as six square miles surrounded by reality.

This does not surprise me.

ForTehNguyen
06-02-13, 21:48
kind of hard to do that being anti gun and your opposition pro gun, no?

CarlosDJackal
06-02-13, 21:50
Big talk from someone who likes to hide behind the First Amendment while advocating the outright oppression of those who believe in the Second Amendment.

CLJ94104
06-02-13, 21:58
kind of hard to do that being anti gun and your opposition pro gun, no?

Yeah, I don't think he gets the concept that we have the guns, not morons like him.

J-Dub
06-02-13, 22:52
Oh the Irony....

Sensei
06-02-13, 23:11
Big talk from someone who likes to hide behind the First Amendment while advocating the outright oppression of those who believe in the Second Amendment.

Notice that he calls on the military to visit violence on those with whom he disagrees. This is classic since most liberals do not have the means to carry out their dirty work.

yellowfin
06-02-13, 23:49
I dare that snot nosed professor to say that to my face. Or to the 100+ people I was at the range today with.

PA PATRIOT
06-03-13, 00:07
After reading several pages of comments Christopher Swindell seems to be intimidated and back peddling making apologies to those posting on the below link comments section at the bottom of the page.

Seems he stirred up a shit storm and is now reaping the results.

http://www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071

Biggy
06-03-13, 00:35
After reading several pages of comments Christopher Swindell seems to be intimidated and back peddling making apologies to those posting on the below link comments section at the bottom of the page.

It seems when some people get in a position of power or authority and get to big for their britches, at some point they open their mouth and out comes the stupid talk. Then when the people above him let him know that he might be going under the bus to cover their asses, the air goes out of their balloons and the back pedaling begins. Hopefully he will learn to stay in his lane and to not rock the boat, lest he be cast down with the Sodomites.

Koshinn
06-03-13, 01:35
Has anyone heard about the Marshall University
No, never heard if it lol

I dare that snot nosed professor to say that to my face. Or to the 100+ people I was at the range today with.

I'd hope you'd just emphatically reject his position with sound logic backed by irrefutable evidence.

Moose-Knuckle
06-03-13, 03:21
Well I see the prof is a proponent of democide, typical of the progressive liberal reds who have infiltrated academia.

Stangman
06-03-13, 06:42
I know Marshall quite well, as I went there. This idiot is in the vast minority of the area & state - VAST minority. This type of guy is the worst, "oh I support the 2nd, but let me tell you where it's wrong" type. He wouldn't make it through a debate on the subject around here before being ran out.

jc75754
06-03-13, 08:42
This is the stuff that tickes me off. As an educator you dont spew your political beliefs from the podium for ten minutes of fame. I dont share my beleifs at all with students unless asked after class hours. Only then will i argue religion or politics. This is the problem with many educational institutions, teachers feel the need to tell you what to beleive rather than presenting facts and allowing students to use information to formulate their own opinion and then articulate those thoughts backed up with facts.

currahee
06-03-13, 09:08
This is the stuff that tickes me off. As an educator you dont spew your political beliefs from the podium for ten minutes of fame. I dont share my beleifs at all with students unless asked after class hours. Only then will i argue religion or politics. This is the problem with many educational institutions, teachers feel the need to tell you what to beleive rather than presenting facts and allowing students to use information to formulate their own opinion and then articulate those thoughts backed up with facts.

As an educator, I agree with you whole heartedly.

I'm a high school teacher- and I think that our position is far worse than for a college prof. 1) We have the kids for a fixed amount of time, we can't get through the curriculum and scoot. Those five minutes of time at the end of class- that I would prefer to be a free review of material, always end up moving towards personal stuff. 2) We see the kids so much more, and the college lecturer has many more students, so the opportunity for personal communication is MUCH greater in a secondary setting. 3) The kids in a secondary setting WANT to get you off topic, when I was in college I wanted my profs to STAY on topic (so we could get though it and I could get something to eat before work.) 4) We have to supervise kids during mandated unstructured time- how I hate Channel One!

All that aside I manage to not talk to kids very much about politics, and it is hard because I love to discuss politics, because I respect the position I hold and refuse to abuse it. When pressed I just say that I am an extreme libertarian.

People like the guy in the OP are the picture of what is wrong with education.

Alpha Sierra
06-03-13, 09:38
I think this idiot overestimates the eagerness of American military men and women to fire on their own fellow citizens and severely underestimates the ability and resolve of the 3%. Many of which know Uncle Sam's anti-insurgency book page by page, and in some cases wrote parts of it.

T2C
06-03-13, 10:01

It's good that people are calling him to task for his comments. What concerns me the most is the influence he has on young minds in the educational system.

Eurodriver
06-03-13, 10:26
http://www.charlestonwvpolice.org/Pages/provide-a-tip_copy(1).htm

Reported him to the Charleston Police Department for threats and hate speech.

You can never be too careful. He seems to be one step away from murder.

Zhurdan
06-03-13, 10:38
Wasn't there another man in history named Hitler that felt the same way about a group of people ? That sounds like threatening hate speech to incite violent acts on people. Maybe someone will contact the university about leveling a lawsuit on them to prod them into shutting the butt sore loser up. And just think, its idiots like this teaching (brainwashing) our kids with their poison.

Godwin's Law in 4 posts! Probably not a record, but pretty damn quick!:D

*on topic*
I'd say we hand him a gun and say, go to work. Always enough bluster, never enough balls, it seems.

.46caliber
06-03-13, 10:54
It's good that people are calling him to task for his comments. What concerns me the most is the influence he has on young minds in the educational system.

Definitely sad. It does depend too on the mind going in. I had my head on pretty straight and attended a very liberal university. Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot. But one of the things I learned, some people are so educated they become dumber than a box of rocks.

What I find particularly ironic is the preaching of free thought in academia. I had a rude awakening on that one. Free thought is OK so long as it lines up with theirs. If your free thought doesn't line up with theirs, then clearly you must be an unenlightened country bumpkin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

WillBrink
06-03-13, 10:58
Has anyone heard about the Marshall University journalism professor that suggests NRA members should be lined up and shot? This story really has me pissed off. I am glad I haven't ran into a douchebag like this in any of my higher education endeavors. His name is Christopher Swindell. Anyone that feels like dropping this asshole a line feel free to do so at "swindell@marshall.edu".

Link to original story: http://www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071

He's intentionally being inflammatory and needs a history lesson. He also makes a few legit points between the idiotic comments, inflammatory comments, and incorrect historic comments, and like Biden et al does not understand the actual meaning nor intent of the 2A.

Sending him email with some corrections is probably a waste of time, but I don't blame anyone for trying.

But keep the moral high ground, stick to facts vs stooping to his levels and confirming (in his biased brain) what "nuts" 2A supporters are.

I didn't see any NRA speeches, etc, but I also have no doubt the NRA didn't do itself any favors as is often the case with the NRA decision makers.

Crow Hunter
06-03-13, 11:59
I find it hilariously ironic that he advocates the government becoming tyrannical in an effort to prevent an overthrow by people who believe in arming themselves to defend against the government becoming tyrannical.:rolleyes:

It is such a stupid premise that if I didn't know any better, I would believe that it was a plant article by a NRA member.

But I know for a fact that most "journalists" really are that stupid.:jester:

brickboy240
06-03-13, 12:00
Parents should be pulling their kids out of that university...until he is fired for making statements like that.

The sound of the wallets slamming shut will probably force them to eject this moron for making irresponsible comments like that.

Exercising 1st amendment rights should come with consequences in some cases.

-brickboy240

SteyrAUG
06-03-13, 12:05
How is this any different from groups like the AN and KKK advocating their followers go do violence against law abiding citizens?

I mean except for the fact that he has a paid occupation at what is supposed to be a place of education.

Where is Morris Dee and the SPLC exposing this man for the dangerous advocator and threat to civil liberties that he is?

Koshinn
06-03-13, 12:20
Parents should be pulling their kids out of that university...until he is fired for making statements like that.

The sound of the wallets slamming shut will probably force them to eject this moron for making irresponsible comments like that.

-brickboy240

He may have tenure

Zhurdan
06-03-13, 12:27

-brickboy240

Money may talk, and bullshit may walk, but there's no refund for the talk part.

It's far easier for most folks to talk about pulling their kids out of this college, but that's quickly stifled by that same sound of the wallet slamming shut and it being sans tuition/expenses/etc.

He may have tenure

Tenure is only as good as his lawyer and I'd bet the University has better ones. :D

WillBrink
06-03-13, 12:37
I posted:

I wouldn't even know where to begin to correct your flawed logic, ignorance of history and the actual meaning and intent of the 2A, not to mention your call to violence on fellow citizens by the government.

How you keep your job after writing that, I have no idea. If you do, it will be shining beacon of truth to the fact most media outlets and universities (and I graduated from an Ivy League University in the NE myself...) are also anti 2A/anti gun/anti Human Rights and use a "don't confuse us with the facts" approach to journalism so common today.

I agree, the gun safety issue is "B.S." It's a front used to justify gun restrictions and ignores the actual data. Data, you know what that looks like yes? Try some...

The few legit points you made (such as Palin being a poor choice for a speaker and not a person the NRA should ever align themselves with) were completely obliterated by your hate speech, which if applied to law abiding gun owners acceptable, but not when directed at a minority group.

The typical double standard applied by all too many in the media, and those professing journalist credibility, which you have proven to lack.

What we know from your writing it, you're no professor of history, or criminology, or statistics, or Constitutional Law.

What you are is, proof anyone can get a PhD, and critical thinking skills not required.

CLJ94104
06-03-13, 12:40
I posted:

I wouldn't even know where to begin to correct your flawed logic, ignorance of history and the actual meaning and intent of the 2A, not to mention your call to violence on fellow citizens by the government.

How you keep your job after writing that, I have no idea. If you do, it will be shining beacon of truth to the fact most media outlets and universities (and I graduated from an Ivy League University in the NE myself...) are also anti 2A/anti gun/anti Human Rights and use a "don't confuse us with the facts" approach to journalism so common today.

I agree, the gun safety issue is "B.S." It's a front used to justify gun restrictions and ignores the actual data. Data, you know what that looks like yes? Try some...

The few legit points you made (such as Palin being a poor choice for a speaker and not a person the NRA should ever align themselves with) were completely obliterated by your hate speech, which if applied to law abiding gun owners acceptable, but not when directed at a minority group.

The typical double standard applied by all too many in the media, and those professing journalist credibility, which you have proven to lack.

What we know from your writing it, you're no professor of history, or criminology, or statistics, or Constitutional Law.

What you are is, proof anyone can get a PhD, and critical thinking skills not required.

BOOM! I couldn't have said it better myself.

SteyrAUG
06-03-13, 13:08

-brickboy240

You obviously aren't familiar with professors Ward Churchill and William Ayers.

HES
06-03-13, 15:27
http://www.charlestonwvpolice.org/Pages/provide-a-tip_copy(1).htm

Reported him to the Charleston Police Department for threats and hate speech.

You can never be too careful. He seems to be one step away from murder.
Threats yeah, but I have a big problem with the whole "hate speech / hate crime" thing.

Where is Morris Dee and the SPLC exposing this man for the dangerous advocator and threat to civil liberties that he is?
Hold your breath until he and they show up. Let me know how that works out for you :mad:

RWK
06-03-13, 15:52
Tenure is only as good as his lawyer

Nice! I'm stealing that one.

The_War_Wagon
06-03-13, 16:58
Back when I used to work for the Boys Scouts (when they were STILL morally straight) in Huntington, WV, Marshall was an oustanding community partner. Professors used to fight over the opportunity to spend their Saturday off, teaching 150 of our Scouts at the University staffed & sponsored Merit Badge College.

That said, I don't think I ever had the displeasure of meeting THIS over-educated sack of shiite. :mad: