PDA

View Full Version : Where are the A5 kits??

samuse
06-02-13, 22:51
I did a search, didn't come up with anything.

Where are the VLTOR A5 kits? Are they short because of the panic or they slow on production, or something else?

Been lookin' for awhile..

Peshawar
06-02-13, 22:55
Alphaops has the extension tubes in stock, but no springs or buffers as far as I can tell.

thebarracuda
06-02-13, 23:11
Yep, I can find tubes as well, but no springs or buffers. I really want to try one of these! I have middy needing pants!

AKDoug
06-02-13, 23:48
Never mind

VIP3R 237
06-03-13, 00:03
Vltor had a problem with the consistency in the tungsten weights that were outsourced. They have since brought it in house and are working as fast as they can to get some out. My shop has had 100 of the kits on order since Shot show, all we have received is the receiver extensions.

glocktogo
06-03-13, 00:13
The person I spoke with at Vltor said about 6 months out, and that was 3-4 weeks ago. I've had one on order from DSG since January. :(

The Rat
06-03-13, 00:53
Weird issue with one of mine today. Got a new upper, 18" barrel w/ rifle gas, Surefire brake. When shooting, I was having tons of malfunctions. Brass not being extracted and/or ejected, two bolt overrides, and in general just seemed like it wasn't getting enough gas.

I thought that maybe the A5 buffer was too heavy, and was thus keeping the bolt from cycling fully. I popped out the pin and took out one of the silver-colored weights. Will be a week or more before I can get out to the range again though. Any other ideas?

AKDoug
06-03-13, 01:23
There needs to be something to fill it's place. You simply just can't remove a weight and leave the gap.

18" rifle gas can have issues. It's a known trouble combination like a middy 14.5".

It does sound undergassed. I'd switch with another lower that you have options to change out actual buffers rather than destroy a valuable A5 buffer that you can't replace right now.

What brand of barrel? Did you assemble it yourself?

Iraqgunz
06-03-13, 01:25
You have been here two years and you still don't recognize this is the Technical Area and not Where Can I Find It Area.

I did a search, didn't come up with anything.

Where are the VLTOR A5 kits? Are they short because of the panic or they slow on production, or something else?

Been lookin' for awhile..

Iraqgunz
06-03-13, 01:27
Please post this in the Tech Area so we can assist.

Weird issue with one of mine today. Got a new upper, 18" barrel w/ rifle gas, Surefire brake. When shooting, I was having tons of malfunctions. Brass not being extracted and/or ejected, two bolt overrides, and in general just seemed like it wasn't getting enough gas.

I thought that maybe the A5 buffer was too heavy, and was thus keeping the bolt from cycling fully. I popped out the pin and took out one of the silver-colored weights. Will be a week or more before I can get out to the range again though. Any other ideas?