PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts

TAZ
06-04-13, 14:14
We've discussed movies, Netflix, music... How about any good podcasts that can make a long commute better??

.46caliber
06-04-13, 14:33
A slight tangent, but I use Google Music. I uploaded my entire library and now I can stream my entire collection anywhere I have a data connection.

Probably not what you're looking for, but may be of interest just the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ShortytheFirefighter
06-04-13, 15:08
I've got a regular subscription to Jason Lewis and the Car Talk guys on iTunes. I love listening to Car Talk on long trips.

When it comes to music platforms I tend to use iTunes or Spotify, I haven't done anything with Google Play yet.

Jerm
06-04-13, 15:16
Radiolab is excellent and I like the intelligence squared debate podcasts.

The TED Talks are hit or miss but some are really interesting.

... Star Talk with Neill Degrasse Tyson is often good.

I've downloaded several of The Survival Podcast, but haven't really gotten to them yet.

There are some really good courses/lectures available on iTunes U. I'm currently listening to (sometimes watching if it's needed) a Yale course on game theory.

There are a few others I listen to but they are pretty specific (Michigan football etc).

I'd be interested to hear about any good, gun related podcasts. I'm not aware of any.

Frailer
06-04-13, 17:26
My commute takes me 2.5 hours a day, so I listen to a lot of podcasts--mostly gun-related.

Some of my favorites are:

Gun Girl Radio (Julie Golob and Randi Rogers)
GunDudes (sort of a "Car Talk" for guns)
Gun Nation
Politics and Guns
Gunfighter Cast
Firearms Cafe
Practical Defense
Gun Talk (Tom Gresham)

I should note that most of the podcasts out there aren't geared toward the more knowledgable shooter, and some of them can be a little too politically-oriented for my taste, but it's a good way to make the time pass.

FlyingHunter
06-04-13, 21:15
Armed American Radio

3 hours weekly featuring Mark Walters as host