PDA

View Full Version : Here's Another Kid / Home Invasion Response

Spurholder
06-04-13, 15:01
In Brooklyn, NYC...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/10-old-fights-off-robbers-home-183158254.html?bcmt_s=m#ugccmt-container

Two would-be robbers met their match on Monday evening when they encountered a brave 10-year-old...

Brave kid, certainly. Wasn't this a movie? :D

SteyrAUG
06-04-13, 15:31
Two armed men forced their way into a home they knew was occupied by children. That was NOT going to end well if they got their way.

I wonder if the kid will be brought up on charges for firing a warning shot?

:D

Seriously, where are all the "kids and guns don't mix" crowd on this one? Good think the kid was able to correctly operate the gun and had the courage to go for the gun and use it.

I would think that is very uncommon.

No.6
06-04-13, 17:14
I sure hope the boy got the NY government's approval before taking possession of the gun from the criminal (opps, sorry home invader). Did it have less than seven rounds in it? I certainly hope so, otherwise he'll incur the wrath of Bloomberg. Is NYC going to press assault charges against the father for slamming the door on the criminal's (dammit, did it again) arm? When will these home owners stop defending themselves and wait for the government to get there to save them an hour later? We just simply can't abide by this independent, self-reliant mindset....

3 AE
06-04-13, 21:05
I wonder if the gun was a revolver, or DAO, or a DA/SA, safety off, etc. He was able to keep his wits about him and knew to go for the gun and stand tall while under extreme stress. That "Fight or Flight" response comes to mind. Sometimes I think a person either has it or not even at a young age. Either way, he did a brave thing. Now for the two teenage girls that opened the door to strangers. Oh yeah, there would be a serious sit down ass chewing going on about their actions. :shout: