PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Navy SEAL 'Warrior Princess' comes out

VooDoo6Actual
06-04-13, 16:00
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/meet-transgender-navy-seal/story?id=19315578

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/Transgender-Navy-SEAL-Warrior-Princess-comes-out-210066251.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/transgendered-woman-served-a-navy-seal-2013-6

Alpha Sierra
06-04-13, 16:04
Not seeing why this is newsworthy. He did his duty, apparently in an honorable way, and left the Navy. If he wants to become her, in her private life, whatever.

CodeRed30
06-04-13, 16:22
It's not whatever when you use the name of your peers to sell your own personal opinion. It shows an extreme lack of respect for the men he/she/it served with.

And that's across the board, not just regarding sexual gender or preference.

montanadave
06-04-13, 16:27
Not seeing why this is newsworthy. He did his duty, apparently in an honorable way, and left the Navy. If he wants to become her, in her private life, whatever.

On this we can agree.

WillBrink
06-04-13, 16:27
http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/meet-transgender-navy-seal/story?id=19315578

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/Transgender-Navy-SEAL-Warrior-Princess-comes-out-210066251.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/transgendered-woman-served-a-navy-seal-2013-6

I saw that and considered posting it, but considering what happens to threads of this nature, it didn't warranted.

Personally: he did his job, served his country, by all accounts did a fine job of it, and if that's what makes him happy (to no longer be a "him" but a "her") all good by me. Why he, now she, felt compelled to write a book on it, I don't know....

I'll thank him for serving in a uniform or a dress. I care not.

GeorgiaBoy
06-04-13, 16:31

Agreed.

steyrman13
06-04-13, 16:36

As other's stated: agreed.
However in the ABC article it seems it is not in He/She's "private" life because he/she wrote a book about it...."Warrior Princess"..... and therefore seems as he is doing as others using it for promotion of their books by telling of their creds of being a Navy Seal...Sounds kind of like the Ghost recon LAPD standoff with statue...a Publicity stunt.

Caeser25
06-04-13, 17:07
Thanks for your service. If they were all of a sudden on the liberty bandwagon, I could dig it, just to promote their left wing agenda, its just propaganda, like the right would use if he wrote a book about traditional marriage.

Army Chief
06-04-13, 17:16
Don't fully grasp the underlying psychology, but isn't a transgendered female just a gay male who wishes to look, act and (possibly) reconfigure his morale kit to female norms? Just because we might agree to call him one doesn't mean that he is, or ever truly will be, an actual woman. Not that this wasn't obviously the next step on the agenda ...

AC

SteyrAUG
06-04-13, 17:18
Well first things first.

He won't be a woman, he will be a man with implants and mutilated genitals fashioned to look like a vagina.

Doesn't matter how many female hormones he might take, he still is going to have a Y chromosome.

But it's his body and if anyone has earned the decision to do things like this, he has earned it.

glocktogo
06-04-13, 17:21
Don't fully grasp the underlying psychology, but isn't a transgendered female just a gay male who wishes to look, act and (possibly) reconfigure his morale kit to female norms? Just because we might agree to call him one doesn't mean that he is, or ever truly will be, an actual woman. Not that this wasn't obviously the next step on the agenda ...

AC

If you read the transcripts, he/she was married, but his/her wife left when he/she came out as TG. He/she is now looking for another woman to share a lesbian relationship.

As I understand it, gender identity isn't the same as sexual orientation, or something like that.

I've told my wife for years that I'm really a lesbian, trapped in a man's body. Guess I can't use that line anymore! :eek:

Edited to add: Skirt or pants, he/she has earned a beer on me if we ever happen to meet. No homo, but thanks for your service to our country! :D

SteyrAUG
06-04-13, 17:25
If you read the transcripts, he/she was married, but his/her wife left when he/she came out as TG. He/she is now looking for another woman to share a lesbian relationship.

As I understand it, gender identity isn't the same as sexual orientation, or something like that.

WOW.

Sometimes I guess I really don't want to know all the details.

But along those lines...

"Where is the bathroom for dolphins?"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7sgpnZ4UX1qb93xto1_500.jpg

Alpha Sierra
06-04-13, 17:37
.. and therefore seems as he is doing as others using it for promotion of their books by telling of their creds of being a Navy Seal....
IDK, being that he served and retired honorably, I sort of think he is entitled to use his personal and professional history in any way that he sees it fit.

SWATcop556
06-04-13, 17:43
He/She has earned the right to do whatever he/she feels will make him/her happy. Not my business.

That being said it's news worthy because it has Navy SEAL in the title, which feels strongly of a publicity stunt or "cashing in" on the SEAL fame of late. If any other TG wrote a book about changing teams no one would pick it up off the bargain bin.

polymorpheous
06-04-13, 18:08
We had a guy at work do the sex change thing.
Weird.

Who's paying for this operation?
It can't be cheap.

jpmuscle
06-04-13, 18:14
Ok, sidestepping the obvious topic at the moment. Did this desire of his now hers manifest itself before or after her time in the service? I'm curious because the psychological assessments special operations soldiers go through are as I understand them pretty rigorous so any sort of anomaly would or should have popped up I would think. If someone is not satisfied with who are what they are this is pretty easily discernible depending on the psychometric instruments being used.

VooDoo6Actual
06-04-13, 18:20
AC

you too heh ?

These are the best explanations I have read on another site so far in following this:

http://gma.yahoo.com/transgender-navy-seal-warrior-princess-comes-005114970--abc-news-topstories.html

"According to Yahoo news (http://abcn.ws/18R6Bme) Beck has not even gone through the sexual reassignment surgery yet, he/she is just on hormone therapy until the operation, and is dressing up as a woman and going out to gay bars in Florida.
Like I said, I have no problem whatsoever with LGBT's -- but classifying Beck as the "first female SEAL" is completely false. Beck isn't even really the first transgender SEAL, because he hasn't gone through the surgery yet.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot."

Ryno12
06-04-13, 18:21
It can't be cheap.

I'll do it for a case of beer...

Sent via Tapatalk

montanadave
06-04-13, 18:22
WOW.

But along those lines...

Can seals and dolphins use the same bathroom?

polymorpheous
06-04-13, 18:23
Ok, sidestepping the obvious topic at the moment. Did this desire of his now hers manifest itself before or after her time in the service? I'm curious because the psychological assessments special operations soldiers go through are as I understand them pretty rigorous so any sort of anomaly would or should have popped up I would think. If someone is not satisfied with who are what they are this is pretty easily discernible depending on the psychometric instruments being used.

Good point.

Ryno12
06-04-13, 18:24

Yeah, as long as there are no killer whales around.

Sent via Tapatalk

jpmuscle
06-04-13, 18:26
For those interested in reading up on Gender Identity Disorder per the DSM

http://www.aclu.org/images/asset_upload_file155_30369.pdf

jpmuscle
06-04-13, 18:55
Good point.

I don't mean to say what I did in a negative sense. Obviously certain personality traits and psychological characteristics are more desirable depending on the partiuclar operational skills and abilities desired or being screened for. Like how people with low level neurotics are likely to be more successful and capable of function under extreme stress when it comes to LE work. Perhaps in the case of the SEAL being discussed the harboring of transgender desires have no correlation to actual duty performance. I don't know. But I would thank that since the military can select the best of the best anyone with any abnormal functioning would be screened out relatively early in the process.

montanadave
06-04-13, 19:08
For those interested in reading up on Gender Identity Disorder per the DSM

http://www.aclu.org/images/asset_upload_file155_30369.pdf

I had a client several years ago diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder. My own background research, particularly in the area of sexual reassignment surgery, was a real eye-opener.

It is a complex disorder and presents a challenging clinical case.

RogerinTPA
06-04-13, 19:28

Agreed.

I googled transgender and was taken aback by the long meandering, almost infinite meanings of the term. It's pretty friggin out there.

kwelz
06-04-13, 19:28

AC

Gender has little to do with who you are attracted to.

Really you have two very different parts of a persons sexuality. Gender Identity. Myself and most others on this board identify as Male and are attracted to women. However there are a number of people with Male genitalia who identify as female yet are still attracted to women. Or female genitalia who identify as male and like women.

I know that most people on here disagree with me and that is fine. But this isn't a binary issue. There are many facets to how a person identifies sexually. Male/female, Gay/strait, Dominate/submissive, Slave/Master. There are any number of combinations of the above.

Magic_Salad0892
06-04-13, 19:31

Really you have two very different parts of a persons sexuality. Gender Identity. Myself and most others on this board identify as Male and are attracted to women. However there are a number of people with Male genitalia who identify as female yet are still attracted to women. Or female genitalia who identify as male and like women.

I know that most people on here disagree with me and that is fine. But this isn't a binary issue. There are many facets to how a person identifies sexually. Male/female, Gay/strait, Dominate/submissive, Slave/Master. There are any number of combinations of the above.

I never knew that.

Thanks kwelz. :)

polymorpheous
06-04-13, 19:32
I'll do it for a case of beer...

Sent via Tapatalk

Oh you nasty.

threeheadeddog
06-04-13, 19:54
This gets my across-the-board lgbt response.

Freedom mean the ability to do what others disagree with if it only effects willing parties. I am full of tolerance for those who wish to do things that I personally find disgusting if it fits that definition. Just dont expect my tolerance to mean that I in any way accept it as normal/moral/ect. Also dont expect me to respond in a supportive manner if you take that freedom to do disgusting things and try to show it as something other than disgusting.

HES
06-04-13, 20:09

AC
Its not so much psychology so much as biology and possibly genetics. I'm not 100% clear but from what I understand this gets classified under Gender Identity Disorder. The general medical consensus is that there is no amount of counseling that will "fix" someone and make them not want to transition. The general reports are that these individuals are "driven" to change. Those who cannot (financial reason, societal pressures, etc..) have a much higher rate of suicide than the general population. The question is where is the drive coming from? Biology where the fetus is exposed to a hormone imbalance en utero? Genetics where a persona may appear to be one gender, but has the chromosomes of the opposite gender. The difference between someone who has GID Vs. is homosexual is that homosexuals like being their gender. They just like sex with those of the same gender. People who have GID actually hate their gender. They desperately want to transition. Some may be driven to suicide as I mentioned. Others may wind up mutilating themselves out of desperation.

It can't be cheap.
Which is why so many will wind up committing crimes in order to finance their transition. There is a huge black market for hormones. That in of its self is damned dangerous with out medical supervision. Others wind up working for a company with a good health care plan. Others may seek employment with a municipality that provides such coverage. Those who refuse to break the law and cannot find such coverage, suffer.

For the record, I'm quite damned happy with my twigs and berries, have no effing desire to play for the other team, and firmly believe that fuchsia is a made up bull shit color designed to drive husbands crazy. :D

However I am married to a fantastic woman who is in the middle of going from RN to ARNP and just decided to get her DNP. So I get to see things from the medical POV. Having worked for companies like IBM in the past has exposed me to people I wouldn't normally have been. Also having close friends and family change after HS and do their own things has caused me to change my perspective.

Army Chief
06-04-13, 20:10

Its not so much psychology so much as biology and possibly genetics.

Cannot really agree at face value with either point, but I do appreciate the manner in which you gentlemen chose to share your insights.

I need to bow out of this one, as I've had my fill of these kinds of threads.

Enjoy ... and behave.

AC

kwelz
06-04-13, 20:20
Cannot really agree at face value with either point, but I do appreciate the manner in which you gentlemen chose to share your insights.

Enjoy ... and behave.

AC

You suck and are a terrible shot..

There feel better? ;)

Army Chief
06-04-13, 20:22
You suck and are a terrible shot..

There feel better? ;)

Much. ;)

AC

Ryno12
06-04-13, 20:25
...I've had my fill of these kinds of threads.
AC

I agree. It'd be nice to go a few weeks (better yet... a few years), without a gay related topic.

Sent via Tapatalk

HES
06-04-13, 20:31

Enjoy ... and behave.

AC
No problem. I'm gonna head off to my bunker now as well for the same reason.

Oh one thing if I may, when it came to issues like this, I used to be like :blink: but due to what I mentioned above, I've come to realize some things just are what they are. When it comes to people who suffer (and I mean that) from GID I actually have a lot of pity for them and the hell they, and if they marry, their families go through. Many of them spend years in self hate and self disgust. Many try to over compensate. Then they come to the cross roads and admit to themselves who they've always been. Then there are years of self hate and disgust for how it will affect their loved ones.

One final thing and then I promise I'll shut up. People who suffer from GID are completely different from drag queens and cross dressers. Those people simply get a thrill from dressing up and have no idea to completely change their gender.

Gutshot John
06-04-13, 21:35
I'm curious because the psychological assessments special operations soldiers go through are as I understand them pretty rigorous so any sort of anomaly would or should have popped up I would think.

Here's an idea...shhhhhh...it's not an anomaly.

I know? Crazy right?

Mind blown. :suicide:

crowkiller
06-04-13, 22:38
This SEAL can be set free from this and anyone else struggling with this sin or any other sin can be set free by Jesus Christ the Son of God. The problem is sin and we all inherited a sin nature from Adam but if we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior admitt we are a sinner accept the pardon through what He did at the Cross we shall be saved and born again in Christ. Christ died so that we might live.

kwelz
06-04-13, 23:08
This SEAL can be set free from this and anyone else struggling with this sin or any other sin can be set free by Jesus Christ the Son of God. The problem is sin and we all inherited a sin nature from Adam but if we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior admitt we are a sinner accept the pardon through what He did at the Cross we shall be saved and born again in Christ. Christ died so that we might live.

You realize not everyone believes as you do right?

jpmuscle
06-04-13, 23:21

I know? Crazy right?

And your point is what?

SteyrAUG
06-05-13, 01:52

Maybe the time has finally come to have a "Religious Discussion" sub forum.

glocktogo
06-05-13, 02:12

Sent via Tapatalk

Talk about a case of bladder shyness! :D

glocktogo
06-05-13, 02:14
WOW.

But along those lines...

Sent via Tapatalk

Talk about a case of bladder shyness! :D

Alpha Sierra
06-05-13, 04:21
You realize not everyone believes as you do right?
I'm sure he does, just like not everyone believes these aberrations are natural.

Nightvisionary
06-05-13, 04:52

Do you realize what you are describing is the adult version of Santa Claus?

ClearedHot
06-05-13, 07:31

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22884706.jpg

Army Chief
06-05-13, 07:43
Stay on topic, boys.

AC

MarkG
06-05-13, 07:48
Why he, now she, felt compelled to write a book on it, I don't know....

Really? The answer is, what the answer always is... $$$

RCI1911
06-05-13, 07:50
Why he, now she, felt compelled to write a book on it, I don't know....

Money.

....guess I should have read to the bottom of the thread MK18Pilot ;)

montanadave
06-05-13, 07:52
Stay on topic, boys.

AC

But, Dad (spoken in best whining, pleading voice), this is the best part! Belloc is gonna slide down the chimney any second. :laugh:

Army Chief
06-05-13, 08:04
But, Dad (spoken in best whining, pleading voice), this is the best part! Belloc is gonna slide down the chimney any second. :laugh:

Actually, Belloc is serving time on an extended GD ban. I took no pleasure in doing that, but am serious about regaining control over these kinds of threads. Besides, aren't you actually thinking of Santa Claus? ;)

Now, back to the lipstick-wearing ex-SEAL discussion, or whatever this is ...

AC

Koshinn
06-05-13, 10:15
I'm sure he does, just like not everyone believes these aberrations are natural.

It's obviously not natural... Hormone therapy and maybe even surgery can't be called natural by any means.

But just because it isn't natural doesn't mean it's wrong. We owe our modern world to, essentially, making the unnatural possible.

Not really directed at you, just the general readership of the thread.

TMS951
06-05-13, 10:21
Am I missing something here? Why are we or the article referring to him as her?

Unless I have suffered a total reading comprehension fail he is still a he. He just mentally feels like a woman, and "identifies" as a woman. Maybe now dresses like a woman?

IMO regardless of what ever mental disorder you are born with if you have man parts you are a man.

Regardless I am grateful for HIS service and hope HE finds happiness in his pursuit of becoming a woman. It is my understanding that his disorder is a very difficult one to live with and the a sex change operation would bring him happiness.

RWK
06-05-13, 10:46
Am I missing something here? Why are we or the article referring to him as her?

Because that's what passes for a journalistic standard nowadays. I say "it".

crowkiller
06-05-13, 10:47
Its OK fellas 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
18*For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19*For it is written:
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”[a]
20*Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21*For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22*For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23*but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks[b] foolishness, 24*but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25*Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

I'm bowing out of this thread but first if anyone wants to know more of Christ pm me and I'll be more than happy share. I pray that you guys have a Damascus road experience as Paul . No matter how much some of yall attack and fight against Jesus know that still He loves you and died for you. I have met alcoholics, drug addicts, homosexuals, lesbians, depressed, broken, porn addicts, drug dealers, prostitutes etc that have been saved and delivered by the Power of God. In my recent post I provided both the cause and the answer.

Ryno12
06-05-13, 12:08
At least now I feel better about skipping church this Sunday...

Sent via Tapatalk

skydivr
06-05-13, 12:09
I thank the MAN for his service to his country.

What he chooses to do afterwards is his own business even though I think it's a really bad decision on his part.

What bothers ME is that this story shouldn't be anything more about a dude that for some reason decides he wants to try and be a dudette for outward appearances (no matter what, there's no medical proceedure that can MAKE A MAN INTO A WOMAN - only appear to look like one) but somehow he becomes a LBGT standard-bearer because of his former avocation. Next think you know they are going to push for people currently serving to be able to change gender (again, only appearance) - and the Army FUND it...think i'm crazy just watch...

Koshinn
06-05-13, 12:15
(no matter what, there's no medical proceedure that can MAKE A MAN INTO A WOMAN - only appear to look like one)
Yet! Muahahahha /madscientistlaugh
Brain transplant, aka full body transplant, could be possible in the future. So could radical gene therapy to change chromosomes. Or maybe something as "simple" as female internal sexual organ transplant (from a donor)... But that makes me wonder about the eggs and if it's possible to create more with the new host's dna instead of the donor's. OR maybe grow the organs from the TG's stem cells or something.

And btw it's not that he just wants to try being female. He identifies himself as female but wasn't born that way physically. That doesn't make him gay necessarily.

And on "him" vs "her" it usually depends on what stage of operation, but can also just be as the person wishes. "It" is disrespectful due to how shitty English is as a language... There isn't a gender/sex neutral replacement for him/her and "it" refers to inanimate objects. Do you call baby's whose sex is unknown an "it" or would parents take offense to that? So anyway, just pick one until his legal status changes to "her." Lots of English majors have differing ideas of this like using "xe" for example. Stupid English.

06-05-13, 12:27
He believes what he believes. It is not up to us to decide his eternal fate. I'm a practicing Jew and see no need for JC, if someone else does, I'm cool with it. If someone doesn't, I'm cool with it.

Koshinn
06-05-13, 12:30
He believes what he believes. It is not up to us to decide his eternal fate. I'm a practicing Jew and see no need for JC, if someone else does, I'm cool with it. If someone doesn't, I'm cool with it.

I, for one, believe in John Connor.

skydivr
06-05-13, 12:32
Yet! Muahahahha /madscientistlaugh
Brain transplant, aka full body transplant, could be possible in the future. So could radical gene therapy to change chromosomes. Or maybe something as "simple" as female internal sexual organ transplant (from a donor)... But that makes me wonder about the eggs and if it's possible to create more with the new host's dna instead of the donor's. OR maybe grow the organs from the TG's stem cells or something.

And btw it's not that he just wants to try being female. He identifies himself as female but wasn't born that way physically. That doesn't make him gay necessarily.

And on "him" vs "her" it usually depends on what stage of operation, but can also just be as the person wishes. "It" is disrespectful due to how shitty English is as a language... There isn't a gender/sex neutral replacement for him/her and "it" refers to inanimate objects. Do you call baby's whose sex is unknown an "it" or would parents take offense to that? So anyway, just pick one until his legal status changes to "her." Lots of English majors have differing ideas of this like using "xe" for example. Stupid English.

I respectfully disagree. Born a man, die a man disfigured into looking like a woman maybe. Legal status does not equal what you were born as.

The only one's I see who have any standing in this matter to make a choice would be those who were born with boy parts and girl parts both.

Koshinn
06-05-13, 12:36
I respectfully disagree. Born a man, die a man disfigured into looking like a woman maybe. Legal status does not equal what you were born as.

The only one's I see who have any standing in this matter to make a choice would be those who were born with boy parts and girl parts both.

So your only criteria is what you were born as, not what you actually are?

WillBrink
06-05-13, 12:42
Really? The answer is, what the answer always is... $$$

Probably true. Lots of guys have cashed in on their SOF experiences after risking life and limb for very little pay.

I know some in the community feel it's not befitting "the quiet professional" and some are of the opinion they have every right to cash in considering what they gave and risked.

Personally, I feel only those from that community have the right to judge that one and that's for them to decide.

Obviously, this particular angle of cashing in is rather unprecedented, but I'm sure he (she) has personal reasons for it beyond just the $$$.

What I can is:

There but for the grace of god go I

skydivr
06-05-13, 12:47
So your only criteria is what you were born as, not what you actually are?

Can I be less factual? Don't know how it get's any simpler....

TMS951
06-05-13, 12:52

I totally agree with you that with a sex change operation he is still a man with man parts disfigured to look like a womans, and unnaturally pumped full of hormones his body does not produce.

But I think the important point here is that it will make him feel better and not at the expense of any one else. It will make HIM feel more like the woman that his brain is telling him he is.

I do find it interesting he served 20 years as a SEAL identifying as a man before deciding to start to become a woman, my understanding is his disorder is one you are born with, much like homosexuality. Why he was able to last so long as a man and now wants to be a woman is weird to me. (and have one of the most manly vocations at that)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-05-13, 12:54
He conquered all the man stuff, now he is gonna go conquer all the lady stuff.

Nightvisionary
06-05-13, 12:58
He should get together with Joanna Rohrback and produce the "Ultimate US Navy SEALs Prancercise Workout" video. I can see the commercial now. For 3 easy payments of $9.95 you can Prancercise your way to better health with Americas top tier one operator. :D

skullworks
06-05-13, 13:07
This :thumbup:

brickboy240
06-05-13, 13:37
Dude looks like a lady!

LOL

-brickboy240

Moltke
06-05-13, 13:37

Ha. Nice.

What's next? Becoming a cyborg?

SteyrAUG
06-05-13, 13:43

Could it all be this is just a diabolical plan to bang other chicks and have half the country celebrate him as a hero for doing it?

Koshinn
06-05-13, 14:19
Ha. Nice.

He's going to become Shark and kill every sea creature with just his mouth.

TAZ
06-05-13, 14:26
I'm confused... First why do we as a society even give a shit about his sex change?? Really. No news about Benghazi or FF or anything else that Bush screwed up??

Second. He is genetically and anatomically a dude who apparently likes to have sex with women. Now he wants to become an anatomic female and still have sex with women.

This sounds a lot like an Animal House prank to get into the girls locker room.

Moltke
06-05-13, 14:29
Could it all be this is just a diabolical plan to bang other chicks and have half the country celebrate him as a hero for doing it?

He's like a transgender supervillain and they're all playing into his hands... albeit now moisturized with painted nails.

Moltke
06-05-13, 14:30
I'm confused... First why do we as a society even give a shit about his sex change?? Really. No news about Benghazi or FF or anything else that Bush screwed up??

Second. He is genetically and anatomically a dude who apparently likes to have sex with women. Now he wants to become an anatomic female and still have sex with women.

This sounds a lot like an Animal House prank to get into the girls locker room.

Bush was responsible for Benghazi and FF?

WillBrink
06-05-13, 14:33

You can sign me up. Put my brain in a cool cyborg body, via countless sci fi stories, and I'm in.

I'm dead serious. Its unlikely I, or perhaps even human kind, will live long enough to see it, but put me on the list. :cool:

Ryno12
06-05-13, 15:00
I'm dead serious. Its unlikely I, or perhaps even human kind, will live long enough to see it, but put me on the list. :cool:

It's already being done, albeit not to Darth Vader scale but it's out there.

Sent via Tapatalk

Moltke
06-05-13, 15:04
If youre talking about the guy who implanted magnetics under his skin on Discovery, that's probably a bad idea being that someone can now rip his limps off with an electromagnet.

Ryno12
06-05-13, 15:09
If youre talking about the guy who implanted magnetics under his skin on Discovery, that's probably a bad idea being that someone can now rip his limps off with an electromagnet.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, only to the fact that people are dabbling in it already.

Sent via Tapatalk

skullworks
06-05-13, 15:16
To be honest though, he (now she) has been more than a productive member of society. How does his decision to become her impede on any of the rest of us our ability to live our lives as we wish according to our own beliefs? If this makes him/her happy, who are we to judge?

WillBrink
06-05-13, 15:32
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, only to the fact that people are dabbling in it already.

Sent via Tapatalk

Nothing remotely at the level I'm talking about but there's some success with brain interface and computers or implanted chips and such that's pretty exciting. As far as time frames, have you checked out The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near

WillBrink
06-05-13, 15:36
To be honest though, he (now she) has been more than a productive member of society. How does his decision to become her impede on any of the rest of us our ability to live our lives as we wish according to our own beliefs? If this makes him/her happy, who are we to judge?

I'm in full agreement but have you read some of the other threads?! :D

skydivr
06-05-13, 15:38
I think I said earlier, if he wants to do this, fine with me as he's earned his right to do what he wants. Not for me, but hope it makes him happy.

What I don't like is it being promoted so hard by the press - there is a motive and it has nothing to do with him.

brickboy240
06-05-13, 15:50
I agree.

I really don't care what he-she does after service.

However, big media is spot-lighting this with an agenda in mind. They are basically using this person and that is sad.

-brickboy240

Ryno12
06-05-13, 15:54
As far as time frames, have you checked out The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near

I have not & by just scanning the wiki page, I've determined that I don't have the mental capacity to wrap my head around most of that... at least not without having my own chip installed. ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

Koshinn
06-05-13, 16:27
I have not & by just scanning the wiki page, I've determined that I don't have the mental capacity to wrap my head around most of that... at least not without having my own chip installed. ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

There's a documentary by that guy on Netflix. Transhumanism or something like that. It's pretty crazy. I really like the idea of h+. It's the execution I'm worried about.

TAZ
06-05-13, 16:57
Bush was responsible for Benghazi and FF?

Woops forgot the sarcasm thingie at the end of the Bush statement.

Moose-Knuckle
06-05-13, 18:00
I'm curious because the psychological assessments special operations soldiers go through are as I understand them pretty rigorous so any sort of anomaly would or should have popped up I would think. If someone is not satisfied with who are what they are this is pretty easily discernible depending on the psychometric instruments being used.

I know? Crazy right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for a person to be a canidate for gender reassignment surgery said person must first be diagonsed with a gender identity disorder no?

jaxman7
06-05-13, 18:13
So men such as Danny Dietz and Chris Kyle are killed and this makes more news in the media than what happened to either. I respect the man for his service and not very keen to know anymore just because of how the media focuses on stupid insubstantial things and negelects the truly admirable.

-Jax

WillBrink
06-05-13, 18:17
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for a person to be a canidate for gender reassignment surgery said person must first be diagonsed with a gender identity disorder no?

Not my lane, but if he checked out as psychologically fit for the job (notice I didn't use the term "normal") and didn't divulge to the docs he felt he identified with female gender, they'd never know he had the "disorder" no?

No doubt the screening process is very extensive, but people have hid far deeper darker secrets from the screening process.

Just my guess. Maybe docs have a report with a note something like "we suspect dude thinks he's a woman trapped in a man's body, but he's otherwise a solid soldier who does damn good work so he passes" :D

WillBrink
06-05-13, 18:19
So men such as Danny Dietz and Chris Kyle are killed and this makes more news in the media than what happened to either. I respect the man for his service and not very keen to know anymore just because of how the media focuses on stupid insubstantial things and negelects the truly admirable.

-Jax

And we guard our children with gun free zone signs and our money with armed men. Priorities of the damned sir, priorities of the damned. :(

Moose-Knuckle
06-05-13, 19:00
Not my lane, but if he checked out as psychologically fit for the job (notice I didn't use the term "normal") and didn't divulge to the docs he felt he identified with female gender, they'd never know he had the "disorder" no?

No doubt the screening process is very extensive, but people have hid far deeper darker secrets from the screening process.

Just my guess. Maybe docs have a report with a note something like "we suspect dude thinks he's a woman trapped in a man's body, but he's otherwise a solid soldier who does damn good work so he passes" :D

Oh no doubt, anyone can learn what the interviewer(s) wants to hear.

We had a former patrol sergeant that took the plunge and had gender reassignment surgery once his mother passed away. I always thought it was ironic that he didn’t display these “urges” until his mother who he had held in high regard passed away, but I digress. Our department allowed this individual to return as a patrol officer after “she” was medically cleared for active duty. They treated this individual with kid gloves as they did not want to be in the national spot light for offending the LGBT community. My thought was always on the fact in order for him to become a “she” he had to be diagnosed with a psychological disorder which is an employment disqualifier. We had one guy who had to resign due to his PTSD, the poor guy could never re-adjust to the world after returning from Iraq and would wreck squads regularly as he was always speeding and swerving to avoid IEDs that weren’t there. The transgender officer was eventually put on a desk before “she” retired due to wrecking vehicles as well. The joke was when she was a male he could drive but he couldn't drive worth a damn once he became a "she".

And we guard our children with gun free zone signs and our money with armed men. Priorities of the damned sir, priorities of the damned. :(

I always found it ironic that the NHTSA regulates that prisoner transports have to have a seat belt for every prisoner in the vehicle but they do not require seat belts for children on school buses.

jpmuscle
06-05-13, 19:32

Ill do some research but as I understand it in most if not all cases yes. A diagnosis not only needs to be made but the client has to go through extensive therapy prior to any procedures being undertaken to ensure they are fully committed. Or atleast that is the ethical thing to do. If someone walks in and says Ill pay cash to do this things get fuzzy.

jaxman7
06-05-13, 19:46

Will,

Sadly I have to agree brother.

-Jax

SeriousStudent
06-05-13, 20:38
And I think that's probably a really good place to stop.

Folks have had a chance to have their say, and discuss the issue. Just about everyone has stayed civil, which is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody.