PDA

View Full Version : Primers in stock

williejc
06-05-13, 18:12
Check out Natchez Shooters Supply for fair price primers.

Ryno12
06-05-13, 18:45
Sure 'nuf, all CCI. I've been seeing them available quite a bit lately at various vendors.
http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?subCategory=362&catLevel=2

Sent via Tapatalk

Tzed250
06-05-13, 20:04
Check out Natchez Shooters Supply for fair price primers.

$20 to ship four boxes of primers seems a bit high.

thei3ug
06-05-13, 21:20
Between the price, the hazmat fee, the shipping cost, and the limit per order, it's difficult to bear unless you're hungry.

markm
06-06-13, 07:49
$20 to ship four boxes of primers seems a bit high.

Classic Natchozz rip off on shipping. :rolleyes:

Tzed250
06-06-13, 07:55
If you could order 10K primers at that rate I might be able to see it, but 4K primers weigh nearly nothing and fit in a small box. $8 should cover it.

markm
06-06-13, 07:59
If you could order 10k, the ship rate would go up exponentially.

I don't even put shit in my cart an Natchos any more. It's an excersize in futility.

Ryno12
06-06-13, 08:09
Their catalog goes straight from my mailbox to the garbage can. I've looked it over a few times & none of their prices ever impressed me.
The only thing I found interesting here is that it's CCI primers that are in stock again. They're the only ones that I ever see becoming available as of lately.

Sent via Tapatalk

markm
06-06-13, 08:14
Their catalog goes straight from my mailbox to the garbage can.

Same here. It always has an uninviting Fuddish cover too. :p

Ryno12
06-06-13, 08:18
Same here. It always has an uninviting Fuddish cover too. :p

:D That's funny... I always thought the same thing.

Sent via Tapatalk

Pork Chop
06-06-13, 08:44
I've noticed that screwing customers on shipping is the new en vogue money maker. I truly love MidwayUSA, but their shipping is bordering on the absurd anymore as well.

In contrast, I ordered an ALG trigger from Primary Arms last night on the Father's Day sale & shipping was $3.00, so I know it's still possible to treat people right.

I've ordered from Natchez a grand total of one time for an item I couldn't find elsewhere. Now, their catalog hits the recycle barrel on its way in from the mailbox.

Glad to see primers in stock anywhere, though.

duece71
06-06-13, 08:56
I try to buy local for primers and powder to avoid the hazmat fee, if I can find any that is.

markm
06-06-13, 11:25
I try to buy local for primers and powder to avoid the hazmat fee, if I can find any that is.

Back 6 months we bought a few 10k shipments of WOLF SRMs for 19 dollars per thousand to the front door from Wideners.

The don't even list them on the site anymore. :(

MrSmitty
06-06-13, 11:41
A vendor at one of the local gun shows has had an incredible amount of WOLF SRM primers but at $40 per k I've been avoiding them. If I start to run out and they still have them I may consider though. I'd have to pay at least $40 for anything else locally so...

markm
06-06-13, 11:51
Pappabear bought some for about that from Brunos. :(

We'll aim harder when we fire those rounds. :p

MrSmitty
06-06-13, 11:59
Haha yeah don't waste them...

I know they're an excellent primer and the price isn't terrible compared to other primers but I get cranky when I remember them listed for $13 per k...

titanse05
06-06-13, 12:07
Wow after looking at these prices I'm so glad I stocked up on Wolf SR223 primers last November from Wideners @ $14 per 1,000 before shipping and hazmat. Combined an order with my cousin to max-out the hazmat and we ended up with 28k Wolf SRP, 8lb TAC, 1lb CFE and 1k Hornady 55gr zmax bullets.

Natchez catalog goes right in the trash at my house as well. Midway thru last year I ordered a case of PMC bronze that mysteriously went out of stock shortly after I placed the order. Then more came in stock two weeks later at a gouged price. Never again.

j-dubya
06-06-13, 12:26
I ended up having to buy the Wolf SRMs yesterday from ammunitionstore.com for $49.99/1000. The only reason I caved on the price was free hazmat and free shipping for 5000. I have never used these Wolf SRMs, but I am used to buying and using BR4s for about the same price.

markm
06-06-13, 12:39
I have never used these Wolf SRMs, but I am used to buying and using BR4s for about the same price.

Let us know how they do. On one load we shot with H322, WOLF SRMs kicked BR4's butt. I mean a HUGE improvement in group size at 100m with SMKs.

Ranger325
06-06-13, 12:44
........ but I get cranky when I remember them listed for $13 per k...

I'll bet you remember nickel popcorn at the movies too!! :D
I just saw Sm Pistol Primers at the Cabela's in MI - $39/k. At least they had some on the shelves.

ScatmanCrothers
06-06-13, 12:49
I ended up having to buy the Wolf SRMs yesterday from ammunitionstore.com for $49.99/1000. The only reason I caved on the price was free hazmat and free shipping for 5000. I have never used these Wolf SRMs, but I am used to buying and using BR4s for about the same price.

I overpaid for Wolf SRMs too. Still popping some BR4's out of the APS sleeves I got before Brunos cut em, but they're running low. I like what i've seen from the Wolf though, just want those original prices back.

T2C
06-06-13, 12:51
A few of my local gun shops have small rifle and pistol primers in stock. Prices range from $31 to $42 per thousand.

theblackknight
06-06-13, 13:41
A few of my local gun shops have small rifle and pistol primers in stock. Prices range from $31 to $42 per thousand.

that's great. One of my local gouge shops had win LPP's for 60per k and another had fed match SPP for 50per. They are still on the shelf as of now.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

markm
06-06-13, 13:50
that's great. One of my local gouge shops had win LPP's for 60per k and another had fed match SPP for 50per. They are still on the shelf as of now.

That's a good start. Keep em on the shelf and they'll start piling up... and the prices will start trickling down.

interfan
06-06-13, 14:24
Natchez does gouge a bit for shipping. The costs are pretty high, but outside of a very few companies for components, shipping is sky high anyway.

I was able to buy the Fiocchi SPPs when they had the box of 12K at Midway. The shipping wasn't bad (hazmat plus $11), but the packing was terrible (unusual for Midway) and I lost around 40% of them due to the box being mangled by UPS. Hopefully the monkeys working had some exciting times when the primers got caught in the sorting machine (that's around 4800 primers floating around to ruin someone's day in brown truck land).

Midway does things very well on the customer service side. One phone call, a pic emailed, and the box weighed and they credited me back for the lost primers by weight. Granted, I would rather have the primers, but excellent customer service nonetheless.

Don't mean to threadjack, carry on.