PDA

View Full Version : Lets's see some paperwork...

Karabiner
06-05-13, 22:28
M4 Friends,

Allow me to direct a bit of an odd request your direction this evening. I currently make my living as as technical writer/designer. And as a young, ambitious man, I still entertain many delusions of using my skill sets and education in the exact fields and industries of my personnel interests. In reality, my pursuit of decent wage earning/business success will likely doom me to the depths of a cube land sweat shop cranking out online help articles or those product manuals that cause you to curse the day that writer was born for his god awful assembly/usage instructions.

That said, I have yet to embrace that reality. At this time, I am researching the intersection between my skills and our shared passion for the small arms community in the hope that I might find an opportunity to contribute in some way. The first phase of this process is to recon the objective.

To do this well, I need your help. I would like to see the finest examples of quality documentation that you have ever seen for any products related to the small arms/military/law enforcement support industries. Examples are:

- Manuals
- Quick start guides
- Assembly Instructions
- Support Documents
- Product Brochures/pamphlets
- Marketing materials

There are many more types...but

If it is written material, and you found it to be written and/or designed especially well; I would like to see it. Please feel free to post links, references, or shoot me a PM.

- K