PDA

View Full Version : Santa Monica CA College Shooting

SkiDevil
06-07-13, 15:48
Another School Shooting

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9130989

Details still not clear and early reports state at least 3 victims and 1 shooter in custody.

President Obama visit motorcade in the area not affected according to U.S. Secret Service spokesman.

Several eyewitnesses describe guman as a White male adult wearing Black clothing, boots, body armor, and carrying a rifle. Photos from one broadcast appear to show .223 brass in street next to school library.

jpmuscle
06-07-13, 15:54
But but its a gun free zone!

:rolleyes:

a1fabweld
06-07-13, 16:03
Why what perfect timing with all the anti bills passing through CA currently.

Caeser25
06-07-13, 16:17
Prayers. I bet it CA AWB compliant.

Phillygunguy
06-07-13, 16:22
I hope there were no fatalities just injuries. But no doubt here comes the Antigun shit again:mad:

Zane1844
06-07-13, 16:23
Why what perfect timing with all the anti bills passing through CA currently.

WAIT HOW WAS THIS POSSIBLE IN AN AWB STATE, AND A GUN FREE ZONE??? :confused:

Indeed perfect timing and execution...white male, body armor, .223 brass? They are getting good at this.

Phillygunguy
06-07-13, 16:50
Its Like become every time there's a shooting I donate to the NRA automatically because I know what's coming, just gave $25 but I'm getting sick of this. Not donating, but the shit that's coming

Noodles
06-07-13, 16:54
Holy hell do they LOVE their toys!

http://s10.postimg.org/sp6b1z3ef/Capture2.png

In 4 photos on CNN, I see at least 5 different type of optics, HK 416s, a Colt Commando, an MP5, another imagine had some other M4 and an HK G36, and then that top right image where they don't even appear to be police anymore.

I see the state is bankrupt, but the emergency response teams have PLENTY of money for all the cool gear.

jpmuscle
06-07-13, 16:58

In 4 photos on CNN, I see at least 5 different type of optics, HK 416s, a Colt Commando, an MP5, another imagine had some other M4 and an HK G36, and then that top right image where they don't even appear to be police anymore.

I see the state is bankrupt, but the emergency response teams have PLENTY of money for all the cool gear.

Stop annoying the police state!!! :lol:

No.6
06-07-13, 17:00

Indeed perfect timing and execution...white male, body armor, .223 brass? They are getting good at this.

Tin foil hat/government conspiracy? Or could it be that they are just trying to get in their 15 minutes of fame before the guns are confiscated?

jpmuscle
06-07-13, 17:05
Tin foil hat/government conspiracy? Or could it be that they are just trying to get in their 15 minutes of fame before the guns are confiscated?

?? The shooter or the media reporting?

GeorgiaBoy
06-07-13, 17:07

You are just "sour grapes"! :D

(I was called that once for making fun of PD's and their toys)

Phillygunguy
06-07-13, 17:42
Fox news reported a witness said the shooter was white with cornrow hair black overalls and had a pistol and shotgun no mention of an " assault rifle"

Airhasz
06-07-13, 17:51
Can the general public be getting somewhat immune to the heavy media coverage of all the shootings lately?

Rattlehead
06-07-13, 17:54
Can the general public be getting somewhat immune to the heavy media coverage of all the shootings lately?

Not in California. Especially with all the new bills introduced this year.

Mauser KAR98K
06-07-13, 18:26
White male--25-30 years of age, AR-15, shot at police and moved in and around the college campus, fired at students while fleeing from police. he is confirmed DRT.

Half a dozen victims killed, reported.

Moose-Knuckle
06-07-13, 18:27
Another School Shooting . . .

Several eyewitnesses describe guman as a White male adult wearing Black clothing, boots, body armor, and carrying a rifle.

Conveient and predictable . . . :rolleyes:

It would appear this started out as something else . . .

The shooting began in a neighborhood near the campus, where witnesses say a man dressed in black shot up a house where two people were found dead inside.
http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-1-victim-santa-monica-shooting-died-222735749.html

Phillygunguy
06-07-13, 18:42
I think the former actually

Honu
06-07-13, 19:20

this will be the argue point
problem is these machine guns come in from other states ! this is why we need a national ban on all guns ! and this kinda tragedy wont happen ?

sadly people are so stupid that half will buy into this idiocy !

Zane1844
06-07-13, 20:26
this will be the argue point
problem is these machine guns come in from other states ! this is why we need a national ban on all guns ! and this kinda tragedy wont happen ?

sadly people are so stupid that half will buy into this idiocy !

Yup, except when a nutjob leaks through the cracks of military, Police Force, etc. And decides to start killing people..or if hundreds and thousands do that...yeah it cannot happen though. :rolleyes:

What I said could be "tinfoil," it does not matter, though. The end is the same: the attack against gun ownership will continue.

feedramp
06-07-13, 22:59
Meanwhile, in Texas: http://intellihub.com/2013/06/04/hundreds-of-gunowners-show-up-in-temple-tx-with-loaded-guns-at-the-come-and-take-it-march/

jpmuscle
06-07-13, 23:01
Meanwhile, in Texas: http://intellihub.com/2013/06/04/hundreds-of-gunowners-show-up-in-temple-tx-with-loaded-guns-at-the-come-and-take-it-march/

Ha, the hitler spoof was great.

jpmuscle
06-07-13, 23:07
Ive read stories that he was was armed with a semiautomatic rifle and then others where he was armed with a shotty and pistol. Which is it?

SteyrAUG
06-07-13, 23:47

Didn't we just have a discussion a month ago where several people basically said such a demonstration would be a recipe for disaster that would result in several injuries or fatalities which would cause all the fence sitters to become anti gun?

Mac5.56
06-08-13, 00:22
What in the heck are these two carrying???

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130607172228-09-santa-monica-shooting-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Alaskapopo
06-08-13, 00:34

You want the guys going after gun men like this armed well. Remember the LA Bank Robbery several years back when the cops only had shotguns and pistols and it did not go so well. Plus these weapons were most likely in their inventory long before the financial woes. Plus in the grand scheme of things the cost of guns is not that much of of the financial pie. Also what you would like to see them armed with? Lever guns and six shooters? Also many of the things you see may have been purchased by the officers themselves with their own money. I run my own SCAR 17 with a Trijicon Accupoint on top. With the gun, mags, trigger, rail extension I have over 4K of my own money into my patrol rifle.
Pat

Skyyr
06-08-13, 00:45

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130607172228-09-santa-monica-shooting-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Those look like 416's with Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T's.

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 02:34
Ive read stories that he was was armed with a semiautomatic rifle and then others where he was armed with a shotty and pistol. Which is it?

Kind of like how Adam Lanza's mothers AR-15 was reported to have been found in the trunk of his car located in the parking lot . . . or how Dzhokhar Tsarnaev held HRT at bay in a fierce gun battle that raged for hours from inside a boat and then shot himself in the throat as he gave himself up yet no firearms were recovered at the scene . . . or how Ibragim Todashev (suspect linked to Boston bombers) was shot by an FBI interviewer after he attacked him with a cutting instrument that was never found then the story was changed to a table.

Inconsistencies such as these will always be disregarded and afforded to inaccuracies in journalism.

grunz
06-08-13, 04:07
I'm all for the good guys, but I have to admit that it's funny/odd/interesting/troubling to see the crowds of cops kitted out live CAG/DEVGRU guys responding I every active shooter situation these days. Boston was noteworthy to me because of the armored HMMVES all oer, anybody care to guess where the thousands of Surplus MRAPS will end up next? :)

jklaughrey
06-08-13, 04:25
Updates:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337645/BREAKING-NEWS-SIX-dead-gunmen-sets-building-ablaze-opens-random-vehicles-outside-Santa-Monica-college--just-couple-miles-Obama-attending-fundraiser.html

Courtesy of the British!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Crow Hunter
06-08-13, 07:51
So still no pictures or confirmation about the AR-15.

I assume that it really was one, since his "tactical vest" was one designed to hold 30rd AR sized mags based on the UK pictures.

Was it a "Cali" abortion or a "real" AR-15 from Free America?

I want to hear about how the laws in place prevented him from obtaining a real AR.

Then I want to hear how laws banning semi-automatics (what is coming in Cali, I figure) would have prevented someone from doing what he did with a lever action 30-30 and a revolver or a double barrel and a mix of buck/slugs.

brushy bill
06-08-13, 08:03
Was it a "Cali" abortion or a "real" AR-15 from Free America?

I am wondering the same

Alex V
06-08-13, 08:27
Thought with the families who lost loved ones.

Great... Just when ammo prices were coming down... Let the next buying craze begin!

Armati
06-08-13, 08:53

Good grief.

Clearly all of the purchasing is being done by Asian airsofters - 10" HK416, Leupold CQT, and Grip Pods? WTF?

jonconsiglio
06-08-13, 10:06
Good grief.

Clearly all of the purchasing is being done by Asian airsofters - 10" HK416, Leupold CQT, and Grip Pods? WTF?

Haha!

Personally, I'm happy to see law enforcement armed well. I just wish the software matched the hardware.

Todd.K
06-08-13, 10:26
So you believe all the "unnamed sources familiar with..." are a part of a disinformation conspiracy, rather than simply passing on wrong second hand info to a media that doesn't bother to try and confirm it?

Kind of like how Adam Lanza's mothers AR-15 was reported to have been found in the trunk of his car located in the parking lot . . . or how Dzhokhar Tsarnaev held HRT at bay in a fierce gun battle that raged for hours from inside a boat and then shot himself in the throat as he gave himself up yet no firearms were recovered at the scene . . . or how Ibragim Todashev (suspect linked to Boston bombers) was shot by an FBI interviewer after he attacked him with a cutting instrument that was never found then the story was changed to a table.

Inconsistencies such as these will always be disregarded and afforded to inaccuracies in journalism.

Vash1023
06-08-13, 10:54

you said it brother.....

Sensei
06-08-13, 11:08

Yep, quoting "unnamed sources close to the investigation" is hazardous to your accuracy rate. This is especially true with a media culture that thinks every gun is an AK, and reporters who are in competition to be the first to break a story. Reporters no longer feel the need to vet sources since history has taught them that Americans will not hold them accountable for inaccurate and sloppy work. Think about it - when did you last hear about a reporter being fired for inaccurate reporting on these sensational stories.

Zane1844
06-08-13, 11:35
Another sad story that will have another freedom hating ending. The PRK Rep's will pressure neighboring states to pass their same "common sense" insanity laws, for this shooter- and, you know there will be another- imported his rifle from lets say Nevada, which has very dangerous gun laws that allow too much freedom. They exclaim:

"Look! Since we have the most restrictive, unconstitutional gun laws in the Nation- though they are not part of America- criminals being criminals, have to go to neighboring states and use their guns to kill. It is not the insane people who go out of their to kill, but the guns that subconsciously make people killers. I know first hand, I have seen bullets that implode."

Hypothetical post. My tinfoil may be too tight...

Irish
06-08-13, 11:36
A tragic waste of innocent human lives. My thoughts are with the families of the victims.

SeriousStudent
06-08-13, 11:50
A tragic waste of innocent human lives. My thoughts are with the families of the victims.

Very well said. My thoughts and prayers are with them during this time of sorrow.

Peshawar
06-08-13, 11:52
This story isn't getting the non-stop play of some of the others because the rifle used was illegal in CA. To ratchet the coverage up would be to tacitly admit that silly gun control efforts like the ones here (bullet buttons, no standard capacity mags) don't really work as well as the antis want them to work.

kcara
06-08-13, 11:56
This story isn't getting the non-stop play of some of the others because the rifle used was illegal in CA. To ratchet the coverage up would be to tacitly admit that silly gun control efforts like the ones here (bullet buttons, no standard capacity mags) don't really work as well as the antis want them to work.

You are absolutely correct. I bet that it is a foreigner. Then watch it get really buried.

Peshawar
06-08-13, 12:05
You are absolutely correct. I bet that it is a foreigner. Then watch it get really buried.

Yep. CNN is reporting that the shooter had a history of mental health issues, citing a law enforcement source. Yet, despite knowing his mental health history, will not release his name.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/08/us/california-college-gunman/index.html

Other sites are reporting that the man is of Lebanese descent. They'll wait as long as possible to release his name if it sounds "too foreign".

MountainRaven
06-08-13, 12:09
Didn't we just have a discussion a month ago where several people basically said such a demonstration would be a recipe for disaster that would result in several injuries or fatalities which would cause all the fence sitters to become anti gun?

That's like going back to 1964 and saying, "Aha! There was a march for equality by a bunch of black people in Boston and there was no violence!" While the same thing in Alabama the next year led to violence.

Texas is not DC.

Alaskapopo
06-08-13, 15:16
I am very glad the police down there got him as fast as they did.
Pat

Peshawar
06-08-13, 16:57
According to a thread on Calguns, our shooter's name was John Zahawri. Let's see how long it takes to become mainstream.

SkiDevil
06-08-13, 17:07
Those look like 416's with Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T's.

The two Police Officers in the Dark Blue uniforms appear to be wearing Santa Monica P.D. patches. Santa Monica P.D. issues a lot of HK products to its Officers.

feedramp
06-08-13, 19:06

Dude's name is Ayman, er John, Zawahri.

Iraqgunz
06-08-13, 19:08
LAPD also purchased 2000 HK carbines not too long ago as well.

The two Police Officers in the Dark Blue uniforms appear to be wearing Santa Monica P.D. patches. Santa Monica P.D. issues a lot of HK products to its Officers.

Iraqgunz
06-08-13, 19:20
Wasn't that last shooting in LA also a middle eastern person with mental issues as well. I need to find that story.

ralph
06-08-13, 19:24

I couldn't agree with you more... Somehow though, I feel the gun owners of Cali. are going to be punished for this, either with more stupid restrictions of AR type rifles, or outright ban of ownership altogether, constitutional bill of rights be dammed...They (the anti's) know a outright ownership ban would likely be unconstitutional, however, the legal battle would likely take years, even if they lost. They'd have the satisfaction of knowing they deprived you of your rights, even if for a few years, and made you fight to get them back..

LHS
06-08-13, 19:26

Source for the non-neutered rifle info?

ChocLab
06-08-13, 19:41
Looks like he used an upper with extended FH, wrong about SBR as I first posted.

http://rt.com/usa/santa-monica-gunman-massacre-422/

http://rt.com/files/news/1f/5a/60/00/santa-monica.si.jpg

ChocLab
06-08-13, 19:43
Looks like I am wrong about SBR.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/09/u8a2yju9.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 19:45
Looks like he used a SBR upper

http://rt.com/usa/santa-monica-gunman-massacre-422/

No way that was ever CA legal. Bet he violated Fed SBR too. Then again when do crazy people follow laws.

http://rt.com/files/news/1f/5a/60/00/santa-monica.si.jpg

That actually just looks like a long flash hider, think CAR-15. It could be permanently attached.

ChocLab
06-08-13, 19:46
Is that an old type western 6 gun? BP?

Mauser KAR98K
06-08-13, 19:49
Is that upper even legal in CA?

I bet the mags are.

Prayers to the victims.

ChocLab
06-08-13, 19:55
Here is a better pic of the table...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site577/2013/0608/20130608_013929_photo%20(2).JPG

madisonsfinest
06-08-13, 19:56
I read that what is shown above was an extra upper that he had. I wish we could get HK rifles here that would be sweet! I do like my Colt though. We have the option of having a bone stock Colt issued to us, or we can purchase our own Colts and put optics on them.

On another note, these same officers would be getting slammed if you could see them carrying DPMS, Bushmaster, and Olympia Arms rifles.
:suicide:

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 19:59
If I am not mistaken, that is a 1851 Navy Colt revolver. now Feinstein will want to ban those too. Fricken assault pistols!

madisonsfinest
06-08-13, 20:01
From Yahoo article:

Investigators were looking at family connections to find a motive because the killer's father and brother were the first victims, an official briefed on the probe who requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly told The Associated Press.

She refused to elaborate or name the suspect because a surviving family member was out of the country and couldn't immediately be notified.

"Any time someone puts on a vest, of some sort, comes out with a bag full of loaded magazines, has an extra receiver, has a handgun and has a semi-automatic rifle, carjacks folks, goes to a college, kills more people and has to be neutralized at the hands of the police, I would say that that's premeditated," she said.

Iraqgunz
06-08-13, 20:05
Pat,

California has been in the hole for at least two years. Are you going to say that the LAPD really needed the 2000 HK 416s and they couldn't do their job with Colt 6920s or a similar DI gun? Also most of those agencies will not allow privately owned firearms for duty use.

You want the guys going after gun men like this armed well. Remember the LA Bank Robbery several years back when the cops only had shotguns and pistols and it did not go so well. Plus these weapons were most likely in their inventory long before the financial woes. Plus in the grand scheme of things the cost of guns is not that much of of the financial pie. Also what you would like to see them armed with? Lever guns and six shooters? Also many of the things you see may have been purchased by the officers themselves with their own money. I run my own SCAR 17 with a Trijicon Accupoint on top. With the gun, mags, trigger, rail extension I have over 4K of my own money into my patrol rifle.
Pat

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 20:06
I bet the mags are.

The blue mags in this photo appear to be from Keep Shooting.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/santamonicashooterbluearmags_zpsaebab3ce.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/santamonicashooterbluearmags_zpsaebab3ce.jpg.html)

http://www.keepshooting.com/colored-ar15-m16-magazine.html

Mauser KAR98K
06-08-13, 20:08
The blue mags in this photo appear to be from Keep Shooting.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/santamonicashooterbluearmags_zpsaebab3ce.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/santamonicashooterbluearmags_zpsaebab3ce.jpg.html)

http://www.keepshooting.com/colored-ar15-m16-magazine.html

Saw that.

For those that do repair mag buys, watch out.

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 20:09
On another note, these same officers would be getting slammed if you could see them carrying DPMS, Bushmaster, and Olympia Arms rifles.

The point being made is that in the pics of the various CA LEOs in these articles, they are all rock'n HK 416s and HK G36s EXPENSIVE long arms. CA has been in the toilet for a long time, how can they justify such purchases? Nothing wrong with Colt products.

MountainRaven
06-08-13, 20:10
If I am not mistaken, that is a 1851 Navy Colt revolver. now Feinstein will want to ban those too. Fricken assault pistols!

Remington 1858 New Army repro, actually.

It can easily be modified to fired metallic self-contained cartridges. But, and this is a big but, this particular example does not appear to have been modified to do so. (Not that it matters. '58s can be pretty quickly reloaded if you have pre-loaded spare cylinders on hand.)

The point being made is that in the pics of the various CA LEOs in these articles, they are all rock'n HK 416s and HK G36s EXPENSIVE long arms. CA has been in the toilet for a long time, how can they justify such purchases? Nothing wrong with Colt products.

Is it California's fault for buying them with no money or H&K's fault for selling them to somebody who they know doesn't have any money?

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 20:16
Is it California's fault for buying them with no money or H&K's fault for selling them to somebody who they know doesn't have any money?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/manuel-que_zpsaa97fb7e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/AKS-74/media/manuel-que_zpsaa97fb7e.jpg.html)

ChocLab
06-08-13, 20:24
http://tulolb-744392546.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1367058.1370726177!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2fusa-california-santa-monica-college-shooting.jpg&width=320

http://tulolb-744392546.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1367041.1370725792!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2farticle-gunman-0608.jpg&width=320

http://tulolb-744392546.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1367061.1370726324!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2fusa-california-santa-monica-college-shooting.jpg&width=320

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1366943#bmb=1

madisonsfinest
06-08-13, 20:28

I guess it would depend on what price they get the HK's at. I bet they get a decent discount if they bought 2000! I would hope so anyway. If officers are not paying out of pocket, I wonder if it is coming out of the Police Budget? I won't speculate, but I don't have a problem with it either

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 20:34
As a guy who works with SMPD daily and who does my fair share of currency seizures and asset forfeiture I can say this, SMPD has been rocking HK for well over a decade, long before the current fiscal mess. Also, The fiscal woes of some locales are not the same as in other locales, meaning Santa Monica rocks a strong and vibrant economy and tax base, and although they have tightened their belts they have not been devestated like other departments. In addition, many if not most equipment purchases come from asset forfeiture/seizure accounts done with the fed. This money goes to the department, not the city and is used for equipment. Weapons are equipment.

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 20:37
Remington 1858 New Army repro, actually.

It can easily be modified to fired metallic self-contained cartridges. But, and this is a big but, this particular example does not appear to have been modified to do so. (Not that it matters. '58s can be pretty quickly reloaded if you have pre-loaded spare cylinders on hand.)

Damn good eye! Thanks!

Cincinnatus
06-08-13, 21:10
A Remington 1858: just enough firepower to get you into truble, but not enough to get you out. :D

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 21:16
A Remington 1858: just enough firepower to get you into truble, but not enough to get you out. :D

Damn! I'm going to have to watch, "The Quick and the Dead" again.

Alaskapopo
06-08-13, 21:22
Pat,

California has been in the hole for at least two years. Are you going to say that the LAPD really needed the 2000 HK 416s and they couldn't do their job with Colt 6920s or a similar DI gun? Also most of those agencies will not allow privately owned firearms for duty use.

I am saying officer safety equipment like guns is not an area I want to see axed. They could be issued DPMS guns and risk officers lives too. My department is cheap and issues DPMS rifles to those of us wo don't own our own. I would rather see them armed with more than they may be able to justify rather than less. kmrtnsn cleared it up however with his posts. People tend to assume. If they saw my SCAR they may assume my department spent that money and that is not the case. Also LAPD allows private pistols to be used off an approved list.
The main point is their budget is not going to be balanced by not buying the guns they did. I personally hate it when cities try to balance their budget on the back of the PD usually cutting trainining first.

Moose-Knuckle
06-08-13, 21:56
As I guy who works with SMPD daily and who does my fair share of currency seizures and asset forfeiture I can say this, SMPD has been rocking HK for well over a decade, long before the current fiscal mess. Also, The fiscal woes of some locales are not the same as in other locales, meaning Santa Monica rocks a strong and vibrant economy and tax base, and although they have tightened their belts they have not been devestated like other departments. In addition, many if not most equipment purchases come from asset forfeiture/seizure accounts done with the fed. This money goes to the department, not the city and is used for equipment. Weapons are equipment.

Are the guys in OD and full kit LASD SED or SMPD SWAT?

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 22:15
Are the guys in OD and full kit LASD SED or SMPD SWAT?

Both SMPD SWAT and LASD were on scene, as was CHP. Both SMPD SWAT and LASD SED wear OD, distinguished by the "Police" or "Sheriff" on the back of these uniforms. if all you have is side profile, SED has larger round patches on the sleeves, SMPD has an OD patch, reminiscent of the regular uniform sleeve patch.

jaxman7
06-08-13, 22:24
If I missed it then I apologize but I see two different rifles here. In the photos of the upper (why just an upper??) the police show one with an extended 'CAR15 like' flash hider. In the video still photo of the shooter entering the library there is clearly no such muzzle device on the rifle in his possession. Did the dude have an extra upper in his bag? Guess it's hard to figure the reasoning of the insane.

-Jax

http://tulolb-744392546.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1367041.1370725792!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2farticle-gunman-0608.jpg&width=320

http://tulolb-744392546.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/ImageProcessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1367061.1370726324!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2flandscape_635%2fusa-california-santa-monica-college-shooting.jpg&width=320

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1366943#bmb=1

a1fabweld
06-08-13, 22:31
The LE guys I know in nor cal are issued 20" A2 Bushdisasters. Nobody rocks good shit unless its on their dime. And of those guys that do, they buy decent guns like LMT, Noveske, BCM, etc... although one rookie guy I know fouled up his bone stock personal LMT duty rifle with YHM gear & plastic sights then asked me to teach him how to field strip it so he wouldn't look stupid at SWAT tryouts. Lol.

Mac5.56
06-08-13, 22:37
Yea I'm really confused with a few aspects of the photos:

1. That there is only an upper present in the photos and like Jaxman said its a very old Colt upper with a welded and pinned muzzle device that doesn't match the photos.

2. The number of mags they're showing does not line up to me with the gear they are showing he had on. Is that 30 mags? So this guy had 30 mags on him throughout the shooting? I guess they were in that duffel bag?

Peshawar
06-08-13, 22:38
Source for the non-neutered rifle info?

By technical default, the moment you insert a magazine that can hold more than ten rounds into an AR with a bullet button it becomes an "assault weapon" in CA. So even if it was legal before, you cannot insert standard capacity magazines while in CA. I know, it's retarded, but it's the law.

jpmuscle
06-08-13, 22:42
Better photos

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/09/article-0-1A37D7DC000005DC-456_306x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/09/article-0-1A37CCCD000005DC-496_634x286.jpg

Still haven't seen any pics of the actual rifle he was carrying.

Mac5.56
06-08-13, 22:45
By technical default, the moment you insert a magazine that can hold more than ten rounds into an AR with a bullet button it becomes an "assault weapon" in CA. So even if it was legal before, you cannot insert standard capacity magazines while in CA. I know, it's retarded, but it's the law.

What are the pre-ban rules in CA like? I'm asking because the upper in the photos is pretty old.

I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on here and say something: A good shooter could cause the damage this shooter did with a fixed magazine in a CA compliant rifle. Especially if the magazine was switched out to a 30 (which the photos suggest). But, if a politically motivated press core wants so add fuel to the "surrender all, even pre-ban semi autos" fire having a gabillion mags and a pre-ban rifle (upper) for the press photos sounds like a good deal. It'll show the public how they need to get rid of all grandfather laws because this guy clearly was only capable of pulling this off because of his rifle.

When everything happened with Newtown, I wanted to record a session with me or my friend doing controlled firing, and reloads with 10 magazines loaded with 7 rounds (NY SAFE), but I decided it would only harm us in the end and lead to further restrictions.

Mac5.56
06-08-13, 22:47
As I guy who works with SMPD daily

If this is the case find out what the hell happened to the lower on his rifle for the press photos?

kmrtnsn
06-08-13, 22:51
If this is the case find out what the hell happened to the lower on his rifle for the press photos?

PM me the pic, I've seen a bunch of them and need to know just which one you're talking about.

Wait, now I'm on your channel. At first I thought you were dogging on an officer. The "complete rifle" could not be displayed at the press conference as it was tagged and bagged for forensic examination. The other miscellaneous accoutrement was handled separately which is why you have it for the photo op.

Peshawar
06-08-13, 22:57
As far as I recall, there is no way that this guy could have legally owned a CA AW. From what I understand he turned 24 on the day of the shooting (I could be wrong). Since AW's aren't transferable he couldn't have registered a personally owned lower because he would not have been old enough to do so while the window for registration was open. At least that's what I believe with the info that I currently have.

ChocLab
06-08-13, 23:19
As far as I recall, there is no way that this guy could have legally owned a CA AW. From what I understand he turned 24 on the day of the shooting (I could be wrong). Since AW's aren't transferable he couldn't have registered a personally owned lower because he would not have been old enough to do so while the window for registration was open. At least that's what I believe with the info that I currently have.

1. Too young to own a registered CA AW.

2. Too young to own pre 2000 10+ round magazine.

Possibilities

a. Stolen pre 2000 10+ hi cap mags & AW rifle.

b. Illegally manufactured magazines after importing legal rebuild mag kits.

c. Illegally manufacture of an AW by removing bullet button or adding pistol grip after taking off some grip compliant device.*

*Either he owned the compliant rifle or stole it, but then converted it.

Rattlehead
06-08-13, 23:21
Too young to own a registered CA AW.
Too young to own pre 2000 10+ round magazine.

Possibilities

Stolen hi cap mags + AW rifle.

Illegally manufactured magazines after importing legal rebuild mag kits.

Illegally manufacture of an AW by removing bullet button or adding pistol grip after taking off some grip compliant device.

Either he owned the compliant rifle or stole it, but then converted it.

I don't mean to nitpick, but technically anyone, of any age, can own 'high cap' mags in CA (of course that may change next year).

ETA: Of course I agree with you, they were probably stolen or assembled illegally.

ChocLab
06-08-13, 23:24
I don't mean to nitpick, but technically anyone, of any age, can own 'high cap' mags in CA (of course that may change next year).

ETA: Of course I agree with you, they were probably stolen or assembled illegally.

Concur. Possession is not a crime.

Being 10 years old in 2000 and owning multiple 10+ round AR15 magazines doesn't pass the "smell" test. At least it won't with the Legislators or the DA if he had survived, but least of his charges.

Zane1844
06-08-13, 23:28
I am worried about the current state of having rebuild kits. They will claim this guy just manufactured these once legally possessed parts into "highcapacityclipmagazine." So now, it should be illegal in CA to own ANY part that can be made into standard mags since the subjects of the PRK cannot be trusted.

Peshawar
06-08-13, 23:28

The crime is inserting those mags in a non-registered rifle.

Rattlehead
06-08-13, 23:30
The crime is inserting those mags in a non-registered rifle.

I know, I was referring to possession.

Peshawar
06-08-13, 23:49
Possession is not prohibited, unless it can be determined that "manufacturing" took place.

Rattlehead
06-08-13, 23:52
Possession is not prohibited, unless it can be determined that "manufacturing" took place.

Correct.

Mac5.56
06-08-13, 23:58
So we're a bunch of firearms enthusiasts sitting around nit picking the grey area of a state law.

The only thing I see from all of this is how really strict laws, no matter how strict, will never prevent psychotics from committing crimes.

kmrtnsn
06-09-13, 00:01
So we're a bunch of firearms enthusiasts sitting around nit picking the grey area of a state law.

The only thing I see from all of this is how really strict laws, no matter how strict, will never prevent psychotics from committing crimes.

The proof in your pudding was the presence of that revolver, the WTF? element in his actions. Proof that when all the guns are gone the weapons of choice will be butcher knives, reproduction claymore broadswords, or even common garden tools.

feedramp
06-09-13, 00:01

The only thing I see from all this is another excuse for more laws that do nothing except ensure we won't be able to resist unlawful oppression when it really matters.

Peshawar
06-09-13, 00:06
That's the point we are trying to make. That superfluous legislation only affects those willing to abide by it. It does exactly zero to prevent crimes such as this.

MountainRaven
06-09-13, 00:20
Yea I'm really confused with a few aspects of the photos:

1. That there is only an upper present in the photos and like Jaxman said its a very old Colt upper with a welded and pinned muzzle device that doesn't match the photos.

2. The number of mags they're showing does not line up to me with the gear they are showing he had on. Is that 30 mags? So this guy had 30 mags on him throughout the shooting? I guess they were in that duffel bag?

I'm guessing all the extra stuff was in the duffel.

Also: Confirmed, based on the pictures posted here, that the '58 has not been converted to metallic self-contained cartridges... meaning, in other words, the perp could have mail ordered it from Cabela's or MidwayUSA or any other sporting goods retailer.

ChocLab
06-09-13, 00:41
The issue we have is the Antis will point to the other side of the argument.

Illegal bag-o-mags = the crazy couldnt have got them unless the rebuild loop hole exists.

If they were stolen, then ban out right including pre existing. If they were bought in another state, plead for national mag limits.

These people would be fine with Australia like rules. They won't be able to confiscate guns but magazines, I am not so sure unless the courts invalidate.

The virus of CA statism over individual rights of self protection will and or is bleeding over in NV, CO...

They Admit none of the laws will prevent. Guns are just a tool & strategy of the crazy to gain there last bit of pleasure and empowerment before their lives are ended.

There are other ways to cause mass casualty and terror. So until the press broadcasts the next roadmap for the damaged/deranged to follow, it is after guns.

ChocLab
06-09-13, 00:49
In reference to above, let us not forget the man in 2006, by accident, killed 10 people in a farmers market in Santa Monica...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Russell_Weller

This type of argument never goes anywhere with the Antis when it comes to guns. It is not the death but the method.

Peshawar
06-09-13, 02:54
Well said, Choclab. Looking forward to taking another class with you sometime. :)

ForTehNguyen
06-09-13, 08:11
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-monica-shooting-was-premeditated-police-say-20130608,0,6582879.story

Santa Monica shooting was premeditated, police say

By Laura J. Nelson, Richard A. Serrano and Andrew Blankstein
June 8, 2013, 2:35 p.m.

The shooting rampage that left five people dead in Santa Monica on Friday was premeditated, and the gunman had more than than 1,300 rounds of ammunition with him during the attack, police said Saturday.

The shootings, which left four victims and the shooter dead, took place on a number of typically quiet streets in Santa Monica around noon and ended on the campus of Santa Monica College.

“Any time someone puts on a vest of some sort, comes out with a bag full of loaded magazines, has an extra receiver, has a handgun and has a semiautomatic rifle, carjacks folks, goes to a college, kills more people and has to be killed at the hands of police,” Santa Monica Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said, “I believe that’s premeditated.”

The gunman was connected to Santa Monica College as recently as 2010, police said. He died of multiple gunshot wounds after three police officers confronted him near the campus library.

Law enforcement sources in Washington and Los Angeles identified the shooting suspect as John Zawahri, who was in his 20s. Other law enforcement sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said the suspect had some mental problems in the past and was angry over his parents’ divorce.

Police will not publicly identify the suspect until his next of kin has been notified, Seabrooks said. She said his relatives could be out of the country.

At 11:52 a.m. Friday, residents of a quiet neighborhood near the 10 Freeway reported hearing gunshots. Eyewitnesses saw a man in all black, wearing an ammunition belt and holding a semiautomatic rifle, who stood outside a home engulfed in flames near the intersection of Kansas and Yorkshire avenues. The gunman had a “familial connection” to the house, police said.

Firefighters later found the bodies of two men inside the home. Police sources said the bodies were those of Samir Zawahri, 55, the owner of the house and Zawahri’s father, and one of his adult sons.

Santa Monica police said they had dealt with the suspect in 2006, including a call to the same address on Yorkshire Avenue, but the specifics of the case could not be discussed because the suspect was a juvenile at the time.

The gunman accosted the driver of a Mazda hatchback, got in the car and told her to drive him to Santa Monica College, the driver said in an interview with The Times. The gunman fired several rounds at random into the neighborhood with the semiautomatic rifle, witnesses said.

Near Cloverfield and Pico boulevards, the gunman fired on a city bus from front to back, shattering windows. Passengers dived to the floor for cover. Two passengers were injured, treated at local hospitals and released, police said.

At a parking lot at 20th and Pearl streets, the suspect fired at a red Ford Explorer, hitting driver Carlos Franco, who died at the scene. Franco was a Santa Monica College employee.

The passenger of the Ford Explorer has “a very grim prognosis,” Seabrooks said.

Campus police intercepted the gunman on the edge of campus and exchanged gunfire with him, authorities said. They continued to trade shots as the man ran toward the school's library and shot a woman outside the building's entrance before disappearing inside.

The woman outside the library later died at a hospital.

Inside the library, a group of people hid inside a “safe room” when they heard or saw the shooter coming, Seabrooks said. The group barricaded the door with materials found inside the room and dodged bullets the gunman fired through the drywall.

“It’s miraculous that those patrons were not physically injured,” she said.

Three police officers “neutralized” the shooter, Seabrooks said. He died of multiple gunshot wounds. During the rampage, five people were wounded, two seriously.

Officials stressed that they did not consider the incident a school shooting, because it began off campus.

“It was unfortunate that the suspect chose Santa Monica College to finish the crime spree,” Santa Monica College Police Chief Albert Vasquez said.

mrbieler
06-09-13, 08:20
The BP revolver still looks loaded
http://diario.mx/imagesnotas/2013/06/EST9290126b757e0b_0.jpg

Mac5.56
06-09-13, 09:59
I still don't see a justifiable reason for the lower not being present in any of these photos...

tb-av
06-09-13, 10:03
The BP revolver still looks loaded

...and they look like hollow points, which is odd.

So I suppose this will will get BP items added to new legislation which may be a good thing. It might turn some BP only people against the left.

Sam
06-09-13, 10:03
I still don't see a justifiable reason for the lower not being present in any of these photos...

It was said that the upper in the photo was a "spare" upper, therefore it reinforced the theory that the attack was "premeditated".

WillBrink
06-09-13, 10:08
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-santa-monica-shooting-was-premeditated-police-say-20130608,0,6582879.story

"Inside the library, a group of people hid inside a “safe room” when they heard or saw the shooter coming, Seabrooks said. The group barricaded the door with materials found inside the room and dodged bullets the gunman fired through the drywall."

That does not sound like much of a safe room to me. :(

a1fabweld
06-09-13, 10:10
Who goes on a shooting rampage with a BP revolver as his sidearm in 2013? That funky spare upper, blue mags, the whole thing is weird.

tb-av
06-09-13, 10:26
It was said that the upper in the photo was a "spare" upper, therefore it reinforced the theory that the attack was "premeditated".

Yeah, that was interesting... I'm sure it will be perpetuated in that manner.

I believe the intent of the comment was the actual collection + action, but I'm certain it will be reduced to having too much ammo or having more than one upper indicates some sort of premeditation by some in the news.

The fact the guy is a known nut case is of little concern though. In fact, since he is dead and can't speak for himself, can we conclude anything beyond the fact that he is simply another gun nut and we need to strive towards a gun-less society to be safe.

Calif and NY are lost causes but their nonsense is spilling over into what's left of a somewhat free (benevolent ) America.

tb-av
06-09-13, 10:27
Who goes on a shooting rampage with a BP revolver as his sidearm in 2013? That funky spare upper, blue mags, the whole thing is weird.

Don't worry, Feinstein and Pelosi will rationalize it for you. That's what they get paid for.

MountainRaven
06-09-13, 10:35
...and they look like hollow points, which is odd.

So I suppose this will will get BP items added to new legislation which may be a good thing. It might turn some BP only people against the left.

Looks like regular 44-caliber balls to me.

feedramp
06-09-13, 10:44
"Inside the library, a group of people hid inside a “safe room” when they heard or saw the shooter coming, Seabrooks said. The group barricaded the door with materials found inside the room and dodged bullets the gunman fired through the drywall."

That does not sound like much of a safe room to me. :(

I'm also not aware of the human ability to truly dodge bullets.

a1fabweld
06-09-13, 10:48
Calif and NY are lost causes but their nonsense is spilling over into what's left of a somewhat free (benevolent ) America.
And don't forget it. Think of the whole country as a human body. All of a sudden, one day you get cancer in your thumb (California). Instead of treating it before the cancer spreads, you write it off because it's a "lost cause" thinking the infection will stay contained. Now your other thumb gets infected (New York). Now your prick get infected right in between your 2 infected thumbs (Colorado). The cancer is now evenly spread out through the body. Which part gets it next?

Being that you physically can't separate the infected states in the country (as much as you want to) from the non-infected states, it's only a matter of time before your state is infected as well. If people can't see the trend, it's only because they choose not to.

MaceWindu
06-09-13, 11:13
And don't forget it. Think of the whole country as a human body. All of a sudden, one day you get cancer in your thumb (California). Instead of treating it before the cancer spreads, you write it off because it's a "lost cause" thinking the infection will stay contained. Now your other thumb gets infected (New York). Now your prick get infected right in between your 2 infected thumbs (Colorado). The cancer is now evenly spread out through the body. Which part gets it next?

Being that you physically can't separate the infected states in the country (as much as you want to) from the non-infected states, it's only a matter of time before your state is infected as well. If people can't see the trend, it's only because they choose not to.

Spot.on.

"Move", "Lost cause", etc...<-----Not helping.

You don't help the people there fight it...it WILL SPREAD. Just like it's doing now. Call, write, donate...period.

MW

tb-av
06-09-13, 12:11
Looks like regular 44-caliber balls to me.

Oh does it... I couldn't see to well. It looked like indentations. I mean it strange enough just to see the gun, but then sitting there loaded... I figured having some odd ammo stuck in the cylinder may not be out of the question.

You know, the guy there with it may not know how to remove the cylinder. So maybe they figured best to leave it be guarded.

tb-av
06-09-13, 12:50
Spot.on.

"Move", "Lost cause", etc...<-----Not helping.

You don't help the people there fight it...it WILL SPREAD. Just like it's doing now. Call, write, donate...period.

MW

Ok, fair enough... it's never a lost cause until we are 100% dis-armed, but Calif. and NY will in most all likelihood require the efforts from outside it's borders to cure it's ills.

But for the record I do call, write, donate, both inside and outside my state. I tell them I will fund their opposition. I also thank the people that stand up to them like the many sheriffs that spoke up.

I also tell people that can't or don't read the news to inform them about just how deep the corruption is.

I wish companies like MagPul could grow and diversify and branch into other industries. They are now becoming a multi-state operation.. So in fact "moving" was a solution. But MagPul is a fairly small company. Imagine if they used their knowledge to branch into something far more diverse and hire/spread the American freedom, 1A, 2A spirit and hire thousands in strategic areas. Granted you can't have 100% who someone will vote for but contrast that with say a large IT company. Now that company may hire a whole crew of young liberals or perhaps foreign pros from say India... It's very likely they are going to vote for gun control if presented with the option.

So the "lost cause" I'll give you.. but Calif. and NY are heavily fortified. The "moving", not only do I think it is a good idea, but it may in fact be necessary to take back what belongs to us. One and two people moving is obviously a personal thing. Businesses, jobs, tax money, that's what needs to move.

CarlosDJackal
06-09-13, 12:55

Except, they forgot to add that he was a Christian and a member of the NRA. :D

HackerF15E
06-09-13, 13:05

My guess is that, for some reason which might be obvious later as the police release more information, he bought the BP revolver because he could without going to an FFL or jumping through other handgun hoops in Cali.

Jellybean
06-09-13, 13:45

Indeed...

Here is a better pic of the table...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site577/2013/0608/20130608_013929_photo%20(2).JPG

My thoughts too.

I would at first guess that it's a case of he brought anything that he could get his hands on, but then if he *really* had 1300 rounds on him than.... yeah. Weird. And no BCG/CH for the upper?
Is it to much to hope that the bulk were ball for the revolver?
At least they can't try to call if a Glock now. Can they....? :p

Well, shit. Here we go again. And things were just starting to slow down a bit. Now the panic buyers will be back, and so will the anti bills we just finished knocking down.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-09-13, 14:11
Is the second upper a 22? 1300 rounds of 223 is not large by volume, but is not an inconsequential amount of weight. If all 1300 rounds where in 30 round mags, that's over 40 mags.

Ten thirty round 223 mags and a couple of boxes of 22 sounds more likely.

I still can't believe they left the revolver loaded???

MountainRaven
06-09-13, 14:15
Well, shit. Here we go again. And things were just starting to slow down a bit. Now the panic buyers will be back, and so will the anti bills we just finished knocking down.

It may just be my perception and/or the fact that it's the weekend and I just don't listen to it as much on weekends (mostly an in-the-car-to-and-from-work thing), but NPR seems to be spending much, much more time on the NSA than on Santa Barbara.

Is the second upper a 22? 1300 rounds of 223 is not large by volume, but is not an inconsequential amount of weight. If all 1300 rounds where in 30 round mags, that's over 40 mags.

Ten thirty round 223 mags and a couple of boxes of 22 sounds more likely.

I still can't believe they left the revolver loaded???

Easiest way to unload it is to shoot it.

Unloading elsewise takes special tools. Tools I doubt your average police department possesses.

GeorgiaBoy
06-09-13, 14:34
The percussion caps have most likely been removed, rendering if as safe as possibly for now.

Though they could take the barrel and cylinder off.

Peshawar
06-09-13, 14:52
I might have missed it, if so I apologize. But is that extended flash hider possibly a Colt XM177E2 sound moderator?

Grand58742
06-09-13, 17:28
Just waiting on Alex Jones to say this was a false flag black op from the government to draw attention away from the current scandals in Washington. :rolleyes:

And why do I get the distinct impression they are holding onto the name because of the perceptions in the public as to religion and motive when it finally gets released? Do I fear it won't bode well for the anti-gun, be tolerant of other religions even though they will lop off your head for being different cause?

Prayers out to the victims and families.

VooDoo6Actual
06-09-13, 17:32
And why do I get the distinct impression they are holding onto the name because of the perceptions in the public as to religion and motive when it finally gets released?

"The suspect was identified by five law enforcement sources in Washington and Los Angeles as John Zawahri, 23 yrs old."

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/article-2338250-1A39CD4D000005DC-644_308x185_zps4f4103a3.jpg (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/teehee321/media/article-2338250-1A39CD4D000005DC-644_308x185_zps4f4103a3.jpg.html)

Grand58742
06-09-13, 17:55
"The suspect was identified by five law enforcement sources in Washington and Los Angeles as John Zawahri, 23 yrs old."

Missed that somehow on my usual news sources and I stand corrected.

ETA: It is curious that someone in Washington was aware of his identity. Wonder if he was on a watch list of some sort.

No conspiracy theories here, just curiosity.

grunz
06-09-13, 19:13
One media report said the family are Lebanese Christians, so I wouldn't go in the direction of Jihad on this one.

jpmuscle
06-09-13, 20:08
Missed that somehow on my usual news sources and I stand corrected.

ETA: It is curious that someone in Washington was aware of his identity. Wonder if he was on a watch list of some sort.

No conspiracy theories here, just curiosity.

I've noticed this as well as of late. Our Domestic journal/media entities seem to be really dropping the ball as far as getting stuff the soonest.

ChocLab
06-09-13, 20:12
From another forum. Note the handgun mag at location 96.

http://i.imgur.com/8VmHFCO.jpg

ChocLab
06-09-13, 20:14
Lower parts kit?

http://i.imgur.com/9c0SbeK.jpg

jpmuscle
06-09-13, 20:16
I'm yet to see a photo of a BCG in that second upper too.

ChocLab
06-09-13, 20:19
Deleted.

Sensei
06-09-13, 20:24
From another forum. Note the handgun mag at location 96.

Possibly one of the LEO's.

ChocLab
06-09-13, 20:36
Found this too. Wow this is disconcerting for a variety of reasons.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/09/6ypy5ame.jpg

jpmuscle
06-09-13, 20:39

So do a lot of people. Now when its a pathological obsession then it's a different story.

The SAFE Act would have stopped this :rolleyes:

ChocLab
06-09-13, 21:47
So do a lot of people. Now when its a pathological obsession then it's a different story.

The SAFE Act would have stopped this :rolleyes:

I agree. Most forum members do. If they thought he was violent or obsessed with violence well that is another thing.

Also, press will have a field day if he was a posting member on a gun board.

Peshawar
06-09-13, 21:55
Saw this on a walk today...http://imageshack.us/a/img39/7516/photojun09160855.jpg

VooDoo6Actual
06-09-13, 21:58

Exactly.
Adolf Hitler had fascinations / obsessions w/ Composer Richard Wagner & the Occult.....

Their point is what ?

Does it mean he (zawahri) was striking up a Faustian Bargain for Eschaton ?

ForTehNguyen
06-09-13, 22:34
so upper with no BCG/CH, LPK bag. Handgun mag for a handgun he doesnt have on him.

kmrtnsn
06-09-13, 23:02
so upper with no BCG/CH, LPK bag. Handgun mag for a handgun he doesnt have on him.

Looks like a HK pistol mag to me. SMPD carries HK, so no big scary conspiracy. Mags dropped to the deck, stay on the deck, they become part of the crime scene, just like all of the brass, whether that belongs to the good guys or the bad guys.

SeriousStudent
06-09-13, 23:16
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, and what Sensei put forward previously in the thread.

SteyrAUG
06-09-13, 23:42
Well the name "John Zawahri" isn't going to make the media happy.

kmrtnsn
06-09-13, 23:57

In Santa Monica specifically and SoCal generally there is absolutely nothing significant in that surname. In fact, the last four "real" SoCal terrorists that I recall being arrested had the surnames, Washington, Patterson, Martinez, and James.

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 00:13
In Santa Monica specifically and SoCal generally there is absolutely nothing significant in that surname. In fact, the last four "real" SoCal terrorists that I recall being arrested had the surnames, Washington, Patterson, Martinez, and James.

I think you missed my point. The guy might not even be Muslim.

But the media loves a "white man in a white van" when it comes to these kinds of crimes.

But when Zimmerman turns out to actually be Hispanic, when the Boston bombers turn out to be Jihadists and when the Beltway snipers turn out to be black guys it just isn't the party they were hoping to have.

Sadly for them, religious "tea party" radicals rarely blow shit up and go on shooting sprees.

kmrtnsn
06-10-13, 00:38
I think you missed my point. The guy might not even be Muslim.

But the media loves a "white man in a white van" when it comes to these kinds of crimes.

But when Zimmerman turns out to actually be Hispanic, when the Boston bombers turn out to be Jihadists and when the Beltway snipers turn out to be black guys it just isn't the party they were hoping to have.

Sadly for them, religious "tea party" radicals rarely blow shit up and go on shooting sprees.

It has been clearly established that he is a Lebanese Christian; old news. Anyone thinking the next big terrorist attack on U.S. soil is going to be committed by someone with a name of Mid-East origin is on the wrong bus.

Mauser KAR98K
06-10-13, 00:49
It has been clearly established that he is a Lebanese Christian; old news. Anyone thinking the next big terrorist attack on U.S. soil is going to be committed by someone with a name of Mid-East origin is on the wrong bus.

Umm...what? So far, it has just been them since 9/11 (except for that work place violence incident at Ft. Hood).

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 00:56

Again, I think you missed what I was saying.

I DON'T THINK AND I'M NOT TRYING TO SUGGEST HE IS MUSLIM.

I AM SAYING THE MEDIA WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I really was pretty clear about what I wrote.

Skyyr
06-10-13, 01:01
Anyone thinking the next big terrorist attack on U.S. soil is going to be committed by someone with a name of Mid-East origin is on the wrong bus.

Because the last one wasn'- errrr, wait. Moreover, Lebanon IS a Middle Eastern country, FYI.

polymorpheous
06-10-13, 03:14

This response is pretty concrete.

You work for the DHS correct?
Where IS the next threat going to come from?

You can't lay such a bold claim without backing it up.

Moose-Knuckle
06-10-13, 03:34

Well white, gun owning, conservative, pick-up truck driving, Rand Paul supporting, heterosexual, card carrying NRA members of course.

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 03:41
Well white, gun owning, conservative, pick-up truck driving, Rand Paul supporting, heterosexual, card carrying NRA members of course.

lol :lol::lol:

Iraqgunz
06-10-13, 04:34
Lower parts kit in the other pic is from Palmetto State Armory.

polymorpheous
06-10-13, 05:07

Don't forget about veterans.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/?page=all

mrbieler
06-10-13, 07:44

Well we can probably rule out Verizon customers...

kmrtnsn
06-10-13, 09:30

You know who worries me? The late twenties, early thirties white female Islamic converts from Detroit, or from the suburbs. I'm waiting for one to self-detonate in the food court at the mall.

polymorpheous
06-10-13, 09:33
You know who worries me? The late twenties, early thirties white female Islamic converts from Detroit, or from the suburbs. I'm waiting for one to self-detonate in the food court at the mall.

Is that what the hipsters are doing now a days?

kmrtnsn
06-10-13, 09:37

When I look at Jamie Paulin Ramirez I see the invisible woman. Take the hijab off, put the color back in the hair, splash on the make-up and she could walk into anywhere unseen, unnoticed. Everyone is worried about blocking the jabs, it is the left hook I am concerned about.

Mauser KAR98K
06-10-13, 10:07
When I look at Jamie Paulin Ramirez I see the invisible woman. Take the hijab off, put the color back in the hair, splash on the make-up and she could walk into anywhere unseen, unnoticed. Everyone is worried about blocking the jabs, it is the left hook I am concerned about.

+1. (you should have posted this in your previous post first Less backlash).

I have been very surprised we have not experienced this yet, particularly in the past 5 years.

ETW: Something tells me this murderer was off to pull a Chris Doner.

VooDoo6Actual
06-10-13, 10:28

'The enemy is everywhere' former MI5 director

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331909/Former-head-MI5-calls-people-spy-neighbours-following-murder-soldier-Lee-Rigby.html

HackerF15E
06-10-13, 10:48
'The enemy is everywhere' former MI5 director

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331909/Former-head-MI5-calls-people-spy-neighbours-following-murder-soldier-Lee-Rigby.html

Fortunately it appears the NSA has that covered for us.

Pork Chop
06-10-13, 10:50
Lower parts kit in the other pic is from Palmetto State Armory.

Maybe that's what set him off?

He ordered that Dec. 5th and it just came in the mail last week. :)

Striker
06-10-13, 10:58

Brother you're talking reality and they're talking about what it seems mainstream media wants reality to be. These are two very different things.

VooDoo6Actual
06-10-13, 10:59
Fortunately it appears the NSA has that covered for us.

Ironic, Who's the paranoid ones now ?

montanadave
06-10-13, 11:15
Maybe that's what set him off?

He ordered that Dec. 5th and it just came in the mail last week. :)

OK, tragic shooting aside, that's funny right there. :D

tb-av
06-10-13, 11:40
I heard last night he went into the school or somewhere and fired 70 shots without any hits on people. Could this actually prove Crazy Joe is right, that AR15's are hard to aim? Shouldn't we be thankful he didn't have a shotgun?

Where are all these nut jobs coming from. Should this be considered "normal" in a society our size and with all the media hype. IOW,,, how do we tell if this is video game oriented, problems at home, long term mental illness, all of the above.... or is that pretty much where copy cat criminals evolve from anyway?

You can say the common denominator is guns or even "bad guns" but there is simply a massive population with "bad guns" that don't do this. How, even in spite of the politicians wanting otherwise, do we determine a common denominator among these nuts so we can try to prevent it. Or is this simply a defective human that you will find due to population numbers? Similar to finding some blind or deaf or some other abnormality.

What if a full DNA chart was made on these guys and they all had some marker/s in common? It seems like there are enough of these cases now someone could start looking for some deeper realistic cause aside from "it's guns!" It can't be totally random or they wouldn't all end up in places where their peers will be to make a final stand.

This is just getting ridiculous in it's frequency.

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 13:09
Brother you're talking reality and they're talking about what it seems mainstream media wants reality to be. These are two very different things.

Thank you for getting that.

I too share the same concern and worry about home grown radicals. I haven't forgotten John Walker. This is why we have to watch places like Dearborn and any fundamentalist mosque with the same critical eye that Morris Dees and the SPLC look at any white kid with short hair.

Home grown or visiting, black, white, brown or whatever the threat of Islamic terrorism is much more likely to be the root cause of these events, even with notable exceptions like Sandy Hook.

trinydex
06-10-13, 13:48
Yup, except when a nutjob leaks through the cracks of military, Police Force, etc. And decides to start killing people..or if hundreds and thousands do that...yeah it cannot happen though. :rolleyes:

What I said could be "tinfoil," it does not matter, though. The end is the same: the attack against gun ownership will continue.

dorner, which was just earlier this year, is an example of someone in law enforcement deciding to start killing people.

trinydex
06-10-13, 14:05

lulz. millennials hipsters don't have the work ethic.

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 18:18
Home grown or visiting, black, white, brown or whatever the threat of Islamic terrorism is much more likely to be the root cause of these events, even with notable exceptions like Sandy Hook.

Are we equating Sandy Hook = terrorism now?

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 18:36

Not really, although I suppose you could classify any school shooting as a "kind" of terrorism.

SHIVAN
06-10-13, 18:57

I believe that the word terrorism has a definition that is independent of political motivation.

Other than killing a bunch of teachers and kids, what was the shitstain's other main goal?

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 19:05
I believe that the word terrorism has a definition that is independent of political motivation.

Other than killing a bunch of teachers and kids, what was the shitstain's other main goal?

There has to be some sort of political or social motivation in order for it to be characterized as terrorism. Granted there is no universally accepted definition but per the C.F.R it is “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

If their is no such motivations present call it a premeditated act of extreme violence or mass casualty incident. I just don't think its prudent to call it terrorism.

As for sandy hook and the current case in Santa Monica I'm not aware of anything yet.

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 19:35
There has to be some sort of political or social motivation in order for it to be characterized as terrorism. Granted there is no universally accepted definition but per the C.F.R it is “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

If their is no such motivations present call it a premeditated act of extreme violence or mass casualty incident. I just don't think its prudent to call it terrorism.

As for sandy hook and the current case in Santa Monica I'm not aware of anything yet.

I can "terrorize" a single person without politics ever coming into play.

But the most common forms of terrorism are religious / political terrorism.

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 19:36
I can "terrorize" a single person without politics ever coming into play.

But the most common forms of terrorism are religious / political terrorism.

Yea but that doesn't mean it's "terrorism" that's the point I'm trying to make. It would be feinstein and McCains wet dream to be able to call everything an act of terror.

SteyrAUG
06-10-13, 21:12
Yea but that doesn't mean it's "terrorism" that's the point I'm trying to make. It would be feinstein and McCains wet dream to be able to call everything an act of terror.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no legally binding, criminal law definition.

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

Peshawar
06-10-13, 21:16
It's a word whose meaning is often stretched into the realm of hyperbole.

OldState
06-10-13, 22:25
CNN is getting silly with this story. I worked from home today and they reported on this in every segment all day.

It seems desperate to me. I think there are many that will see this as an obvious display of their political agenda.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-13, 02:05
CNN is getting silly with this story. I worked from home today and they reported on this in every segment all day.

It seems desperate to me. I think there are many that will see this as an obvious display of their political agenda.

Ever see the film adaptation of V for Vendetta, recall the BTN broadcasts?

Mauser KAR98K
06-11-13, 03:45
Ever see the film adaptation of V for Vendetta, recall the BTN broadcasts?

Why, is the news anchor blinking a lot? :cool:

SteyrAUG
06-11-13, 11:21
Why, is the news anchor blinking a lot? :cool:

Animatronics.

Mauser KAR98K
06-11-13, 12:05
Animatronics.

I don't think you caught the reference to V for Vendetta, but that still is good. :cool:

ChocLab
06-11-13, 20:10
The gun’s lower receiver – the part considered by state and federal laws to be the regulated component – bore no serial number, and firearms analysts at the L.A. County Sheriffs crime lab examining the rifle suspect that’s because it was sold as an unregulated, “incomplete,” receiver.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/rampage-gun-assembled-from-legal-parts-11380404/#ixzz2VxZeeFXi

80% lowers, here we go ....

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-13, 20:18

Quick Robin, to the 3D printer located in the Batcave! :ph34r:

Peshawar
06-11-13, 20:21
The gun’s lower receiver – the part considered by state and federal laws to be the regulated component – bore no serial number, and firearms analysts at the L.A. County Sheriffs crime lab examining the rifle suspect that’s because it was sold as an unregulated, “incomplete,” receiver.

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/rampage-gun-assembled-from-legal-parts-11380404/#ixzz2VxZeeFXi

Well, I guess that removes any doubt as to whether his gun was legal or not. Definitely a CA AW. But that fact will take a back seat to the emotional transient they'll try to milk from this....

a1fabweld
06-11-13, 20:49

Ah **** me. Now they'll ban those too.

Meanwhile the city of SF is suing Copes Distributing, 44mag.com, & Exile Machine for "illegally" selling magazine rebuild kits to CA residents to repair their worn out preban mags. It's perfectly legal to do so or to simply possess standard capacity mags that are disassembled. The purpose of this law makes no sense but as stupid as it is, the accusations the liberal SF politicians are making have no bearing.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-13, 21:23
Meanwhile the city of SF is suing Copes Distributing, 44mag.com, & Exile Machine for "illegally" selling magazine rebuild kits to CA residents to repair their worn out preban mags. It's perfectly legal to do so or to simply possess standard capacity mags that are disassembled. The purpose of this law makes no sense but as stupid as it is, the accusations the liberal SF politicians are making have no bearing.

This will only serve to discourage other retailers from helping gun owners behind enemy lines.

a1fabweld
06-11-13, 22:07
This will only serve to discourage other retailers from helping gun owners behind enemy lines.

And that's exactly how they're engineering it. I guess the black market will thrive as a result. Just like everything else that gets banned.

jpmuscle
06-11-13, 23:08

Then they need to stop supplying LE agencies and LEO's behind enemy lines as well.

PA PATRIOT
06-11-13, 23:14
Then they need to stop supplying LE agencies and LEO's behind enemy lines as well.

Good Lord,

Are we going to start this up again?

Can I get a Hallelujah from the crowd and we stay on topic.

jpmuscle
06-11-13, 23:15
Good Lord,

Are we going to start this up again?

Can I get a Hallelujah from the crowd and we stay on topic.

No, just making a point. Moving on...

Noodles
06-12-13, 10:42

Does anyone else find it VERY SUSPICIOUS that we've seen boxes of ammo, loaded mags, the handgun, an upper, we've seen the guy's dead body on the sidewalk, boots, tac vest, etc etc etc. Seen someone guy holding an AR in grainy CCTV video

But not only single photograph of the AR actually used. Not one photo to see if it was cali-compliant, not one photo to see if it was an 80% receiver, not one photo at all, but plenty of everything else?

If it was an bullet-buttoned 80% you would think definitely show photos as "Proof" of loopholes or some other bullshit. They've been going after 80% for awhile, MotherJones does an AK-build-party last month, now there is a "school shooting" that takes place with an 80% and they don't immediately post up a photo of it?

BULLSHIT.

VooDoo6Actual
06-12-13, 10:47
Does anyone else find it VERY SUSPICIOUS that we've seen boxes of ammo, loaded mags, the handgun, an upper, we've seen the guy's dead body on the sidewalk, boots, tac vest, etc etc etc. Seen someone guy holding an AR in grainy CCTV video

But not only single photograph of the AR actually used. Not one photo to see if it was cali-compliant, not one photo to see if it was an 80% receiver, not one photo at all, but plenty of everything else?

If it was an bullet-buttoned 80% you would think definitely show photos as "Proof" of loopholes or some other bullshit. They've been going after 80% for awhile, MotherJones does an AK-build-party last month, now there is a "school shooting" that takes place with an 80% and they don't immediately post up a photo of it?

BULLSHIT.

Apparently, people are still OK w/ "Piss down my back & tell me it's Raining".
Until all the layers get peeled back become more exposed, no traction. But I do hear you Lima Charlie. A quick review of NDAA & State sponsored propaganda within it gives you all the answers & proof you need.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/congressmen-seek-to-lift-propaganda-ban

trinydex
06-12-13, 13:04

that's terrible news. i have supported 44mag for years.

SkiDevil
06-13-13, 13:36

Related article: http://dcclothesline.com/2013/06/12/why-hasnt-the-left-tried-to-exploit-the-santa-monica-shootings/

Moose-Knuckle
06-13-13, 15:22
Related article: http://dcclothesline.com/2013/06/12/why-hasnt-the-left-tried-to-exploit-the-santa-monica-shootings/

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Mauser KAR98K
06-15-13, 01:09
Just saw a CNN blurb that the murderer built his own gun through the mail. :alcoholic: And here we go...

jpmuscle
06-15-13, 04:11
Just saw a CNN blurb that the murderer built his own gun through the mail. :alcoholic: And here we go...

Well it is 6 months after Sandy Hook after all... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

VooDoo6Actual
06-15-13, 08:49
Well it is 6 months after Sandy Hook after all... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Got to keep the Anti-Gun agenda propaganda machine going.

scooter22
05-31-14, 18:20
I know it was stated here previously, but can someone give me a re-cap of the death toll?

My current understanding:

- 7 deaths total (including the killer)
- 6 deaths that matter
- 3 stabbed
- 2 ran over
- 1 shot

Is this correct?

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-14, 19:13
I know it was stated here previously, but can someone give me a re-cap of the death toll?

My current understanding:

- 7 deaths total (including the killer)
- 6 deaths that matter
- 3 stabbed
- 2 ran over
- 1 shot

Is this correct?

This is a thread about a shooting that happened in Santa Monica in 2013.

Did you mean the most recent shooting in Santa Barbara?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?152855-Another-Shooting-Mass-Murder-Santa-Barbara-CA

scooter22
05-31-14, 19:17
This is a thread about a shooting that happened in Santa Monica in 2013.

Did you mean the most recent shooting in Santa Barbara?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?152855-Another-Shooting-Mass-Murder-Santa-Barbara-CA

Ah shit, yep. Sorry.