PDA

View Full Version : AAC Founder Sues Freedom Group

30 cal slut
06-07-13, 20:57
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/07/us-usa-guns-freedomgroup-idUSBRE95613420130607

snipped

Employment dispute offers peek into firearms company Freedom Group

5:28pm EDT
By Bernard Vaughan

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A dispute involving a gun industry executive who claims he was fired after being falsely accused of bringing his weapons to work offers a peek into Freedom Group, the gun-making conglomerate owned by Cerberus Capital Management LP.

The battle unfolding in Manhattan federal court concerns Advanced Armament Corp LLC, a maker of silencers that is one of the smaller businesses within Freedom Group, which also owns iconic brands such as Bushmaster and Remington Arms.

Cerberus put Freedom Group up for sale last year after a Bushmaster rifle was used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in Newtown, Connecticut.

In December 2011, Advanced Armament fired its founder, Kevin Brittingham, for taking his personal guns, as well as a grenade launcher, to work in violation of company policy and federal firearms laws, according to court papers filed by the company.

Brittingham sued Advanced Armament and Remington last year. He claims there was no evidence he brought weapons to work and says the companies are trying to avoid paying him millions of dollars under an agreement reached when he sold his company to Freedom Group in 2009. Brittingham did receive $10.16 million as part of the sale.

In a May 30 court filing, Brittingham accused the companies of resorting to "shameless character assassinations" in an effort to distract U.S. District Judge Katherine Forrest, who is presiding over the case. A trial is to start on June 17...

High Tower
06-07-13, 22:01
I was wondering how long this would take.

Hopefully a decent company can buy freedom group and rescue those companies.

VooDoo6Actual
06-07-13, 22:10
I was wondering how long this would take.

Indeed.

scottryan
06-07-13, 22:59
Good.

The FG was the worst thing that has happened to the gun industry and turned AAC onto a downhill slide.

**** them.

Aries144
06-08-13, 00:06
Good.

The FG was the worst thing that has happened to the gun industry and turned AAC onto a downhill slide.

**** them.

I absolutely agree.

When FG took over AAC and then fired Kevin, I immediately saw all the signs that an innovative company was being corporatized to make it a more familiar environment for the ambitious bureaucratic bottom-liners that thrive in places like Freedom Group.

I hope somehow things can turn around for them.

Iraqgunz
06-08-13, 00:55
Agree 100%.

Good.

**** them.

Hootiewho
06-08-13, 07:22
In 2005 I bought a M4-2000 from my friend & dealer in Jan. He placed the order while I was sitting there in his shop. He was given a serial number & we submitted my Form 4. It came back approved in mid-March if I recall correctly. The can?? Still in GA. So the dealer & I began calling and got the usual "2 weeks"... "2 more weeks", every 2 weeks when we would call. This rocked on until late May when Kevin himself took the phone from Freddy and told me in a yelling manner & I quote, "You'll get your damn can when UPS delivers it" and hung up. It showed up a week or two later.

Mind you, this was before cans started getting popular & the whole AAC culture took off. I am quite sure I am not the only buyer to be treated this way. Sometimes what goes around comes around.

scottryan
06-08-13, 09:20
AAC had complete control of the silencer market in 2006/2007.

Since then they have been on a downward slide with no innovation.

A number of good projects have been cancelled such as the integral 10/22 and the 90T. I lusted for the integral 10/22 barrel.

They have been overtaken by Surefire in the centerfire rifle market.