PDA

View Full Version : Texas HS turns off Baledictoria MIC

platoonDaddy
06-08-13, 10:57
dang, even in Texas!

Texas high school silences Valedictorian's microphone during speech on Constitution, report says

A Texas high school silenced its Valedictorian’s microphone during his speech when he diverted from his pre-approved remarks and instead spoke about the Constitution.

Joshua High School graduate Remington Reimer, who was accepted into the Naval Academy, had his microphone silenced during his speech right after he told fellow graduates that school officials apparently threatened him with the move the day before, MyFoxDFW.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/08/texas-high-school-silences-valedictorian-microphone-during-speech/

Kain
06-08-13, 13:57
I am unfortunately not surprised, at least not in this day and age.

When I graduated I knew our Valedictorian pretty good. His original graduation speech was not approved by teh school because they felt it didn't praise the school and student body well enough and told him pretty much what he could say. He wrote one that complied but on graduation did his original anyway. He got a standing ovation from the audience but I believe he was threatened by the school to not let him graduate because of the speech.

This wasn't even ten years ago either. Hell they threatened to frisk every student on graduation day because they didn't want us to have our cell phones on us and if we were found with a cell phone that they would hold our diplomas. They didn't but that was only because there was the counter-threat of a lawsuit if they did.

We live in crazy times, we really do.

RFB
06-08-13, 16:45
Go to government schools, get government rules.

Kain
06-08-13, 17:47
Go to government schools, get government rules.

May I quote that? I like that a lot.

RFB
06-08-13, 20:04
No problem.

tb-av
06-08-13, 20:31
dang, even in Texas!

They don't turn from Blood Red to Navy Blue over night. It's a slow roll start with an aggressive finish.

The only thing that surprises me is that the kid made it to stage, although I suppose they had no choice in that matter.

The irony... this is the smartest kid we had but we're not going to let him talk to you. Yeah,,, public schools are pretty much the petri dish for the disease of Liberalism.

Kain
06-08-13, 21:20
No problem.

Thank you.

The irony... this is the smartest kid we had but we're not going to let him talk to you. Yeah,,, public schools are pretty much the petri dish for the disease of Liberalism.

That is the problem. Smart means he has the ability to reason, use logic, and sort through the bullshit and that he doesn't follow blindly. In other words he is someone capable of making his own decisions and that is not an asset as far as those in power, be it government or school systems like to see. If you don't tow the party line you are out of line. Hell, when I was in college I was asked on a few occasions to leave the class room because of my views on the constitution and the 2nd Amendment because they did not jive with what the professor or school personally felt. Hell a lot of employers, at least where I am at, don't like it if you are smart, college educated, and can look at problem and think outside the box if it isn't already thought up by your supervisor. We are dumbing down our children, really no way around it.