PDA

View Full Version : Color on older Colt Match Target upper

justin_247
06-08-13, 19:11
I have a Colt Match Target HBAR upper receiver assembly with a 20" heavy barrel and a fixed carry handle. I'm trying to find a lower receiver assembly that matches its color, however I have been unable to.

The color is some mix between the old "battleship gray" lowers and the new black ones.

Can anybody help me out here?

Thank you.

UPDATE: I'm almost completely positive that it is an R6600 upper, but it has small pivot pin holes...

lethal dose
06-08-13, 20:43
Have you checked nodak spud?

justin_247
06-08-13, 21:00
Have you checked nodak spud?

Yes, but the pictures on their site are not particularly good... I'm unable to determine if they'd be a good match. It'd be nice to hear from somebody with some experience with this issue...

UPDATE: I'm almost completely positive that it is an R6600 upper, but it has small pivot pin holes...

scottryan
06-09-13, 01:22
The only way to solve this problem is to get a Colt lower from the late 1990s that is the same vintage as your upper.

justin_247
06-09-13, 03:17
The only way to solve this problem is to get a Colt lower from the late 1990s that is the same vintage as your upper.

That's what I figured. Besides the fact that these are hard to come by, it appears that there are at least two models of lower out there from this time period...

I sent an e-mail with this info to NoDak Spud to see what they can do for me.

JoshNC
06-10-13, 00:24
You could also buy a lower and send it to Victor at US Anodizing to have him match the color to your upper. A nice Colt Match Target re-anodized in Colt gray would be the ticket.

JoshNC
06-10-13, 00:25
Edited for double post

justin_247
06-10-13, 11:26
You could also buy a lower and send it to Victor at US Anodizing to have him match the color to your upper. A nice Colt Match Target re-anodized in Colt gray would be the ticket.

This is a great idea! Thank you.