PDA

View Full Version : USA: Lagging jobs creation....

Denali
06-09-13, 14:11
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/06/08/NYT-Other-Nations-Surging-Past-U-S-In-Job-Creation

Countries around the world are blazing past the United States in job creation. That was the New York Times’ conclusion after analyzing the latest round of figures from Friday’s Labor Department report.

The comments are especially dismal to behold...

Both Australia and Germany have female leaders and Nationalized healthcare. Points the direction in which we should go, namely Hillary 2016!

3 △ 12 ▽

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-09-13, 14:25
I listened to a presentation by a guy who worked for a plastics molding company and he talked about how easy it was to set up manufacturing in China. They have it set up almost cafeteria style and they have an official drag you thru the process.

Look at all the stuff you have to do to just set up a service company here in the US, never mind manufacturing and don't even try to set something up that is in base materials or chemicals. We have a high tax rate for corps and more red tape than you can shake a stick at- and Obama care is not going to ease the burden- and then we wonder why people don't start companies here in the US. It used to be that to start a company you had people like engineers or salespeople, now you'd be better off being a EHS or compliance person and start a company with that skill set and worry about the product and customers later.

Great article with the past few weeks about the lack of risk taking in the US and how that leads to less entrepreneurship and job creation. Big Govt leads to Big Business because the drag of regulation requirements is high for start up companies that they burn their resources not on things that advance them, but feed the bureaucracy.

Big govt strangles the goose and then takes half the golden eggs and then wonders why the goose flies to another pond. Duh..

And I didn't even mention unions, which have taken a back seat to the regulations when it comes to stifling start ups. The Govt chokes the life out of them before they get big enough for unions.

jpmuscle
06-09-13, 20:20
I listened to a presentation by a guy who worked for a plastics molding company and he talked about how easy it was to set up manufacturing in China. They have it set up almost cafeteria style and they have an official drag you thru the process.

Look at all the stuff you have to do to just set up a service company here in the US, never mind manufacturing and don't even try to set something up that is in base materials or chemicals. We have a high tax rate for corps and more red tape than you can shake a stick at- and Obama care is not going to ease the burden- and then we wonder why people don't start companies here in the US. It used to be that to start a company you had people like engineers or salespeople, now you'd be better off being a EHS or compliance person and start a company with that skill set and worry about the product and customers later.

Great article with the past few weeks about the lack of risk taking in the US and how that leads to less entrepreneurship and job creation. Big Govt leads to Big Business because the drag of regulation requirements is high for start up companies that they burn their resources not on things that advance them, but feed the bureaucracy.

Big govt strangles the goose and then takes half the golden eggs and then wonders why the goose flies to another pond. Duh..

And I didn't even mention unions, which have taken a back seat to the regulations when it comes to stifling start ups. The Govt chokes the life out of them before they get big enough for unions.

Which leads me to believe that the people in charge of your nation hate America so much they want us fail and destroy ourselves... I mean how else can one look at the things are run relative to other nations and not think this..

Alaskapopo
06-09-13, 22:49
Not sure China is a model we want to follow when it comes to human rights abuses, safety record for their factory's making unsafe items etc. Also as they have grown their people have wanted more pay and it is going up fast. I read that soon it will be cheaper to manufacture items in the US vs China due to our cheap natural gas and their rising labor costs making transport of raw goods over there and back as finished goods not cost effective.
Pat

The_War_Wagon
06-09-13, 23:04
Who's gonna RISK - who can AFFORD - to create jobs, in the age of Der Kommissar Obamassar? :o

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/gallery/supercommissar-maksim-a34/shackled-tpc-i4003.jpg

GeorgiaBoy
06-09-13, 23:27
Not sure China is a model we want to follow when it comes to human rights abuses, safety record for their factory's making unsafe items etc.
Pat

Not to mention their complete lack of respect for the environment over there. China has some of the worst air and water pollution in the world.

We have such tight regulations on companies that deal with chemicals and other hazardous materials to help keep us from having the environment like China. (Because we once WERE like China)

Giving companies a break from regulations often results in them doing things they shouldn't. Take for example King American Finishing down here in GA who was dumping formaldehyde in the Ogeechee river for a month. It killed thousands of fish and the 80 mile long river was closed from public use for several months afterwards. The fish still haven't came back to right numbers yet.

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 00:54
Not to mention their complete lack of respect for the environment over there. China has some of the worst air and water pollution in the world.

We have such tight regulations on companies that deal with chemicals and other hazardous materials to help keep us from having the environment like China. (Because we once WERE like China)

Giving companies a break from regulations often results in them doing things they shouldn't. Take for example King American Finishing down here in GA who was dumping formaldehyde in the Ogeechee river for a month. It killed thousands of fish and the 80 mile long river was closed from public use for several months afterwards. The fish still haven't came back to right numbers yet.

That's like saying we shouldn't increase our domestic oil consumption because it impacts global warming...

Should we do what we can to protect the environment? Yup, but purposely strangling ourselves economically in the process while others elsewhere on the same planet could care less is just silly imo.

GeorgiaBoy
06-10-13, 01:34
Should we do what we can to protect the environment? Yup, but purposely strangling ourselves economically in the process while others elsewhere on the same planet could care less is just silly imo.

We should make our environmental regulations more lax because other nations won't make theirs more strict? China is actually facing major pollution issues and with precedent western nations are setting they are bound to start changing eventually.

Unless I am misreading what you are saying.

Alaskapopo
06-10-13, 02:08
That's like saying we shouldn't increase our domestic oil consumption because it impacts global warming...

If we ruin the environment we live in nothing will matter anyway.
Pat

Sensei
06-10-13, 02:21
If we ruin the environment we live in nothing will matter anyway.
Pat

I'm all for Uncle Sam stepping in when companies are willfully polluting. However, it's the notion that we need to somehow limit our domestic fossil fuel production as a means to lessen our carbon footprint strikes me as wacky.

Alaskapopo
06-10-13, 02:37
I'm all for Uncle Sam stepping in when companies are willfully polluting. However, it's the notion that we need to somehow limit our domestic fossil fuel production as a means to lessen our carbon footprint strikes me as wacky.

Never said we should limit it and I support oil exploration however just saying we need to have regulation in place to protect the environment which we do.
Pat

jpmuscle
06-10-13, 02:37
We should make our environmental regulations more lax because other nations won't make theirs more strict? China is actually facing major pollution issues and with precedent western nations are setting they are bound to start changing eventually.

Unless I am misreading what you are saying.

I'm saying our environmental policies should be based on common sense while willfully acknowledging that they should exist to not stifle industry. Production should be of the upmost importance, lets just be smart about it thats all. Having the EPA nazis running around does nothing good for this country and only makes us less competitive with the rest of the world.

here here

Alaskapopo
06-10-13, 03:02
I'm saying our environmental policies should be based on common sense while willfully acknowledging that they should exist to not stifle industry. Production should be of the upmost importance, lets just be smart about it thats all. Having the EPA nazis running around does nothing good for this country and only makes us less competitive with the rest of the world.

here here

It needs to be balance. Max production while maintaining safe standards should be the goal not production at all costs.
Pat

Moose-Knuckle
06-10-13, 03:37
Who's gonna RISK - who can AFFORD - to create jobs, in the age of Der Kommissar Obamassar? :o

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/gallery/supercommissar-maksim-a34/shackled-tpc-i4003.jpg

Good stuff! :cool: