PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed the really bad Q/C on the Enhanced USGI Tan Follower Magazines?

PA PATRIOT
06-09-13, 22:25
As the thread asked has anyone else noticed the really bad Q/C on the Enhanced Tan Follower Magazines?

A friend purchased 20 of the Brownell's manufactured Enhanced USGI Magazines and none would allow the follower to depress more then 30% into the body before jamming up.

On disassembly the seam welds were producing large burrs on inside of the magazine well. The seams were uneven and the followers appeared to have over molded plastic which needed to be trimmed. Now these magazines were from three different late date lots so it appears the problem maybe wide spread.

Once cleaned, deburred, trimmed and dry lubed the magazines functioned cleanly with no hang ups.

Its really a shame if these magazines are making it to the combat units in the field.

Grand58742
06-09-13, 22:42
There's a pretty good thread about it on here somewhere. On my phone so searching is not easy to do.

But yes. The QC is sporadic from my experience.

The_War_Wagon
06-09-13, 23:08
I thought that a couple of years ago, when I bought a handful to try 'em. Put Magpul followers in all of 'em right away!

PA PATRIOT
06-09-13, 23:17
I thought that a couple of years ago, when I bought a handful to try 'em. Put Magpul followers in all of 'em right away!

You have to change the spring and follower then as the follower has a unique center post and spring anchor.

steve--oh
06-09-13, 23:26
I actually got issued these for work as an "improvement" over the green follower mags, (which I never really had issues with).

they do suck.

TehLlama
06-10-13, 00:30
I actually got issued these for work as an "improvement" over the green follower mags, (which I never really had issues with).

they do suck.

Yeah, people got pissed at me when I talked my way into the armory, and swapped out every mag for a Colt/MagPul Grey followered magazine for all the guys in my squad who were there. Then again, these are the same idiots that fished out clearly broken magazines to issue to people go on deployments.

samuse
06-10-13, 08:11
In my experience most mags suck.

Okay/Colt/NHMTGs are good to go, so are Pmags.

Everything else is gonna be hit 'n miss.

markm
06-10-13, 09:09
I had 10 Brownells mags that I ordered back in January show up Friday. I fudged up and ordered CS springs :rolleyes:... but they do have the Magpul follower.

The two that I opened up both bind up a little when the follower gets to the top of the mag body. And the belly seam has that gap between the sheets of aluminum.

BufordTJustice
06-10-13, 09:38
I had 10 Brownells mags that I ordered back in January show up Friday. I fudged up and ordered CS springs :rolleyes:... but they do have the Magpul follower.

The two that I opened up both bind up a little when the follower gets to the top of the mag body. And the belly seam has that gap between the sheets of aluminum.

CHROME SILICON????? GET THE **** OUT!!!!!! :D

markm
06-10-13, 09:47
CHROME SILICON????? GET THE **** OUT!!!!!! :D

I know. :rolleyes:

I could probably trade someone for SS springs.

TheJawn
06-10-13, 11:22
Yeah, people got pissed at me when I talked my way into the armory, and swapped out every mag for a Colt/MagPul Grey followered magazine for all the guys in my squad who were there. Then again, these are the same idiots that fished out clearly broken magazines to issue to people go on deployments.
Why would they want to kill people with dysfunctional magazines?