PDA

View Full Version : Eotech xps3-2 absolute cowitness

penguinofdoom
06-10-13, 16:44
I have an eotech xps3-2 and Midwest industries flip up sights. To get an absolute cowitness, I put the sights on risers. Last night I picked up an eotech g33 3x magnifier and have the back sight underneath the magnifier. The riser will not fit however. So now my sights are not absolute cowitness. I want to buy new sights that sit taller when flipped up but am having problems finding them. Any suggestions?

Magpul mbus are too short as well.

And yes, I could 1/3 cowitness but I prefer the absolute and would like to look for a solution before I settle.

ac130usnsr
06-10-13, 16:58
I have an eotech xps3-2 and Midwest industries flip up sights. To get an absolute cowitness, I put the sights on risers. Last night I picked up an eotech g33 3x magnifier and have the back sight underneath the magnifier. The riser will not fit however. So now my sights are not absolute cowitness. I want to buy new sights that sit taller when flipped up but am having problems finding them. Any suggestions?

Magpul mbus are too short as well.

And yes, I could 1/3 cowitness but I prefer the absolute and would like to look for a solution before I settle.

Sounds like you have the EXPS 3-2 . It has an attached 7mm QD riser/mount for lower 1/3 cowitness.

Best and probably cheapest thing to do is keep the sights you have, ditch the risers you have them on, sell the EXPS 3-2 and buy an XPS 3-2. Do this and your sights and any other standard sights will be absolute cowitness.

penguinofdoom
06-10-13, 17:58
That is certainly an option and I will keep that in mind. I rather like the quick detach base and would like to keep it if I can find a solution that changes the buis instead.

ac130usnsr
06-10-13, 18:14
That is certainly an option and I will keep that in mind. I rather like the quick detach base and would like to keep it if I can find a solution that changes the buis instead.

Sell the EXPS 3-2, buy an XPS 3-2 and get a GG&G Accucam (http://www.gggaz.com/eotech-xps-qd-mounting-system.html).

No silly risers under your sights, still have QD for the EOTech, as well as absolute cowitness and your rear BUIS will fit under your magnifier.

You will lose the side controls on the EOTech, as the controls for the XPS series are on the back. This is really the only way to achieve what you want as there are no sights as tall as what you are looking for.

Ranger86
06-10-13, 19:13
I have the gg&g accucam on my xps2, I too wanted absolute co-witness and qd. This was the only solution I could find. I am very happy with it so far.

From my mobile phone

Ryno12
06-10-13, 19:39
I don't see the point of all the hassle just to have absolute co-witness. Lose the risers & be done with it.

Sent via Tapatalk

wesshipman
06-10-13, 20:19
I have the xps2-0 with Troy Flip-up BUIS. I originally wanted an absolute cowitness. Now that I have it, I could truly care less.

I would have much rather gotten the exps2 with the quick detach and the lower 1/3 cowitness. It would be nice to have the option of leaving my BUIS flipped up when wanted and shoot over them by using the red dot of my eotech.

fdxpilot
06-10-13, 21:34
Sell the EXPS 3-2, buy an XPS 3-2 and get a GG&G Accucam (http://www.gggaz.com/eotech-xps-qd-mounting-system.html).

No silly risers under your sights, still have QD for the EOTech, as well as absolute cowitness and your rear BUIS will fit under your magnifier.

You will lose the side controls on the EOTech, as the controls for the XPS series are on the back. This is really the only way to achieve what you want as there are no sights as tall as what you are looking for.

This is the setup I have on my DD M4V5, and the Accucam works great. I agree that the EXPS series already has the riser built in, so absolute cowitness will be difficult to achieve.

penguinofdoom
06-11-13, 07:44
I don't see the point of all the hassle just to have absolute co-witness. Lose the risers & be done with it.

Sent via Tapatalk

The point is it's my rifle and it makes me happy.

Knowing what I do now I will probably use the 1/3 cowitness for a while and see If I don't just get used to it.

Ryno12
06-11-13, 08:31
The point is it's my rifle and it makes me happy.

Knowing what I do now I will probably use the 1/3 cowitness for a while and see If I don't just get used to it.

I get that & I respect that but my point is why add extra risers & deal with the issues of not being able to use either your rear iron sight or your magnifer? Hindsight... Yes, the XPS series would've worked better for you if absolute co-witness is that important to you. In reality, once both systems are zero'd & you see that little dot sitting above the front post and you say to yourself "that's neat", you'll either turn off your RDS or flip down your BUIS.

Sent via Tapatalk

penguinofdoom
06-11-13, 08:51
Its actually not about the cowitness, its about having a greater fov.

If I'm using the eotech I won't be using the buis and vice versa.