PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sunny Florida

QueenofMisery
06-10-13, 21:33
I have been a lurker for quite a while, but finally decided to join. I am fairly new to firearms, and most of my knowledge is superficial. Hoping to take some classes soon.
I am HES's wife, but please don't hold that against me. :D

SeriousStudent
06-10-13, 21:51
You've suffered enough already, ma'am. :D

Welcome to the misery.

HES
06-10-13, 22:28
:fie::cray:Well this confirms it. The board has jumped the shark

You've suffered enough already, ma'am. :D

Welcome to the misery.
Keep it up and I'll ship her over to you. :jester:

In all honesty she is the brains of the operation in this house. Some things in her favor: She's a very eager student. She knows that she doesn't know a 10th of what she wants / needs to. She is a voracious learner. As I keep getting told by my buddies; she's one in a million. Definitely not your typical woman and a keeper if you're smart enough to find one like her. Doesn't get squeamish at the sight of blood (considering her line of work this is a very good thing).

TacCommE21
06-11-13, 10:41
Welcome.

lethal dose
06-11-13, 10:44
Why would you do this to your wife? I thought you loved her. :p

HES
06-11-13, 19:13
She did this on her own. I'm glad she did this. Not because we can be all sorts of lovey-dovey here. Actually it's because I am a firm believer in "familiarity breeds contempt." There is only so much I can teach her. There is more she needs to learn and I have no bones about admitting my limitations. She also can offer a different perspective. I may learn something and walk away with X. She often times will walk away with Y. Together we can also learn from each other.

Dobie
06-11-13, 19:33
I wish my wife had any interest in shooting at all....but then she would know how much I spend on gear :secret::secret::secret:

I'm in Fla also. Welcome

TacCommE21
06-11-13, 19:37
It's great that she is here. I have often wondered how many females the M4C community counts among its ranks.

The only way I could get mine to join is if the admins added a bibliophile section. She shoots and CCW's, but my how she loves her books!

Anyway, great to have you aboard!