PDA

View Full Version : New ammo link to track Wal-Mart ammo inventory.

RogerinTPA
06-11-13, 19:46
Tracks by state, caliber, in stock and inventory.

http://ammo-can.net/

Dobie
06-11-13, 19:52
Nice tool. Thanks

EricTheRed
06-11-13, 20:20
Made my day. Thanks. Now I don't have to just randomly drive the fifteen miles to my local just to see.

sgedicks
06-24-13, 08:55
thanks for posting that!

D.O.A.F.S.
06-24-13, 09:16
Thanks for the link....does anyone know how accurate it is? I know locally there are people waiting everyday at 7am (the earliest they sell) to see what's available and buy the maximum allowed. Does this site update real time or every couple hours, daily? Just curious....

whiterabbit05
06-24-13, 09:19
Thanks! According to that, one near me has 9mm in stock, will check on my lunch break and report back.

shaneinhisroom
06-24-13, 09:48
Doesn't work for me. Tried a few times and gave up.

EricTheRed
06-24-13, 13:32
You need to select a caliber. The "all" function doesn't work. But once you select a caliber and the store comes up, you can force a check and all inventory will show. At least it does for me.

whiterabbit05
06-24-13, 13:45
Thanks! According to that, one near me has 9mm in stock, will check on my lunch break and report back.

Went and didn't see anything there. I wouldn't go on a wild goose chase with this as your compass. Worth a shot though.

Kokopelli
06-24-13, 13:57
Pretty cool.. Thanks for posting that.. Ron

Wake27
06-24-13, 14:39
I just called a local one that the site said had a limited stock, they don't.

Kokopelli
06-24-13, 14:56
I just called a local one that the site said had a limited stock, they don't.

My experience with Walmart is they don't even look when I call, they just say they're out. Bunch-O-lazy bums I think.. Just saying..

Wake27
06-24-13, 15:04
My experience with Walmart is they don't even look when I call, they just say they're out. Bunch-O-lazy bums I think.. Just saying..

Do you ask the operator or the hunting section employees? I always ask to speak to the latter since the counter is literally right next to the ammo case. I'd hope they would look...

bulbvivid
06-24-13, 16:14
The employees here can scan the barcode and see what's in stock in other stores in the area. It's proved a useful thing for me before. So if it's not in stock, ask them to check the SKU on the shelf and see if it's in stock in another store. That way, at least, you don't have to drive to all of them if you're on the hunt.

ptb351
06-24-13, 16:26
I used it a few times but it was inaccurate..for ammo and guns. A fuy at walmart's gun counter said that system was about 48 hrs out if date.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Failure2Stop
06-24-13, 17:23
Not accurate for my area.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

PA PATRIOT
06-24-13, 18:08
Was standing inside a local walmart looking at the ammo counter and used the listed site for the store I was in.

It was totally wrong, not even close.

RogerinTPA
06-24-13, 18:54
I apologize if I posted a link that's not working out. FYI, I am not affiliated with that website. The site is supposed to be working on a new way to find updated data. It was spot on for 2 of 3 stores in my area, and the reason I posted the link, but I did call to verify before heading out the door.

PA PATRIOT
06-24-13, 23:00
I apologize if I posted a link that's not working out. FYI, I am not affiliated with that website. The site is supposed to be working on a new way to find updated data. It was spot on for 2 of 3 stores in my area, and the reason I posted the link, but I did call to verify before heading out the door.

While the ammo was not on the shelve it could have been in the back but I could not find anyone to go check its status. I'll try it again tomorrow and report back.

skydivr
06-27-13, 13:52
Site down today; "writing disclaimer"....