PDA

View Full Version : Gallup poll - Do you miss George W. Bush yet?

austinN4
06-11-13, 20:17
Gallup says many Americans do:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/11/poll-youre-starting-to-remember-bush-fondly/?hpt=hp_t1

Also this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11/george-w-bush-rating_n_3423982.html

Sensei
06-11-13, 23:55
I think it has a lot more to do with his post-political contributions rather than people rethinking his Presidency. The man has largely stayed out of the limelight. What little press he has received is largely for charitable work. In other words, he was at best a mediocre President, but still a guy that tries to conduct himself with class.

DocHolliday01
06-12-13, 03:27
While I don't agree with some of his policies I do miss his Graciousness and Integrity. I feel he truly cared about this Country which is much more than I can say about the current turd. And from everything I have read President Bush was a genuinely nice person. I also do not believe he would have allowed many of these scandals to take place.

The_War_Wagon
06-12-13, 06:03
At THIS point, I'm even missing Jimmah Catah!!! :eek:

montanadave
06-12-13, 07:31
In a word, no.

RancidSumo
06-12-13, 09:09

a1fabweld
06-12-13, 09:17
Lets bring this thread back in 2014 after Obamacare goes into effect.

montanadave
06-12-13, 09:27

Ain't it the truth.

markm
06-12-13, 09:30
Lets bring this thread back in 2014 after Obamacare goes into effect.

And ****tards will be told that it is the fault of Republicans. :rolleyes:

J-Dub
06-12-13, 09:59
I will never miss that Globalist Scum. As far as I'm concerned he can spend the rest of his days curled up with his boy-toys at the bohemian grove.

Or prison, where he belongs. Along with most of his administration...

P.S. he is not from Texas.

VooDoo6Actual
06-12-13, 10:33
I do not in the least.
All of the American people have been lied to. He is part of it.
Other than Reagan, Kennedy was the last American President that I can honestly say I miss.

THCDDM4
06-12-13, 10:56
Hell no!

That puppet brought us such happy time fun stuff like the patriot act, homeland security act and other such intrusive unconstitutional bullshit- he will not be missed in the least by me.

The guy is the same as Obama- not a dimes difference. A literal puppet put in place to do the bidding of his handlers, just like Obama. Obama is much worse in a lot of ways, but they are both complete muppets with puppet masters hands up their asses controlling their every move.

Marianettes for the powers that be. PR agents for the global elite.

I was born in '81- so with the exception of Reagan (And he wasn't the saint & savior he is made out to be) there have only been TERRIBLE presidents in my lifetime. Each one getting exponentially worse as I get older it seems.

Whatever lame duck president the puppet masters put in place in the next election is sure to be a POS who won't do anything positive for this country/nation- and is sure to further the globalist BS agenda/azimuth we are currently/have been on.

Armati
06-12-13, 12:12
Nope.

He (and the hive mind of Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, et. al.) COMPLETELY ****ed up any possible "victory" in Afghanistan. Iraq was a war that didn't need to fought and they completely ****ed that one up too.

Bush has a lot of blood on his hands and quite frankly, and I think he could give a **** less about it.

TacticalSledgehammer
06-12-13, 12:32
Compared to now, Yes!

I too think he cared about our country's security (post 9/11) and our morals more than anything else. When our economy started slipping past the point of no return, he then finally took notice and started the bailouts, which I still think was total BS.

Skyyr
06-12-13, 13:10
I believe Bush had good intentions at heart. That said, he was a right-wing authoritarian who disregarded the Constitution (as virtually all authoritarians do).

Did I like him as a person and think that he meant the best? Yes, I truly believe he thought he was doing what was morally right.

Did I like him as a president? No. He knew nothing about freedom, liberty, or the Constitution. His entire presidency was focused on providing safety and security with no regard to the Constitution.

Was he better than Obama? Yes, but only because he was actually concerned about our country, not because he was a better president. Obama blatantly despises the US and everything that we stand for. At least Bush's motivations were in our best interests, however twisted and misguided they were.

Bush is a better man than Obama, but neither are (or were) fit to be presidents.

TacticalSledgehammer
06-12-13, 13:37
I believe Bush had good intentions at heart. That said, he was a right-wing authoritarian who disregarded the Constitution (as virtually all authoritarians do).

Did I like him as a person and think that he meant the best? Yes, I truly believe he thought he was doing what was morally right.

Did I like him as a president? No. He knew nothing about freedom, liberty, or the Constitution. His entire presidency was focused on providing safety and security with no regard to the Constitution.

Was he better than Obama? Yes, but only because he was actually concerned about our country, not because he was a better president. Obama blatantly despises the US and everything that we stand for. At least Bush's motivations were in our best interests, however twisted and misguided they were.

Bush is a better man than Obama, but neither are (or were) fit to be presidents.

My thoughts exactly.

Abraxas
06-12-13, 14:07
I do not in the least.
Other than Reagan, Kennedy was the last American President that I can honestly say I miss.

I like Ike

Moose-Knuckle
06-12-13, 16:58
As far as I'm concerned he can spend the rest of his days curled up with his boy-toys at the bohemian grove.

:lol:

I think he first got "the itch" in Skull & Bones.

"The Bohemian Grove -- which I attend, from time to time -- it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, that San Francisco crowd that goes in there. It's just terrible! I mean, I won't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco." - President Richard M. Nixon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPb-PN9F2Pc

I do not in the least.

Your sig line sums up my thoughts on the matter. ;)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-12-13, 20:31
PATRIOT Act Bush? No.

GeorgiaBoy
06-12-13, 20:40
I like Ike

:meeting:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. ... Is there no other way the world may live? - Dwight D. Eisenhower