PDA

View Full Version : NEW! Rotation Limited Receiver CNC Steel QD End Plate by IWC!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-12-13, 00:32
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/IWCsQDRLEndPlate_zpse5e71e32.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/mount-n-slot/media/IWCsQDRLEndPlate_zpse5e71e32.jpg.html)

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-end-plate-rl-by-impact-weapons-components/

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

-AR Receiver End Plate with ROTATION LIMITED QD Sling Swivel Socket!

$18.95 - ONLY $3.95 Shipping! (when ordered separately)

-Rotation Limited to prevent QD Sling Swivel rotation & sling wrap-up.

-CNC Machined from a single piece of Billet Steel. NO ROUGH, Laser-cut Edges to snag your gear!

-Single-piece construction guarantees no parts to work loose or gaps to rust & corrode.

-Steel Construction allows for proper staking to MIL-Spec

-Black Manganeese Phosphate Coating to MIL-Spec to prevent rust, corrosion & wear.

-Proudly Made by Americans "Behind Enemy Lines in KOLORADO" at Impact Weapons Components, LLC.

THANKS!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

polymorpheous
06-12-13, 03:05
Not sure why the anti-rotational limiters in the QD cup.
The receiver extension prevents rotation of the sling swivel.
Could cut costs by omitting this feature from the product.

Looks like a good product BTW.
Keep up the good work guys!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-12-13, 08:25
Not sure why the anti-rotational limiters in the QD cup.
The receiver extension prevents rotation of the sling swivel.
Could cut costs by omitting this feature from the product.

Looks like a good product BTW.
Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for the post and compliment!

There is a new QD Swivel in use with a small D-loop, which clears the buffer tube and allows the sling to wrap up. We wanted to get ahead of the other QD End Plate makers by adding the RL feature to add value for these customers. It's actually the same cost to make; just a programming change from running the tool in a full radius.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

DreadPirateMoyer
06-12-13, 09:18
Is this the same thickness at the receiver extension as mil-spec end plates? The only QD endplate I use these days is Noveske's, because others are too thick and sometimes don't allow a stock to fully collapse to the last notch.

If so, this is a very welcome addition to the market since the Noveskes are not always in stock and can be hard to find. The more the merrier.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-12-13, 10:03
Is this the same thickness at the receiver extension as mil-spec end plates? The only QD endplate I use these days is Noveske's, because others are too thick and sometimes don't allow a stock to fully collapse to the last notch.

If so, this is a very welcome addition to the market since the Noveskes are not always in stock and can be hard to find. The more the merrier.

Thanks!

Yes, they are. In fact, the surface of the socket protrudes from the rear receiver .010" less than Noveske's for just that much more added clearance to prevent accidental button depression when the stock is in the closed position.

Pork Chop
06-12-13, 10:11
I'll be buying this. I've yet to find any of your products that haven't exceeded every expectation.

Thank you for posting this. I always look forward to your new products.

snakedoctor
06-12-13, 10:38
Do you offer the small D-Loop swivel as well?

DreadPirateMoyer
06-12-13, 11:28
Thanks!

Yes, they are. In fact, the surface of the socket protrudes from the rear receiver .010" less than Noveske's for just that much more added clearance to prevent accidental button depression when the stock is in the closed position.

Great! Purchasing one now. :)

jasonhgross
06-12-13, 13:14
What is the advantage of this product over the Noveske?

m1a_scoutguy
06-12-13, 13:25

Its exactly the same thing,,,,,only different !!! ;) Looks like a quality item !! Mount-N-Slot did mentioned more clearance for the swivel than on the Noveske !! I know they make great products and CS is "Outstanding" !! I have bought several items from them and they are GTG !!! :) I'll be checking one out soon.

Big A
06-12-13, 13:30

Rotaion limited...

My Noveske one isn't so I'm now intersted in this one...

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-12-13, 13:34

Price: $20's + Shipping vs. $21.95 inc. shipping

Quality: Ours is a single piece, CNC from billet steel. We CNC to mil-spec the tab to fit the buffer tubes. Theirs is two pieces. A stamped flat and a turned QD socket, which is swedged together. This creates a weak point / corrosion location ours does not have.

Function: Rotation Limited socket and .030" thicker plate, yet .015" less socket protrusion vs. theirs with thinner plate, no RL & farther protrusion.

Cool Factor: It's an IWC product. :)

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-12-13, 13:35
Its exactly the same thing,,,,,only different !!! ;) Looks like a quality item !! Mount-N-Slot did mentioned more clearance for the swivel than on the Noveske !! I know they make great products and CS is "Outstanding" !! I have bought several items from them and they are GTG !!! :) I'll be checking one out soon.

Exactly. We've waited a long time to launch this part and it's the subtle differences that make it that much better AND a much lower price point than the competition.

Berserkr556
06-12-13, 13:44
Looks and sounds like a great product. Now I have to buy one.

Tzed250
06-12-13, 14:04
Well, if I didn't already have the Noveske mounted on my carbine..

That's OK, stamps.com tells me there is a package from IWC waiting on me when I get home!..;)

jetspeed8
06-13-13, 03:00
Hmmm, time to pick up a couple of these..

snakedoctor
06-18-13, 11:47
When will these start shipping?

fdxpilot
06-18-13, 11:59
I tried to order a couple of these, but your website shopping cart appears to be broken, at least on my computer. Luckily, the phone still works. The CS guy said they should ship tomorrow.

Nka727
06-19-13, 10:29
Interesting... I think I might have to get a few for my next build and to start planning for future projects.

snakedoctor
06-21-13, 17:16
What's the story on these IWC?

MOUNT-N-SLOT
06-24-13, 19:37
What's the story on these IWC?

We've completed shipping all orders received as of 6/23. Tracking info sent. Thanks for your generosity & support.

Have an order and no tracking info? Email: sales@impactweaponscomponents.com and we'll resolve your issue.

Thanks!

BufordTJustice
06-24-13, 23:12
Another great product!!!

Any plans on a Rotation-Limited screw-in cup to replace the stock Magpul QD cup on CTR/STR/ACS/etc?

I love my STR but can't stand the fact that my VCAS padded sling can get awry on me. Also, an IWC RL-QD cup woudl match my IWC front MOE sling mount! :D

Keep up the great work!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
07-06-13, 02:20
So...

We've sold a few hundred since launching...

Those who purchased, what do you think?

MOUNT-N-SLOT

556Cliff
09-12-13, 19:59
So...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Good question.

Anyone got a review?

jerrysimons
09-12-13, 23:50
So...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

I am impressed with mine! I also have the Noveske QD end plate and as much as I love seeing that iron cross on my stuff I am going with yours on my most recent ultralight build.
I measured Noveske's plate at .55 oz and yours at .65oz. Like Noveske's it is made of steel (Fortis' plate and DD's are aluminum). The actual flat plate seems slightly thicker than the Noveske which is nice for staking and gives confidence it is extra solid. The finishing on yours is far superior with the chamford edges and the QD socket actually being machined from the one peice with the plate, instead of two peices pressed together. All of this is nice but the thing that seals the deal is the limited rotation. I don't like the QD swivel knocking into my reciever extension like it does with the Noveske. It is not really a big deal but it bothers me and and the unnecessary noise is annoying.

I am surprised the QD swivel does not rotate more than it does, only like 15*from horizontal, but really it does not matter. For some reason I imagined it at more like 45* and stopping before contact with the RE.

Oh yeah, the price is GREAT! The best product of its kind on the market for the lowest price! Can't beat that!

VLODPG
09-13-13, 11:38
Just ordered a few myself!

556Cliff
09-14-13, 17:26
Do these stake just as easy as a standard Colt end plate or are these made of a stronger metal?

Flankenstein
11-26-13, 11:12
Do these stake just as easy as a standard Colt end plate or are these made of a stronger metal?

I would like to know this as well

jerrysimons
11-26-13, 12:27
I have two of these end plates. For some reason neither of them work with my Vltor A5SR 6 position AR10 Buffer tube. The inner diameter is too small or the anti rotation tab too big for the plate to slide over the threads of the RE. All my other end pates fit just fine on this tube. Oddly both IWC plates work with my 7 position Vltor A5 tube and other tubes I have.
I am guessing both plates are within IWC's spec, which seems to be fairly tight, while the A5SR tube is on the high end of tolerances.

LewP
11-26-13, 17:27

Never staked a Colt end plate but I can say the IWC staked very easily with a small prick punch and 8 oz ballpein hammer.

buckjay
11-26-13, 20:41
I have two of these end plates. For some reason neither of them work with my Vltor A5SR 6 position AR10 Buffer tube. The inner diameter is too small or the anti rotation tab too big for the plate to slide over the threads of the RE. All my other end pates fit just fine on this tube. Oddly both IWC plates work with my 7 position Vltor A5 tube and other tubes I have.
I am guessing both plates are within IWC's spec, which seems to be fairly tight, while the A5SR tube is on the high end of tolerances.

Its definitely a tight fit but I had no issues getting mine installed with two of my Vltor A5 receiver extensions.