PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, it's really all about control.

Mauser KAR98K
06-12-13, 02:31
I really have to thank a buddy online for pipping in Piers Morgan through the teamspeak tonight as I did not contribute to his ratings. His big question was that i was listening to:

"Why do American citizens need a rifle that shoots at 10 football fields" (Paraphrasing).

I checked my gun vault, skipped my black and semi-auto rifles and went to my curio and relic section to dig out my trusty Mauser KAR98K. I checked the rear sight and I was floored...I have one of those rifles. But it gets worse, it goes PASSED the 10 mark to 20. Then I thought for a bit. :confused: Isn't the rifle sighted in in meters? Why yes, which means it goes further than 10 football fields.

What am I to do? I have a deadly long range rifle that spits out a very large bullet, bigger than a 30.06, and can go passed ten football fields?

In all seriousness...

I don't know what rifle he was talking about--something about a rifle that can take down an elephant and can go past 1000 yards--but I nearly flipped a gasket. Then it downed on me, which honestly it shouldn't but it did. We have an idiot, a British subject mind you and does not hold his promise to get out of A'merica, who has an audience that watches this, and tells this same lie at the water cooler the next day to an seemingly, willing, uneducated mass of voters.

What boggles my mind is that they are now going after the Fudd rifles when they couldn't even get the "Assault Weapons." Today, I met an older couple that came from Chicago, Republicans, and they were somewhat of the firearms type, but the older gentleman said, "I really respect the right and the Second Amendment, but there is no reason why someone needs and AK-47?" I damn near shouted, "I do!" to him, but the service manger backed me down so he could finish his thought, which was about Government intrusions. (We all know how that goes from there).

But still, Republicans, "Conservatives" from Chicago who never let slip that they were, moved down here to better climate, and spouts something off like that. WTF?

And to hear Morgan tonight...

I am getting very frustrated with this. It seems like we won the big battle but we are losing to war to a bunch of liars. Compounded with the recent scandals of government intrusion and the lack of anyone really giving a damn about 'em, I feel very lost. I feel my right, my hobby, my enjoyment, my safety is going to be eroded by a bunch large mass of willingly ignorant scared people, who only make up a very fractional majority, while the fringe pumps them up more.

What I am saying, and I guess I need a little reassurance, is that for once I am truly scared of the future. I am scared for my liberty and my way of life. I'm still fighting, I am still out to educate, but I feel like a soldier who has been at it for far too long, and the war is wearing heavily.

Yeah, it is really all about control.

GeorgiaBoy
06-12-13, 02:44
I think all it really proves is that Piers is completely ignorant of guns.

Even a .22LR can travel beyond 10 football fields. It's the seemingly long distance that scares him. Surprisingly, he doesn't point out the "more scary" part that the rifle has electronics on it that paint the target and will you when to make the shot.

Mauser KAR98K
06-12-13, 03:05

Even a .22LR can travel beyond 10 football fields. It's the seemingly long distance that scares him. Surprisingly, he doesn't point out the "more scary" part that the rifle has electronics on it that paint the target and will you when to make the shot.

That is surprising as I heard the Com Central Newsies went ape over that.

Oh, i heard the Piers say the rifle cost $2,700 and he thought that was a bit low. Must be nice to be made of money to think that way.

tb-av
06-12-13, 07:58

By choice.... Simply makes his lies seem more real. He's not stupid. He has an agenda. If it's easier to not learn right from wrong then he will do that. You know he has been presented with the truth many times but it's not in his interest to acknowledge it. He needs to latch on to the wrongly perceived and exploit it for his cause.

montanadave
06-12-13, 08:08
If you want your head to explode, watch Piers Morgan talk about guns, than follow it up with a Martin Bashir gun-control rant.

What's with the Brit-speak dudes and guns? Sure, we kicked their ass but that was quite a while ago. Besides, we kissed and made up. And saved their ass. Twice.

Why no TV talkin' heads with a German accent. Bet they wouldn't be shit-talkin' guns. :D

NeoNeanderthal
06-12-13, 08:15
How many people get shot every year at ranges over even 150 yards?I'm sure more people get killed by falling icicles. Piers Morgan is smoking crack.

Is this really (statistically) even remotely a threat?

VooDoo6Actual
06-12-13, 08:23
I am getting very frustrated with this. It seems like we won the big battle but we are losing to war to a bunch of liars. Compounded with the recent scandals of government intrusion and the lack of anyone really giving a damn about 'em, I feel very lost. I feel my right, my hobby, my enjoyment, my safety is going to be eroded by a bunch large mass of willingly ignorant scared people, who only make up a very fractional majority, while the fringe pumps them up more.

What I am saying, and I guess I need a little reassurance, is that for once I am truly scared of the future. I am scared for my liberty and my way of life. I'm still fighting, I am still out to educate, but I feel like a soldier who has been at it for far too long, and the war is wearing heavily.

Yeah, it is really all about control.

Lima Charlie.

Liberty always comes w/ a implied responsibility to all w/ vigilance & sacrifice.

Tough times don't last, tough individuals do.

RWK
06-12-13, 11:47
...the older gentleman said, "I really respect the right and the Second Amendment"...

Any time I hear someone say that, I grit my teeth for the inevitable "but" that always follows.

GeorgiaBoy
06-12-13, 12:02
That is surprising as I heard the Com Central Newsies went ape over that.

Oh, i heard the Piers say the rifle cost $2,700 and he thought that was a bit low. Must be nice to be made of money to think that way.

It's 27,000, not 2,700.

"Why does ANY AMERICAN CIVILIAN NEED a $27,000 rifle that can shoot from 10 football fields away?"

Well Piers, at the price of a loaded (no pun intended) Toyota RAV4 I don't think many civilians will be owning it.

Spiffums
06-12-13, 14:47
What boggles my mind is that they are now going after the Fudd rifles when they couldn't even get the "Assault Weapons." Today, I met an older couple that came from Chicago, Republicans, and they were somewhat of the firearms type, but the older gentleman said, "I really respect the right and the Second Amendment, but there is no reason why someone needs and AK-47?" I damn near shouted, "I do!" to him, but the service manger backed me down so he could finish his thought, which was about Government intrusions. (We all know how that goes from there).

But still, Republicans, "Conservatives" from Chicago who never let slip that they were, moved down here to better climate, and spouts something off like that. WTF?

A guy and his son hunts out here and he popped off that no one needs over 5 rounds in a rifle....If you can't hit it in 1 round you don't need to be shooting at anything.

I just laughed and said well hope ya enjoy hunting with the rtards on public land next year and walked away. I think Dad explained to him where he messed up. If opinion made him lose a great place for his young son to hunt safely.

Denali
06-12-13, 15:00
I am getting very frustrated with this. It seems like we won the big battle but we are losing the war to a bunch of liars.

Well, there it is...And he's not even an "American citizen liar!" Who's paying his salary do you suppose? Everybody in amerika who watches CNN, and any media enterprise related to them in any fashion, that's who!

You wish to hit them back, hard? Organize resistance to the media colossus, and then stop feeding it your money....;) (hint: CNN is much, much more then just CNN, where do the tentacles of CNN ownership/oversight reach?)

Mauser KAR98K
06-12-13, 17:53
Well, there it is...And he's not even an "American citizen liar!" Who's paying his salary do you suppose? Everybody in amerika who watches CNN, and any media enterprise related to them in any fashion, that's who!

You wish to hit them back, hard? Organize resistance to the media colossus, and then stop feeding it your money....;) (hint: CNN is much, much more then just CNN, where do the tentacles of CNN ownership/oversight reach?)

I do my thing and I just do not watch them...period. Even when I have liberal proffs tell me "you should expand." Hell no, I'm boycotting.

But many of their advertisers buy times in a lot of the other stations...and many I really use, drink, or eat. You are right, it is a colossus, but where can you really hurt it when you don't even watch. I tell friends and the like the same thing of not watching, but many also just want to watch to see the idiocy and shout at the TV. I had the luxury of listening to it get pipped in from a friend, who does just that!

Maybe we are not screaming loud enough? Maybe we need to use the same tactics of in-your-face the left does...but we have a slight disadvantage. We are doing so to advocate for our firearms. For the new low information voter and audience, that could be adding to the fear mongering that has already been spoon fed to them.

Easier said than done.

Mauser KAR98K
06-12-13, 18:11
A guy and his son hunts out here and he popped off that no one needs over 5 rounds in a rifle....If you can't hit it in 1 round you don't need to be shooting at anything.

I just laughed and said well hope ya enjoy hunting with the rtards on public land next year and walked away. I think Dad explained to him where he messed up. If opinion made him lose a great place for his young son to hunt safely.

Every time I hear that coming from people (my Jazz instructor to begin with who told me I really don't need 30 rounds), I stare them straight in the face and with an emotionless pause I reply, "You've never been in a real gun fight before, have you? Especially out in the middle of nowhere with police 30 minuets away."

Generally they reply no, but have I, and I tell them no, but I have come close thrice; once in law enforcement, and twice on my land (one technically would not have been, but whatever). But I tell them that on the two instances when I almost had a very serious problem on my land, I only hand one 30 round magazine in my rifle, and it wasn't enough. Some do pause for thought, but some just brush it off.

It's sad because what I have been taught and what I am using in regards to my upcoming degree, I feel many of these PhDs are only doing not what they are saying...research. Not the data or studies, but actually reading real accounts of life or death situations. Dave Grossman in his book On Combat drew heavily from a collection of primary sources of officer involved shootings. We here post officer and military involved shootings and we study them for "continuing education" while some out there need to view them of how many rounds are actually used. Granted, their conclusion would be that only officers get in confratations like that per the videos and Hollywood, and they would be correct as most criminals duke it out with the cops as death or prison is very certain, as duking it with a potential victim is either death or flee and or someone another day.

But then there are those that just won't give up, and that is a big factor for many of us in our fear and how much ammo we carry. The James Holmes, the Loughners. The guy who took five .38s, some in his face, and it didn't quite phase him. Meth heads who don't realize their hit. PCP users. These reasons are why I carry 40 rounds of 9mm. I'm accepting that they are out. Coming in contact is slim, but they are out there.

Yeah, opinions do have consequences, especially now. Which is said that in a country not too long ago we really celebrated each others' differences and sub-culture. My opinion, many are in denial. But me saying that will make me more of a black sheep than I already am so a good bit of the faculty.

SeriousStudent
06-12-13, 20:27
Piers Morgan should shut his cakehole. Cornwallis surrendered in 1781, and I stopped listening to morons with that particular accent shortly after that.

I don't miss cable TV a bit.

Mjolnir
06-12-13, 23:11
Piers Morgan should shut his cakehole. Cornwallis surrendered in 1781, and I stopped listening to morons with that particular accent shortly after that.

I don't miss cable TV a bit.

But the rascals OWN us...

"One man with courage makes a majority."

yellowfin
06-13-13, 10:33
But the rascals OWN us...
Only if we don't step up and fight back, taking up our cause with the public with equal attention.

Moose-Knuckle
06-13-13, 16:16
Cornwallis surrendered in 1781, and I stopped listening to morons with that particular accent shortly after that.

:lol:

Mjolnir
06-14-13, 00:16
Only if we don't step up and fight back, taking up our cause with the public with equal attention.

No, THEY OWN US... LITERALLY. Not figuratively.

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-13, 02:35
No, THEY OWN US... LITERALLY. Not figuratively.

Ever run the number located on your warehouse receipt known as a "birth certificate"? :eek:

polymorpheous
06-14-13, 03:09
What are you 2 talking about?

Mauser KAR98K
06-14-13, 10:49
What are you 2 talking about?

Whatever it is, I wish they would stay out of my thread.

Shao
06-14-13, 10:55

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mauser KAR98K
06-14-13, 11:18
Lima Charlie.

Liberty always comes w/ a implied responsibility to all w/ vigilance & sacrifice.

I meant to thank you for that. It made my day.

Mjolnir
06-14-13, 12:26
Whatever it is, I wish they would stay out of my thread.

Yet you're concerned that "they" control us?

Ironic.

Mjolnir
06-14-13, 12:27
Ever run the number located on your warehouse receipt known as a "birth certificate"? :eek:

I'm only vaguely familiar.

PM me so as not to offend the sensitive.

Moose-Knuckle
06-15-13, 03:16
PM me so as not to offend the sensitive.

:haha:

PM inbound.