PDA

View Full Version : RB1 sights

ridgerunner70
06-13-13, 13:18
I have the RB1 sights on my G17 and really like them, but the front sight is to small I believe .215". I've asked RB1 if they had a thicker sight that would flush up with the inside of the grove of the rear sight. They did not. I really like the dark rear sights and only a dot on the front concept. Has anyone went with a thicker front sight, and if so, what kind did you find that was compatible with the RB1rear sight?

samuse
06-13-13, 15:54
The RB1 rear is a .156" nothch I believe.

.125" wide is as wide as your gonna find. Maybe Dawson could make you a wider one, but that would be unlikely and counter productive.

A wide notch and a thin post is easier to align quickly, although at the expense of a little precision.

.125"/.150" works fine for me, but it's as sloppy as I can go without the front swimming too much on a G-17 length sight radius. Lots of guys run .115"/.150-.156" and I can use that on a G-19 and 26.

You can get a .130" notch Warren Sevigny rear sight that is excellent with a .115" wide front on a G-17.

Up1911fan
06-13-13, 16:01
Ameriglo's ProGlo and Trijicon HD front sights are .140" wide. I wouldn't go wider though.

AKDoug
06-13-13, 20:37
The concept of the RB1 sight is to have it "loose" in the rear sight. This is a fighting sight. Jason teaches that at close range if you can see any of the front sight in the rear notch it is close enough to shoot. In fact, in his classes we shoot a drill where we purposefully misalign the sights to see how much we can get away with at 7 yards. Pretty much any front sight in the rear notch will give you an 8" center mass shot. Also, the narrow front sight covers less target and allows you to see better on longer shots.

The front is a .125 width by .215 height. Going to a .140 width will tighten it up a bit and Ameriglo offers a sight this size.

I believe that stock Glock is .150ish front and .135ish rear on a G17.

theblackknight
06-13-13, 22:05
For practical shooting, fast sight tracking relies on sights like these. If the shooter needs to adjust sight alingment in the shooting cycle, this is easier with wide,deep rear notches because you will most likely still be able to see the whole front sight, and can easily correct it.

Tight, shallow rear notches are usually used for bulls eye shooting.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/721/721189.jpg

tmanker
06-13-13, 22:11
I'm running RB1's on a G17 and my carry G19 and I love them. If I never had a threat in low-light conditions I would run warren black rear/fiber front but this isn't a perfect world. I love the RB1's. I run a set of hackathorns on another G19 carry but I don't like them nearly as well.