PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Been Able to Get Ahold of SAW?

scottryan
06-13-13, 14:17
I have been trying to contact anyone at Specialized Armament for the past two months. Both emails and phone calls haven't been returned.

Has anyone had similiar experiences? I have a gun at them right now that is being worked on and I can't get ahold of them.

I hope everybody is ok there?

markm
06-13-13, 14:56
Pretty normal. I'm sure they're still behind on orders and stuff.

polymorpheous
06-13-13, 15:05
I thought they were moving shop.

markm
06-13-13, 15:08
I thought they were moving shop.

They're in the new Location. Should be close to settled in by now.

scottryan
06-13-13, 15:18
Usually they return my messages withing 48 hours. I have been in communication with them since the CT shooting, then all of a sudden in April until now I haven't heard anything.

jerrysimons
06-13-13, 15:59
Well, my first order fell through the cracks when the panic hit and my current order is going on a week with no communication. I am curious as well.

kdcgrohl
06-14-13, 10:21
Has Anyone Been Able to Get Ahold of SAW?

Yes. I exchanged emails with Ken mid-May and they shipped parts on the 18th.

Berserkr556
06-15-13, 15:49
I emailed a question earlier this month. I received an answer about three days later. I probably would have received my answer sooner but he found my email in his spam box.

ABNAK
06-15-13, 19:39
Last month I ordered two USGI bolts from them. They showed up about a week later.

YMMV

Beachboy
06-16-13, 07:45
I can't get their web site to launch. Don't know if it's a server issue?

Littlelebowski
06-16-13, 07:53
I can't get their web site to launch. Don't know if it's a server issue?

I think that their site is down. Not good coupled with the comms issues.

CMW
06-22-13, 15:16
I also had a few orders get lost in the system, during their move to the new location.

However, Ken was able to locate both orders in their email records, and quickly took care of the mixup. I've received all the parts already. He mentioned how deep the backlog still is, so I would just be patient.

jerrysimons
07-02-13, 02:53
My large order of small parts from the first week of June shipped today. SA answered my email about a week after the order saying it was in fact processing. It my take a while but they come through! Which is tolerable since they are the only place with new Colt parts in stock that I know of.

hjmpanzr
07-02-13, 06:35
My large order of small parts from the first week of June shipped today. SA answered my email about a week after the order saying it was in fact processing. It my take a while but they come through! Which is tolerable since they are the only place with new Colt parts in stock that I know of.

Same here. Parts Ordered on June 6. Shipped yesterday.

Razorhunter
07-02-13, 06:51
Emails sent for months now with no reply to any of them. I know it's been at least 6 months that we've been pinging them regularly.

ejskle
07-02-13, 09:11
I also placed an order on June 7th and it shipped yesterday.

scottryan
07-02-13, 10:04
I got ahold of him. He has been swamped with work.

lethal dose
07-02-13, 10:14
Good to hear, Scott. I figured just as much. Just a touch and go contact would have been nice, but good to hear, nonetheless. If you don't mind, what kind of work did you send their way?

potentmix
07-23-13, 18:49
FYI last week I ordered a colt lower receiver parts kit 0.155 and it showed up yesterday. I was worried that it was gonna take awhile but it showed up very quickly.

I understand now why everyone considers colt's LPKs to be the best. Very well made.