PDA

View Full Version : Killer Minnows

Spurholder
06-14-13, 09:00
http://gma.yahoo.com/too-much-prozac-turns-minnows-killers-030551271--abc-news-health.html

Excerpt:

Fish swimming in water with a trace of the anti-depressant Prozac did not adopt a cheery disposition. Instead, they became edgy, aggressive and some even killed their mates.

The fish were subjected to traces of the drug by a research group at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee that examined how environmental exposure to the medication altered the behavior of fathead minnows, a common fish found throughout the Midwest.

montanadave
06-14-13, 09:17
http://gma.yahoo.com/too-much-prozac-turns-minnows-killers-030551271--abc-news-health.html

And the minnows that killed their mates ... used an assault rifle with a high capacity mag!

No.6
06-14-13, 09:58
And the minnows that killed their mates ... used an assault rifle with a high capacity mag!

While driving an ozone killing, fossil fuel guzzling SUV (aka Urban Assault Vehicle).

C-grunt
06-14-13, 09:58
And the minnows that killed their mates ... used an assault rifle with a high capacity clips!

Fixed it for you.

Shao
06-14-13, 10:40
Fixed it for you.

You also forgot to mention that the minnows obtained their assault weapons through evil unregulated gun shows.

Mjolnir
06-14-13, 12:42
And are you not aware that traces of SSRIs are found in tap water in most - if not all - metro water supplies?

"One man with courage makes a majority."

Skyyr
06-14-13, 12:52
And are you not aware that traces of SSRIs are found in tap water in most - if not all - metro water supplies?

I was about to ask that very question. Figures. Just another one of society's self-induced, unintended complications.

GeorgiaBoy
06-14-13, 13:54

http://www.naturalnews.com/039894_anti-depressants_tap_water_SSRIs.html

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-13, 19:40

AND . . . estrogenic compounds and endocrine-disruptors (EDCs) just to name a few.

Is it any wonder why testosterone levels are at an all time low.

Mjolnir
06-14-13, 19:50
AND . . . estrogenic compounds and endocrine-disruptors (EDCs) just to name a few.

EXACTLY!

Check all the things you use and you will find a plethora of EDC in ALL that we use.

When you look at GMO foodstuffs its all there, too.

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-13, 20:06
EXACTLY!

Check all the things you use and you will find a plethora of EDC in ALL that we use.

When you look at GMO foodstuffs its all there, too.

I'm one of those weird odd balls that buy all my food and hygiene products from the hippy stores. :D

I can't even tell you the last time I ate or drank out of a container with BPA.

Kfgk14
06-14-13, 20:56

They're gonna drug us into psychopathy so they can justify further authoritarianism...
Why am I not surprised? :alcoholic:

Sensei
06-15-13, 01:40
http://www.naturalnews.com/039894_anti-depressants_tap_water_SSRIs.html

Congratulations, you found the medical equivalent of Info Wars...

GeorgiaBoy
06-15-13, 01:48
Congratulations, you found the medical equivalent of Info Wars...

I don't think you get it..

Sensei
06-15-13, 01:56
I don't think you get it..

Indeed. I'm far more afraid of the sea bass with laser beams than I am of the minnows on SSRI's. I hear those mutant sea bass can be very ill tempered...

GeorgiaBoy
06-15-13, 02:13
Indeed. I'm far more afraid of the sea bass with laser beams than I am of the minnows on SSRI's. I hear those mutant sea bass can be very ill tempered...

The sea bass are no match for the blaster on your side.

jpmuscle
06-15-13, 04:14
They're gonna drug us into psychopathy so they can justify further authoritarianism...
Why am I not surprised? :alcoholic:

I for one wouldn't mind possessing a few psychopathy related traits.. Glibness and a little more charm wouldn't be bad. Total disregard for the feelings of others could come in handy too on occasion. Maybe I'm just sensitive... lol

Mjolnir
06-15-13, 08:03
I'm one of those weird odd balls that buy all my food and hygiene products from the hippy stores. :D

I can't even tell you the last time I ate or drank out of a container with BPA.

I lean that way, too

WillBrink
06-15-13, 09:08

No doubt, a possible factor to be sure.

Shao
06-15-13, 09:17
No doubt, a possible factor to be sure.

I dunno about the estrogen thing. I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool bottled water drinker, but a couple of years back I started back on the tap during a 4 month hardcore training session. I managed to stack on 30 lbs of solid muscle with almost 0% fat gain (and no steroid or supplement use). I drank tap water like a fish. I'll probably die of stomach cancer or something, but I don't think there's any estrogen forming compounds in my city's tap water at least.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-15-13, 10:38
I am so glad that I'm where the Colorado river starts. Whenever I'm in the mountains, I'm proud that with every flush I'm saying FU to California.

Shao
06-15-13, 11:03
I am so glad that I'm where the Colorado river starts. Whenever I'm in the mountains, I'm proud that with every flush I'm saying FU to California.

Have you been reading Sun Tzu? :D