PDA

View Full Version : Chicago - 6 dead among 24 shot Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning

a1fabweld
06-16-13, 11:46
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/chi-chicago-crime-shooting-gun-violence-marquette-park/

Spiffums
06-16-13, 12:03
So none of them were victims of the new CCW Batman's wondering the city now huh?

gunrunner505
06-16-13, 12:21
So none of them were victims of the new CCW Batman's wondering the city now huh?

none of them were shot with a legal gun. Typical Chicago.

Illinois CCW has been delayed till July 9. The governor is rumored to be pulling some shenanigans to reduce the number if votes it had to below the veto proof majority it was passed with. The bill passed wasn't all that great either. I thought 997 was a better law but at least it's concealed carry. Maybe...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Cagemonkey
06-16-13, 12:24
Welcome to the Democratic controlled war zone. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/people-shot-boroughs-22-minute-span-article-1.1374045?localLinksEnabled=false. Every where that they control, its the SOS.

austinN4
06-16-13, 12:29
Reminds of the NY in Escape From NY.

gunrunner505
06-16-13, 12:39
Reminds of the NY in Escape From NY.

That was actually based on Chicago. That city is more dangerous than an actual war zone...

austinN4
06-16-13, 12:55
Omaha??????? It isn't as bad as Chicago, but who woulda thought?

Omaha Shootings: Deadly Violence Erupts In City On Saturday, Sunday Morning
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/16/omaha-shootings_n_3450023.html

A reporter for WOWT spoke with stunned Omaha residents about the wave of violence.

"It's kind of surreal, but like everybody says, it's never happened in my neighborhood before, but it just goes to show you it can happen anywhere,” Brad Ruzac said.

"It's alarming," Jason Weyerman said. "We don't see any violence around here."

titsonritz
06-16-13, 13:06
Just another day in paradise.

krisjon
06-16-13, 13:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FvlQF8B84

PA PATRIOT
06-16-13, 13:28
Drug turf wars, Gang shootings, and your basic low lifes as long as they are thinning out there own numbers and not hitting innocent by standers or L/E's then I give the events little concern.

D. Christopher
06-16-13, 13:42

obucina
06-16-13, 13:46
no wonder the "locals" cal the place Chiraq.

gunrunner505
06-16-13, 13:50
no wonder the "locals" cal the place Chiraq.

Chicago. A paradise of gun control. It's clearly working well.

C-grunt
06-16-13, 14:48
Sounds like a typical weekend in Chiraq.

a1fabweld
06-16-13, 15:19
Who gives a shit about lowlife thugs killing each other. In fact, CHEERS!

But we all know that the Brady bunch, uncle Joe, & ****stain will use this as "Another senseless tragedy of gun violence" in their next performance to the ignorant masses. That's the bummer.

JoshNC
06-16-13, 15:23
But we all know that the Brady bunch, uncle Joe, & ****stain will use this as "Another senseless tragedy of gun violence" in their next performance to the ignorant masses. That's the bummer.

I doubt the antis will use this any more than they've used previous gang and inner city crime to support their push for more gun control. In fact this just proves that gun control does not curb crime. Chicago has among the strictest gun control in the US and yet look what happens daily. Further, highlighting the demographic typically involved in these crimes would be perceived as racist or classist.

And it lends credence to the idea that average citizens need to be armed to protect themselves against these bottom feeders.

Frankly I'm surprised to see this reported.

Bulletdog
06-16-13, 16:37
But if they would just ban all of OUR ugly black rifles, none of this other completely unrelated stuff in other parts of the country would happen.

Right? Isn't that the premise?

SteyrAUG
06-16-13, 17:17
They call it Chiraq and blame it on lack of resources and assistance to the communities. The reality is for decades they brewed a concentration of violence in projects (free housing) and then decided the projects were the problem and dispersed all of those elements into every neighborhood foolishly believed they would adapt to the new environment rather than adapt the new environment to them.

Shitcago is a model of everything that can go wrong with government entitlement programs and a lack of willingness to hold people accountable for their actions.

Mjolnir
06-16-13, 17:21
But if they would just ban all of OUR ugly black rifles, none of this other completely unrelated stuff in other parts of the country would happen.

Right? Isn't that the premise?

The Communist Reign of Terror.

See Nesta Webster's book WORLD REVOLUTION.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

gunrunner505
06-16-13, 17:55
They call it Chiraq and blame it on lack of resources and assistance to the communities. The reality is for decades they brewed a concentration of violence in projects (free housing) and then decided the projects were the problem and dispersed all of those elements into every neighborhood foolishly believed they would adapt to the new environment rather than adapt the new environment to them.

Shitcago is a model of everything that can go wrong with government entitlement programs and a lack of willingness to hold people accountable for their actions.

The Free Shit Army in action. We should all be so lucky as to have the government "provide" for us. Look how well it worked in Chicago. A panacea of cohabitation.

These people don't elevate themselves to their surroundings, they simply tear the surrounding down to their level of familiarity.

Cincinnatus
06-16-13, 18:11
Who gives a shit about lowlife thugs killing each other. In fact, CHEERS!

They shoot a bunch of people that are not gangbangers, too. Like children in cars.

Mjolnir
06-16-13, 19:36
They shoot a bunch of people that are not gangbangers, too. Like children in cars.

And provide cover for the "humaniacs" who act as if they care about those vein killed and injured. They sway the fence-sitters and convince the non-thinkers this creating an "us versus them" situation.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

gunrunner505
06-16-13, 20:13
And provide cover for the "humaniacs" who act as if they care about those vein killed and injured. They sway the fence-sitters and convince the non-thinkers this creating an "us versus them" situation.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

There were 506 "official" homicides in Chicago in 2012, basically a Sandy Hook every 6 weeks, and it mobilized exactly nobody.

For the record, we will all agree SH was a huge tragedy.

feedramp
06-16-13, 20:32
"What is a good start?", Alec.

sandman99and9
06-16-13, 20:47
I was in Chicago last week for a trade show at the McCormick center. Kind of funny how downtown around the lake and the fancy hotels there are plenty of cops and it is a great place to walk around and explore.

Great food and we went to a Cubs game on Monday but nobody wanted to go sightseeing over on the south side of town, I wonder why?

Nice place to visit for 4 days on the company nickel but you would have to pay me big money to live there !!!

I heard people all over the place talking about the shootings but no one talking about the ****ed up politics in that town.

S.M.

J-Dub
06-17-13, 21:59
Frankly I'm kinda shocked this is big news in Chiraq, seems like a pretty standard body count....

Denali
06-17-13, 22:23
none of them were shot with a legal gun. Typical Chicago.

At least 34 people were shot — nine of them fatally — Saturday afternoon through Father's Day Sunday, stretching from 94th Street and Loomis Avenue on the South Side up to about North Avenue and North Pulaski Road on the Northwest Side, according to authorities. The youngest person killed during one of the bloodiest weekends in Chicago this year, 15-year-old Michael Westley, was fatally shot by a police officer Sunday night.

I assume that the officers firearm was a legal specimen...

Moose-Knuckle
06-18-13, 01:55
Father's Day weekend in Chicago . . . sounds like a real blast! ;)

Too soon? :confused:

Endur
06-18-13, 02:26
It's alright, my Introduction to Law Enforcement teacher told me Indianapolis has a higher murder rate and they just don't report it. We were talking about gun laws and I brought up looking at the worst cities in the country for gun control, they had the worst crime rates across the board. He proceeds to tell me that is wrong and Indianapolis where gun laws are lenient the crime is worse. There are definately bad neighborhoods here but nothing like Chicago.

There are neighborhoods I have been through in Chicago that I was more weary and on edge than in Iraq. That says a lot. I havn't had that here in Indy.

jpmuscle
06-18-13, 03:46
It's alright, my Introduction to Law Enforcement teacher told me Indianapolis has a higher murder rate and they just don't report it. We were talking about gun laws and I brought up looking at the worst cities in the country for gun control, they had the worst crime rates across the board. He proceeds to tell me that is wrong and Indianapolis where gun laws are lenient the crime is worse. There are definately bad neighborhoods here but nothing like Chicago.

There are neighborhoods I have been through in Chicago that I was more weary and on edge than in Iraq. That says a lot. I havn't had that here in Indy.

Welcome to the typical liberal college intelligentsia. You're lucky your professor didn't try and peg you as a racist irrespective of it being a intro to LE class.

gunrunner505
06-18-13, 22:54

Yeah, he's going to need to come up with documentation, real documentation, to prove this one.

Good luck teach....