PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with those POF piston uppers?

skyugo
04-07-08, 11:49
they look pretty nice.
polygonal barrel rifling. us made. etc.

how's it compare to an HK416? is it basically a ripoff of hte 416 or is it something else entirely? anybody own one?

usaffarmer
04-07-08, 22:37
the deal with the is they are a US company, and you can get there product. Other than that they are a great gun to shoot, both in full auto and semi SBR and 16 in. oh ya they are an Americain company and you can get parts for them and even get a whole rifle.

Better than the HK

losbronces
04-07-08, 22:51
they look pretty nice.
polygonal barrel rifling. us made. etc.

how's it compare to an HK416? is it basically a ripoff of hte 416 or is it something else entirely? anybody own one?

I suggest you do a search, "piston" will get information from several different threads. There are people on this forum who own them and have commented on them.

Tspeis
04-08-08, 00:24
the deal with the is they are a US company, and you can get there product. Other than that they are a great gun to shoot, both in full auto and semi SBR and 16 in. oh ya they are an Americain company and you can get parts for them and even get a whole rifle.

Better than the HK

The nonsense that's been spewed all over the internet about replacement parts for the 416 being unavailable is really getting old. Seeing as the 416 is not yet available for commercial sale, why would they sell parts to individuals? Do you Sig selling original 551/552 rifles or parts commercially? I don't think so! :rolleyes:

There are parts distributors and dealers who keep a steady flow of parts in stock. To name a few, Center Mass Firearms, Clyde Armory, and Targetmaster are such dealers.

Tspeis

CarlosDJackal
04-09-08, 12:04
416 uppers are available for commercial sales and have been for a while now. While their numbers may be low, they are still out there. As far as HK parts not being available, regardless of whether or not these are for the 416 or any other HK product, this seems to be accurate.

Just last week I talked to one of the PD's HK Armorer and he told me that he had to wait over 9 months for a minor part (I think it was the recoil spring clip). This is not the only instance that I have heard of this. I've heard from another agency (don't remember which jurisdiction or state) who was sitting on a half dozen handguns that have been awaiting replacement parts for over a year-and-a-half. And that was at the end of last summer.

There are those who manage to get parts right away, it seems like its a crap shoot based on who answers HK's Customer Service line. But regardless of what kool-aid you might be drinking, this parts shortage does exist as far as the end consumer is concerned. It doesn't matter if HK have these parts in their Northern Virginia facility; it's still a shortage to those who cannot obtain them for their guns regardless of the reason.

VA_Dinger
04-09-08, 13:34
416 uppers are available for commercial sales and have been for a while now. While their numbers may be low, they are still out there. As far as HK parts not being available, regardless of whether or not these are for the 416 or any other HK product, this seems to be accurate.

Just last week I talked to one of the PD's HK Armorer and he told me that he had to wait over 9 months for a minor part (I think it was the recoil spring clip). This is not the only instance that I have heard of this. I've heard from another agency (don't remember which jurisdiction or state) who was sitting on a half dozen handguns that have been awaiting replacement parts for over a year-and-a-half. And that was at the end of last summer.

There are those who manage to get parts right away, it seems like its a crap shoot based on who answers HK's Customer Service line. But regardless of what kool-aid you might be drinking, this parts shortage does exist as far as the end consumer is concerned. It doesn't matter if HK have these parts in their Northern Virginia facility; it's still a shortage to those who cannot obtain them for their guns regardless of the reason.

HK416 parts:
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=217795

Center Mass Firearms can get you most any Hecklor&Koch parts you need, as can many other HK dealers.

Let's hope this puts a stop to the "You Cannot Buy HK parts" comments.

I've ordered a spare firing pin, firing pin spring, and recoil spring for mine. Everything arrived in about three days. Not that I needed the spares but I thought it was a good idea to have them.

Jeff Swisser (HK) (205-655-8299) answers the phone when I call, or returns my calls promptly. He is also very helpful with getting me the info or parts that I'm requesting. So much for "bad customer service".

Try getting a lot of other companies to answer the phone or to even return a call. IMO: It ain't going to happen with many of them.

Like I said, these comments will have to stop. I consider them to be at the very least incorrect info, or at the worst disinformation. Neither will fly for long on M4C.

Tspeis
04-10-08, 02:04
416 uppers are available for commercial sales and have been for a while now.

I was referring to the complete weapon, not the upper. The 416 is NOT available commercially from HK. People are able to buy uppers off of complete guns after they've been received by a dealer or PD, but the complete weapons are still unavailable to the average joe direct from HK.

With that said, people should not whine about getting spare parts for a gun that HK doesn't even market outside of LE/Mil organizations. That's to be expected and if HK was selling it commercially, I'm sure parts would be floating around everywhere.

Tspeis