PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Tailor battle belt riding up

Tzook
06-18-13, 23:50
Hey guys, I've recently put together a tactical tailor battle belt set up using a blackhawk inner belt and a tactical tailor fight light battle belt. I really really like it, and it suits my needs well. The only issue I have with it is that if I bend over it has a tendency to ride up. Do any of you have this problem with your battle belts, and how do you fix it? Ideally I could just use belt clips to clip it to my belt on my pants, however there are no slots for those on this particular belt.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

JSantoro
06-19-13, 10:29
There's ways, all relatively inexpensive material solutions...

1) You have a belt that's mesh-lined interior; that stuff will somewhat grip hook-side velcro. At one point, if I knew I'd be wearing my 1st-Line belt, I used one of those thin nylon Spec-Ops "Better BDU" 1.75" belts, to which I'd glued three 1.5" x 3" pieces of hook velcro. @ 3/6/9 oclock. Just slapped my 1st-Line over that, buckled, cinched, boom.

Eventually had those velcro pieces sewn in place, instead of just glued. I still have that thing, and it still works.

2) Same setup; I eventually ordered a dedicated hook-velcro-out belt from Jones Tactical. US Grunt Gear also makes something similar, as do other vendors. I'll just put that through 2 belt-loops on my pants, over my Volund belt, put on the 1st-Line, boom.

3) The strap of a drop-leg holster can keep a belt from riding up. I've not had opportunity to see how it works with other stuff, but guys that want to use a Safariland UBL (which they usually do specifically to get AWAY from needing a strap....;) ) can still run a single leg strap through the channel created by the three-screw mounting pattern of the holster and the UBL. Somebody wanting to do that without putting the strap between the holster and what it's mounted to can instead mount the strap to the back using one of Safariland's T-spacers that fit that screw pattern, by putting the strap between the spacer and the UBL.

WadeP
06-19-13, 12:35
Mine rides up too. I just started wearing it higher.

Look here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-98479.html

Tzook
06-22-13, 21:25
Thanks for the suggestions, problem solved!