PDA

View Full Version : New work rifle

silviacrazed
06-19-13, 16:16
This rifle has been a project for a few months now. I plan to carry it at work once I take the qualification course. The only planned addition will be an Aimpoint T-1 Micro in the future. Here are the specs

Noveske MUR Upper
Noveske Gen 2 Lower
Noveske NSR 13.5" Rail
Noveske QD End Plate
ARP 16" lightweight profile barrel chambered for .223 Wylde (1 in 8 twist)
Vltor Gas Block
Vltor Receiver Extension
BCM Mod 0 compensator
BCM Mod 1 grip
BCM BCG
BCM Gunfighter Ambi Charging Handle
B.A.D.A.S.S. Ambi Safety Selector
Troy Ambi Mag Release
Troy Folding Front Sight
Troy Folding Di-Optic Rear Sight
Wilson Combat TTU LEO/MIL Trigger
Magpul STR Stock
Sprinco Spring
Carbine Buffer
Weight: 6.75lbs unloaded
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s535/silviacrazed0922/IMG_0695_zpsbec95c9e.jpg (http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/silviacrazed0922/media/IMG_0695_zpsbec95c9e.jpg.html)
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s535/silviacrazed0922/IMG_0696_zps35579491.jpg (http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/silviacrazed0922/media/IMG_0696_zps35579491.jpg.html)

masakari
06-19-13, 17:50
looks like an excellent build but I am curious why you chose a Wylde chamber.
also, you mentioned an Aimpoint T-1. what about a light? surely in your profession, a light would be advantageous.

silviacrazed
06-19-13, 18:32
looks like an excellent build but I am curious why you chose a Wylde chamber.
also, you mentioned an Aimpoint T-1. what about a light? surely in your profession, a light would be advantageous.

Everything I've read it'll handle the higher pressure of 5.56 and tends to be a little more accurate. At my job we only are issued 223 ammo, not 5.56. I have also been contemplating a light, it just slipped my mind when I posted this. I'm not sure if I should do a standard hand held in a mount or one of the new high lumen weapon lights.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

potentmix
06-20-13, 03:54
Cool build! I'm actually in the middle of my first build right now and its looking VERY similar to yours. I haven't assembled anything yet but so far I have a Noveske gen 2 lower, Noveske/Vltor MUR upper (both are chainsaw grade), NSR-15, Noveske/BCM gunfighter CH, Vltor gas block, BAD-CASS, and some other components. Interestingly, one of the first parts I purchased was a 16' .223 Wylde 1-8 barrel from ARPerformance! However, the barrel I chose was their socom profile. When I began the build one of my requirements was a Wylde chamber with a 1-8 twist. But as I did more & more research and learned more & more...this is my first rifle btw...I started thinking that the socom profile may be slightly too heavy. Basically I think I bought the barrel a little too early, seeing as I'm new to the platform and the barrel is one of the most important components. I recently sold the barrel locally and picked up a Centurion Arms CHF. Not to take anything away from the ARP, the socom profile was just too heavy. But I have decided for my next build that I am definitely going with a melonite treated barrel, in fact I think I'm going to send off a Noveske stainless to undergo the process. But anyways, if you could give us a range report after firing it I'd really appreciate it, I'm very very curious about the abilities of the ARP. I don't know how they sell their barrels for the price they do! I don't know much about the specifics of what makes a barrel cost what it does, but they really sell their barrels for a bargain considering what you get! In my opinion at least

silviacrazed
06-20-13, 05:42
Cool build! I'm actually in the middle of my first build right now and its looking VERY similar to yours. I haven't assembled anything yet but so far I have a Noveske gen 2 lower, Noveske/Vltor MUR upper (both are chainsaw grade), NSR-15, Noveske/BCM gunfighter CH, Vltor gas block, BAD-CASS, and some other components. Interestingly, one of the first parts I purchased was a 16' .223 Wylde 1-8 barrel from ARPerformance! However, the barrel I chose was their socom profile. When I began the build one of my requirements was a Wylde chamber with a 1-8 twist. But as I did more & more research and learned more & more...this is my first rifle btw...I started thinking that the socom profile may be slightly too heavy. Basically I think I bought the barrel a little too early, seeing as I'm new to the platform and the barrel is one of the most important components. I recently sold the barrel locally and picked up a Centurion Arms CHF. Not to take anything away from the ARP, the socom profile was just too heavy. But I have decided for my next build that I am definitely going with a melonite treated barrel, in fact I think I'm going to send off a Noveske stainless to undergo the process. But anyways, if you could give us a range report after firing it I'd really appreciate it, I'm very very curious about the abilities of the ARP. I don't know how they sell their barrels for the price they do! I don't know much about the specifics of what makes a barrel cost what it does, but they really sell their barrels for a bargain considering what you get! In my opinion at least

My range report won't be anything insane as I don't have anywhere close to shoot even 100yds and I have no glass for it. I'll let you know how it runs though. ARP has made a huge name for themselves in the 6.8 community. I know a lot of his 6.8 barrels are sub MOA. His barrels definitely are a bargain. He's a great person to deal with too. I'm going to go shoot this rifle around 1pm today, so I'll let you know how it functions.

Littlelebowski
06-20-13, 05:50
Nice, clean, and prolly light. Looks good. Let us know how it groups.

RMiller
06-20-13, 06:22
Nice build.

I'd recommend a surefire x300 or ultra.

evoutfitters
06-20-13, 10:02
I'd also add that the X300 ought to be at the 12 o'clock position and in front of a fixed sight of some kind to protect the light's rather fragile tailcap.

Freelance
06-20-13, 11:30
Think you'll really enjoy that build, looks awesome, lets us know how it shoots for you. I have one of the aforementioned ARP 6.8 barrels and it is a freaking tack driver as mentioned. ARP FTW !!

silviacrazed
06-20-13, 19:53
Shot it today. Gotta say, it's a sweet shooting rifle. Almost no kick at all. I was surprised how far over I had to adjust the rear sight to get it to line up. Sadly I only had a 30yd indoor range to shoot at and the lighting wasn't that great. Didn't really do a lot for trying to shoot groups as much as I just wanted to get myself lined up and test for any malfunctions. Ran 80 rounds through it without any issues. Rifle ejects at roughly 3-330. Overall I'm very happy with this rifle.