PDA

View Full Version : Very conflicted. Send back Glock 19g3 for BTF?

danpass
06-19-13, 18:37
I had one before, also g3 and only BTF about 3 times in 400-500 rounds.

But this one, UVXabc, born on 4-15-13, has 3-4 every mag and the rest go over my head / off to the right.

But never an FTE or any other related issues even with light reloads.

But damn what a distraction to have brass smacking you in the forehead, the cheek, eye pro ......

Anyway, the quote from Glock is 2-4wks. Ok, but what bothers me are the various posts here and elsewhere about BTF: "it finally came back and no change!"

It's not my ccw so no issue there. Ugh, maybe I'll just send it lol.

Snake Plissken
06-19-13, 18:53
Get rid of it. You can stick with it and spend quite a lot of money on aftermarket extractors and weeks of turnaround for factory work, but in the end it's not worth it at all. I got rid of my gen4 because it wasn't worth dicking with. Either find an older Gen3 or Gen2 Glock19, or move onto a better pistol.

Dobie
06-19-13, 19:18
Don't send it to Glock it's a waste of time. If they had the fix or gived a damn about the issue you wouldn't have the problem now. I had a problem 19 G3 and fixed it with Apex extractor , ejector & SLB change. Cost about 75 bucks total. Either decide to sell it or try a fix. I already had a trouble free 19 in my holster when I picked up the problematic second one and was invested in mags, etc so I was going to stick with it if it meant I couldn't fix it and had to go for an older pistol before QC took a dive at Glock.

ST911
06-19-13, 21:53
Several threads for this topic following the "what should I do?" theme.