PDA

View Full Version : Fellow LEO's Does this pass the smell test

jklaughrey
06-20-13, 18:23
http://m.lmtribune.com/article_9f262848-d9d9-11e2-b148-001a4bcf6878.html
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/ute6uvy6.jpg

A Lewiston police sergeant who has been on administrative leave since April resigned Wednesday following an Idaho State Police investigation into an allegation of misdemeanor sexual battery.

City Attorney Jamie Shropshire has declined to pursue criminal charges against Ted Piche, a 26-year veteran of the department. But misdemeanor crimes have a one-year statute of limitations, and Shropshire will retain the option to file charges within that period, according to the Lewiston Police Department.

According to police reports obtained by the Lewiston Tribune through a public records request, Piche allegedly made unwanted sexual advances toward a woman at his home on April 20. According to the reports, Piche and another officer had taken the woman to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center three days earlier because she was suicidal and highly intoxicated, and Piche subsequently invited her to his home to drink and watch a movie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jklaughrey
06-20-13, 18:39
Women and alcohol are proven career killers. It sound like he saw someone vulnerable and tried to take advantage of it. I'm not seeing a criminal issue but I certainly see an ethical one.

If he had prior altercations of this nature before would that be enough to consider criminal charges? I only ask because he has had 3 others that got swept.

NCPatrolAR
06-20-13, 18:41
Never get your honey where you get your money

fourXfour
06-20-13, 18:52
Very old school. When I first started we had two old guys that were rumored to have done the same thing (minus the battery of course). One even called a few days later to have the woman put back on a psychiatric hold.

All rumors and they have been retired for awhile now.

This stuff doesn't fly anymore.

jklaughrey
06-20-13, 18:59
David. Cop shop talk but he was accused of battery of a female 10 years ago. Then said female all the sudden moved out of state and dropped charges. I don't usually give credence to water cooler rumors, but I have seen his style of policing and it is very heavy handed and full of his ego.

PA PATRIOT
06-20-13, 19:24
Here's my guess,

The charges are thin and may not pass the smell test in court.

The Officer has 26 years of pension on the books and if he is convicted of wrong doing connected with his job the pension goes by-by.

DA and defense lawyer come together and make a deal to allow the office to retire saving his pension and in return the DA defers charges for one year. Now most civil service jobs have a clause that a employee can un-retire and come back to work as long as they are not at mandatory retirement age or other wise disqualified up to one year after retirement.

So the DA wins by getting the officer off the job, The Officer wins as he protects his pension. The complainant wins because most likely she will receive some small out of court settlement and goes away.

Hootiewho
06-21-13, 06:02
Here's my guess,

The Officer has 26 years of pension on the books and if he is convicted of wrong doing connected with his job the pension goes by-by.

DA and defense lawyer come together and make a deal to allow the office to retire saving his pension and in return the DA defers charges for one year. Now most civil service jobs have a clause that a employee can un-retire and come back to work as long as they are not at mandatory retirement age or other wise disqualified up to one year after retirement.

So the DA wins by getting the officer off the job, The Officer wins as he protects his pension. The complainant wins because most likely she will receive some small out of court settlement and goes away.

This.

Beat Trash
06-21-13, 13:19
Here's my guess,

Yep...

But you need to use some common sense when at work. We have a saying where I work, "Don't pick up anything at work that doesn't go on an arrest slip."

Three days earlier, she was suicidal and intoxicated. Most of us with over 20 years on the job have at least one divorce under our belt. What is to be learned by that experience is to avoid crazy women, at all costs. Bringing someone who three days prior was drunk and suicidal over to your home for drinks and a movie? Wow...