PDA

View Full Version : Small Pistol Primers

platoonDaddy
06-21-13, 18:23
Where are you purchasing ur small pistol primers, of course without getting hosed?

My two primary sources (Power Valley & Shydas) haven't had any in (at least when I checked) since January. So multiple times per day, I check: Power Valley, Midway & Cabela's.

Any ideas?

Airhasz
06-21-13, 18:42
You are checking the right places that have components periodically and sell out very quick. Watch this thread and ones like it on other sites and buy quickly when something you want shows up...;)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661&page=436

tommyrott
06-21-13, 19:40
you can also watch wideners.com . but all i can say is good luck i've been trying to get small pistol primers for about 2 years they either don't have them or what they get last 2 nano seconds before it's bought out. got lucky and a local competitor was revamping his set up so was selling his primer stash. so don't just watch the retail side but also troll chat forums, you might get some sympathy if your almost out

m1a_scoutguy
06-21-13, 20:18
If your a PC geek,,,like me,,;),,sign up for Notifications on Facebook@ PV,,,I get updates "all the time",,works great !!! I have bought multiple items in the last 4/5 Months,,powder/primers/bullets,,,,etc !!! Just be ready to jump !!!! Hate to give up my secrets,,,LOL,,,but I have gotton info on bullets in the last week or so,,Zero/Sierra/Berrys/Berger. Check it out !!!

D.O.A.F.S.
06-21-13, 20:18
I'm not sure what area of Maryland you live but, just north of the border in Pa (York and Lancaster) most LGS have them in stock at about $31 a thousand at least as of a couple days ago. If it's not much of a drive for you let me know I can scout them out for you a head of time.

platoonDaddy
06-21-13, 23:47
I'm not sure what area of Maryland you live but, just north of the border in Pa (York and Lancaster) most LGS have them in stock at about $31 a thousand at least as of a couple days ago. If it's not much of a drive for you let me know I can scout them out for you a head of time.

Please scout them out for me! Also check on limit when purchasing.

Last month two of us rode up to Lebanon to Shydas and he was out of small pistol primers, mucho powder & shotgun primers.

D.O.A.F.S.
06-22-13, 11:46
Please scout them out for me! Also check on limit when purchasing.

Last month two of us rode up to Lebanon to Shydas and he was out of small pistol primers, mucho powder & shotgun primers.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner was at a steel shoot this morning. I checked with Hakes Sporting Goods in Wrightsville and they have CCI and Winchester small pistols in stock at least 8 bricks. Their number is 717-252-1072. Another place I have good luck getting them is Trops Gun Shop in Elizebethtown Pa. Hakes would be closer for you though.

D.O.A.F.S.
06-22-13, 13:44
As far as I know they don't have a limit, early on they did because they were trying to spread the wealth so to speak because of availability. The last time I was there about a week ago I don't recall seeing the sign there anymore.

platoonDaddy
06-22-13, 18:35
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner was at a steel shoot this morning. I checked with Hakes Sporting Goods in Wrightsville and they have CCI and Winchester small pistols in stock at least 8 bricks. Their number is 717-252-1072. Another place I have good luck getting them is Trops Gun Shop in Elizebethtown Pa. Hakes would be closer for you though.

Thank you, will call them on Monday and if in available, I will jump on my scoot and head up 83.

Are you a member of SCSA? If so, win any monies?

again thanks

Forgot to add: Following a 2.5 hour drive, Shydas has a one brick limit. As previously stated, they didn't have any.

D.O.A.F.S.
06-22-13, 19:04
Thank you, will call them on Monday and if in available, I will jump on my scoot and head up 83.

Are you a member of SCSA? If so, win any monies?

again thanks

Forgot to add: Following a 2.5 hour drive, Shydas has a one brick limit. As previously stated, they didn't have any.

Steel shoot was just a local club event my 11 year old son and I do together every month for practice and fun.

Give them a call tomorrow (Sunday) they open at 7am. Monday is the only day of the week they're closed. Shydas's I've been there before but they seem to be VERY high on their prices.

If you can't come up with what you need pm me and I'll check around more for you.

platoonDaddy
06-23-13, 04:13
Steel shoot was just a local club event my 11 year old son and I do together every month for practice and fun.

Give them a call tomorrow (Sunday) they open at 7am. Monday is the only day of the week they're closed. Shydas's I've been there before but they seem to be VERY high on their prices.

If you can't come up with what you need pm me and I'll check around more for you.

Thank you, will call 1st thing this am

IRNFST
06-24-13, 09:46
WC Armory has small and large pistol primers in stock

http://www.wcarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_69&zenid=b753301affe9d3e9276f7f30d1bc8420

markm
06-24-13, 11:27
I'm suffering through my last 300 Wolf Small pistol primers. Those turds have a good 1-3% failure to fire rate. :mad:

It's not thick/hard cups either.

Jonny4523
06-24-13, 17:47
I've had a lot of luck locally. There's a local gun club that buys components by the semi truck load. They had recently got in about 500k. I reload for USPSA with 2 buddies and we were able to score 15k CCI. So they are definitely coming back.

punkey71
06-24-13, 18:07
Took a few months but my 20k Winchester SPP arrived today. $550 picked up locally.

I asked for CCI, which is what I have been using, but said I would take whatever he could get first considering the climate.

Also 8# Titegroup X 2 for an additional $240.

Same old prices, just took longer.

After 2008 I will never get caught low again. I ordered the above just before Sandy Hook. I was never even remotely close to being low on any component.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MrSmitty
06-26-13, 12:07
Local shops have been the ticket for me lately. Sportsman's Supply in Butler county has had a good amount of Federal 100s in stock every time I've gone in over the past two months. A little steeper at $38 per k but not terrible. No limit on purchase either.