PDA

View Full Version : Ice Tactical

Shihan
04-08-08, 14:24
What do you guys think of ICE Tactical? I know they are a Canadian company but does that sway any opionions?

Thanks

Steve
04-08-08, 14:31
I had nothing but headaches getting my belt pad and promies of return calls and emails.. i finally gotten it and hated it im a big guy but it rolled alot on me and was very hard to adjust my wilderness belt in it due to the velcro(which is good but its a pain) other than that it was a nice pad i sold it to a buddy he still run's it..... he has same issue with it rolling on th ettop of the pad for him too,

I bought a sotech countured padded molle instead .

Shihan
04-08-08, 16:56
Im really just looking at it from a quality stand point. Was the rolling because of BBS(Big Belly Syndrome)?

ChandlerSniper158
04-08-08, 20:10
I spoke to Hobie about 3 weeks ago and he said my stuff would be ready to ship by the following Monday. I still haven`t seen it, and now I can`t get ahold of them by phone on either number, it says both lines are disconnected, and I`m getting no responses via emails. Hope your luck is better.

Can`t comment on quality, cuz I can`t get my gear.

Shihan
04-08-08, 21:51
I chatted with Hobey numerous times today.

ChandlerSniper158
04-08-08, 22:02
I bet I`ve called 20 times in the last 2 weeks and cant get thru. What number are you calling? Both one the ones on the website say the number is no longer in service. I`m trying to put together a new load out kit for work to show my supervisors, and they are questioning me as to when it`s going to show up.

Erick Gelhaus
04-09-08, 09:55
I was able to get a padded belt sleeve & suspenders from them. However, the gentleman who was my POC there recently announced he was leaving ICE. So, unk on what will follow.

Steve
04-09-08, 10:19
No i was thinner at the time. LOl it was rolling on the rear.

LDM
04-09-08, 11:40
I don't like bashing folks, but I ordered a jacket from them about a year ago; it did not arrive when promised and I never got a response to multiple inquiries (and I mean MULTIPLE). No feedback, nothing, nada.

Finally I canceled the order through the credit card company. Came out whole.

To this day, I do not know what the problem was.

Cannot speak to quality of merchandise, due to fact I never got it. But their customer service is about the worst I have ever encountered. I'm sorry but, I will never do business with them again.

Stay safe.

Shihan
04-09-08, 12:52
I bet I`ve called 20 times in the last 2 weeks and cant get thru. What number are you calling? Both one the ones on the website say the number is no longer in service. I`m trying to put together a new load out kit for work to show my supervisors, and they are questioning me as to when it`s going to show up.

The easiest way is prob to email him at hobey@icetactical.com

Shihan
04-09-08, 12:55
I don't like bashing folks, but I ordered a jacket from them about a year ago; it did not arrive when promised and I never got a response to multiple inquiries (and I mean MULTIPLE). No feedback, nothing, nada.

Finally I canceled the order through the credit card company. Came out whole.

To this day, I do not know what the problem was.

Cannot speak to quality of merchandise, due to fact I never got it. But their customer service is about the worst I have ever encountered. I'm sorry but, I will never do business with them again.

Stay safe.

Like I said earlier not interested in CS issues just what they thought of the gear. I like some of their designs and im thinking of carrying some of it. If I had problems getting the gear I would reverse the order.

I did do some research over at LF and it seems those who have used the ICE gear love it.

ChandlerSniper158
04-09-08, 13:36
The easiest way is prob to email him at hobey@icetactical.com

I have tried and tried to get an email back ... cant get anything

Shihan
04-09-08, 18:19
He sent me several yesterday but the first one went into my SPAM box.

GIFFMANN
04-10-08, 09:02
Quality tends to be pretty good. HOWEVER, I'm at the 2 year mark for a MultiCam BDU top..... Yes 2 years, NOT months!!!

Impact
04-10-08, 09:45
I was able to get a padded belt sleeve & suspenders from them. However, the gentleman who was my POC there recently announced he was leaving ICE. So, unk on what will follow.

+1. Same experience.
I would hesitate to purchase from them now.

Loner
04-10-08, 22:17

Derek?

Impact
04-10-08, 22:18
Derek?

yes. he posted on lf.net

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5436084761/m/4321066373

ChandlerSniper158
04-11-08, 01:39
I ordered a couple items for T&E and have got NO RESPONSE to phone calls or email. No confirmation of order, etc.

Thats the same thing I did.. Hobey told me a couple times he will have everything ready to go ASAP..I told him to give me an amount so I can get it paid for and nothing.. now I can`t contact him and I get no responses via email. I`ve got one set up already to go for the presentation, but It`s been at least a month now on waiting on them.

I`m not trying to bash the guy or the company.. If they can`t get me the gear.. thats fine.. but at least tell me one way or another so I can seek out something else.

Blake
04-11-08, 07:26
I have a battle belt. It is well built and comfortable. Seems very well made. Long term durability is still a question because I have not had it that long. My opinion it is a good piece of kit whatever problems may exist.