PDA

View Full Version : Stretz Tactical Inc. 1 day VSM Basic Tactical Carbine 8/25, Cortlandt Manor, NY

Stretz Tactical Inc
06-24-13, 17:38
Stretz Tactical Inc. VSM 1 day Basic Tactical Carbine
$175 ($150, if you sign up for the VSM basic pistol on 8/24 as well)
Sunday, Aug. 25, 10:30AM to 4:00 PM
Blue Mountain Sportsman Center, Range 3, Cortlandt Manor, NY

*Due to range restrictions the max. distance for this class will be 25 yards. We will be able to cover all the basics, minus shooting at distance. Future dates @ this range will be shot on a 50 yard range.

Topics covered include: carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control, field stripping & maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, transitions to handgun, use of cover, & introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills, timed fire drills & evaluations based on class skill level.

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine in .223/5.56, 7.62x39, 9mm, .40 s&w or .45 ACP. The class is geared towards the AR-15/M-4 carbine, but other proven platforms are acceptable
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines - If your not LE/MIL & stuck with 10 round mags - bring as many as you can, the 7 round limit does not apply on the range. You can load to 10 rounds on the range
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)
- 400 rounds of carbine ammunition
OPTIONAL - handgun w/100 rounds, 1 spare magazine & a serviceable holster. No shoulder, ankle, crossdraw or Serpa holsters - an exception will be made for armed professionals who are issued a serpa.

MISC:
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it.

Register at www.stretztactical.com

Stretz Tactical Inc
06-30-13, 09:55
Optional handgun w/100 rounds added for transition drills. Plenty of room left in the class. NY'ers come out and exercise your 2nd amendment rights.

If you have questions about the NY Safeact, check out there website: http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-reform

I have also seen a few modifications that are now available & from what I have been told - they have been approved by the state police, that if made to your ar15, would not require registration. 1 is a funky looking stock, the other is a kind of nub (for lack of a better word) that replaces the pistol grip & you use your standard full or pinned collapsible stock and a barrel without a flash suppressor or compensator. Not the most ideal, but better than nothing. PM me if interested & I can point you in the right direction.