PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Bullet Company/ AR500 Targets

Straight Shooter
06-25-13, 06:27
Gents-
Ive got the go ahead to put the word out on a longtime friend of mine's new company....Falcon Bullet Company. Website is falconbullets.com. The business has been up & running since last year, and is going wide open. I was in the shop last week. VERY high quality lead ammo. My friend Dave and I go back 30 years to high school, and he has sunk a ton of money into making this business go.
It is a 100% family run & operated, from his sweet mama, wife, sister, son-law and others.
Dave uses NOTHING but bullet quality lead, no wheel weights or other stuff. They strive, and achieve, for 24hour shipping.
Check them out, the bullet rush earlier this year absolutely swamped them, and I was not allowed to post this until they knew they could make the order ontime and right. All info on the website.

AR500 Steel Pop-Ups:
Daves son-in law Jason, has made a run of pop ups using AR500 waterjet-cut steel. These are nice little pop ups. I bought one after we wrung out the prototype about a week or so ago. A picture is on the website under "accessories". The target base is made of A36 carbon steel, with Grade 8 bolts. It has a custom made spring, made just for this target. Two mounting holes let you use your own anchor.
I shot it without anything attached, and it never fell over with 9mm, 45ACP, .357/.38. We shot hell out of it with the following result at 30 or so yards:
SKS-no damage
M4-Federal 55gr. .223 FMJ- no damage
9mm/45acp/357/38/44Mag- no damage
Mosin Nagant-bored clean thru.
So, this is a tough target. It is 100% American Made & American parts too. I plan on getting at least a couple more, and if he sells these he is gonna make more and some different designs next time.
So if yall need a good, reliable bullet supplier, and some great, fun little pop up targets, yall give my friends a try please.
If ANY problems...by all means, PM me and I personally will see to it, ok? Any questions, email Dave or PM me, Ill be HAPPY to help.
Oh-price on the pop ups is $130.00.

snakyjake
06-25-13, 23:29
The link is falconbullets.com.

JimmyB62
06-26-13, 02:38
Some of the better cast bullet manufacturers are backed up several months. It's always nice having options. The prices are competitive too. I may try some. I Guess your friend owes you a beer:smile:

Straight Shooter
06-26-13, 09:27
THANKS snakyjake for hot linking that for me! Im no computer guy, didn't know how to do it.
JimmyB62- My friend and his wife are really great people. They went thru a lot of crap to get this going. Put A LOT of effort into it, and still
do everyday. They strive for 24 hour shipping, and from what I saw the other day, they are getting it done. I read really good reviews online about them too.
Everybody try a box. And let me & the forum know your results.

Sensei
06-26-13, 09:51
I'm just glad that the falcon logo on their website is red and not blue...:eek:

Straight Shooter
06-26-13, 10:01
Sensei-
Im not understanding that...would you explain? PM if needed, thanks.

GSPKurt
06-26-13, 17:27
And, at a BHN of 17, you can push them at a decent velocity.

samson7x
06-26-13, 19:13
Sensei-
Im not understanding that...would you explain? PM if needed, thanks.

Republicans! :D

I discovered Falcon a few months back and have shot a few thousand of their 9mm 147gr with great success. Great company as far as I'm concerned. I called up to ask about an order and spoke with the wife for quite a while...very nice lady. I will continue to support them. Next day shipping is a HUGE plus too.

jwfuhrman
06-26-13, 19:20
I may look into their cast bullets. Bought a used 550 to setup next to my 650. The 550 is gonna be setup for 9mm.

Straight Shooter
06-27-13, 07:12
DUH! 10-4 on the REPUB COLOR!! Yes, they are indeed right wing, conservative CHRISTIAN folks. The wife's name is Deborah..we calls her Debby. As for the falcon logo...that's from our local high school football team that Dave played on waaaay back in the early eighties. He is older than dirt.
They were TN State champs when he played....thus, the logo.
That, plus I talked him out of using a buzzard.:eek::p Not really.
If yall order...tell em Straight Shooter sent ya, will you?

polymorpheous
06-27-13, 07:48
Blue falcon:
Term originating from the military meaning a "buddy ****er".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20falcon

Nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats.

Straight Shooter
06-27-13, 07:55
Now poly...I don't doubt you, but Im an old Marine and I aint NEVER heard that one!!
Anyway, Ill tell Dave he better be glad he went with RED!
Who comes up with this stuff?!!!

polymorpheous
06-27-13, 08:00
Its an Army thing you big old grunt!
:p

Sensei
06-27-13, 13:49
Now poly...I don't doubt you, but Im an old Marine and I aint NEVER heard that one!!
Anyway, Ill tell Dave he better be glad he went with RED!
Who comes up with this stuff?!!!

Blue Falcon is indeed an Army term, but it has some roots in the Navy. Here is another excerpt from the Urban Dictionary.

A bastardization of two contradictory terms. True Blue is a dated naval/sailing term meaning honest and loyal to a unit or cause. Blue Falcon is used in the modern Army to designate a "Buddy F**ker", that is someone who is not a team player and displays no unit loyalty. Implies a more negative meaning when the terms are put together in this way: True(as in real, bigtime) Buddy F**ker.

For Example
Seaman Smith is True Blue. He took a cannonball to the testicles but still managed to crack a smile when the Queens knickers caught fire.

Versus

Private Tickle is a Blue Falcon. He ate a piece of pie at dinner chow and the drill seargent smoked the whole platoon.