PDA

View Full Version : arkansas guns on college campus

airman
06-25-13, 12:23
Since the state of Arkansas allowed the college's to let on guns on campus at discretion of college's board member's I don't think any boards have approved in favor. I just wonder if the federal government has threatened to cut off federal funding if they did to allow guns on campus. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but anyone else had this question?

Grizzly16
06-25-13, 12:52
Since the state of Arkansas allowed the college's to let on guns on campus at discretion of college's board member's I don't think any boards have approved in favor. I just wonder if the federal government has threatened to cut off federal funding if they did to allow guns on campus. I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but anyone else had this question?

From what I've read of the law it allows employees with a valid permit to carry unless the university opts to add restrictions. So far two large schools have decided to continue the ban but that leaves many that haven't.

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2013/2013R/Pages/BillInformation.aspx?measureno=hb1243

Hersh
06-25-13, 17:32
Recently on the news I saw that SAU in Magnolia is the latest to opt out.