PDA

View Full Version : Profile confusion

Stephen_H
08-08-06, 23:17
I first registered at this website as 'Stephen'. I was hoping it would be a more concise and reliable place for information on weapons than AR15.com. Per the registration rules I added my company web address to my sig line (5) Industry Disclosure – If you are an industry manufacturer/dealer or employed by one you must disclose this relationship through your screen name or signature line. Anonymous industry trolling will not be allowed.). I was almost immediately asked to remove our web address from my sig line because we were not contributors and I asked for my account to be deleted because, to be honest, I was kind of put off that I was asked for this information and then told to take it down because we were not contributors. After some thought I decided to try again, but I wanted to get clarification on what exactly is required of me as the Director of R&D for ATS Tactical. We are a company that provides a myriad of services including, but not limited to, training, security, executive protection, retail sales, manufacturing, and intelligence. Please advise.

Stephen

Boom
08-08-06, 23:23
I first registered at this website as 'Stephen'. I was hoping it would be a more concise and reliable place for information on weapons than AR15.com. Per the registration rules I added my company web address to my sig line (5) Industry Disclosure – If you are an industry manufacturer/dealer or employed by one you must disclose this relationship through your screen name or signature line. Anonymous industry trolling will not be allowed.). I was almost immediately asked to remove our web address from my sig line because we were not contributors and I asked for my account to be deleted because, to be honest, I was kind of put off that I was asked for this information and then told to take it down because we were not contributors. After some thought I decided to try again, but I wanted to get clarification on what exactly is required of me as the Director of R&D for ATS Tactical. We are a company that provides a myriad of services including, but not limited to, training, security, executive protection, retail sales, manufacturing, and intelligence. Please advise.

Stephen

Stephen sorry for any confusion you may have had. Our policy is to not allow hotlinking of websites in sig lines unless they are site sponsoring dealers or Manufacturers. If you wish to remain please do so. Just do not hot link your web address in your sigline without prior staff permission. If I can be of farther help please let me know.

Thank You

Boom

Stephen_H
08-08-06, 23:27
Stephen sorry for any confusion you may have had. Our policy is to not allow hotlinking of websites in sig lines unless they are site sponsoring dealers or Manufacturers. If you wish to remain please do so. Just do not hot link your web address in your sigline without prior staff permission. If I can be of farther help please let me know.

Thank You

Boom

Fair enough. I just wanted to be clear this time. Thanks for the prompt response and sorry for the prior confusion.

Stephen

Boom
08-08-06, 23:29
Fair enough. I just wanted to be clear this time. Thanks for the prompt response and sorry for the prior confusion.

Stephen

My pleasure sir anytime. If you ever need anything please let me know.

Please enjoy the site.

Boom