PDA

View Full Version : USPSA and IDPA pistol classification

AKDoug
06-27-13, 00:43
I've read the rule books. I'm a bit confused. I have a Glock 17 with a grip reduction and stippling. Looks like that throws me into Open in USPSA and I can't figure out if it will work in ESP in IDPA. Anybody willing to help me out here?

Alaskapopo
06-27-13, 04:25
I've read the rule books. I'm a bit confused. I have a Glock 17 with a grip reduction and stippling. Looks like that throws me into Open in USPSA and I can't figure out if it will work in ESP in IDPA. Anybody willing to help me out here?

No you are not in open but you are in limited with the grip reduction and stippling. You are not allowed to shoot production with those mods. Now for IDPA you are in ESP not SSP.
Pat

AKDoug
06-27-13, 21:11
Thanks Pat. I'm going to give MatSu a whirl next month I hope. Might even make it to Chatinika since my kids are headed to UAF.

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

Alaskapopo
06-28-13, 07:01
Awesome I hope you can make it out both are great clubs.
Pat

AKDoug
06-28-13, 09:51
I need to see how it's done so we can start our own events.

Alaskapopo
06-28-13, 14:38
I need to see how it's done so we can start our own events.

If you guys start doing matches I will try to make some. With that range your building I would love to see some long range tactical rifle matches. (you guys are done with that 1000 yard range right?) Tactical rifle is one thing this state is missing.
Pat

AKDoug
06-30-13, 00:11
LOL :no:.. done? We cleared it in March and the ground just finished drying because of the late spring. We are currently improving the road to it right now. A 1000 yard range cut out of the woods is essentially a runway big enough for a DC-3. 10 acres of clearing, dozing, and leveling. Lots of work on a very limited budget with volunteers working in their free time. $25,000 doesn't buy much heavy equipment time and fuel these days. We hope to be ready by next summer. Probably have 600 yards done by this fall. If it doesn't freeze too early, we may make it further than that.